• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:13

I applaud the manager for doing the things he did. Kids can potentally hurt themselves being allowed to run around like that. It was for everyone's benifit that that action was performed by the manager

1) The kids have to learn to behave in situations

2) The parents need to control them

3) The restaurant could have been sued if something happened to the kid

4) Ruining lots of meals. In both ways. If the kid runs into a waitress serving someone's food and the food gets spilled it will get on the guest, and might ruin clothes, phones, etc as well as waste food and wasted food = wasted money.

This is why around here I see more parents getting thier kids a tablet so they can play angry birds while the parents enjoy their meals and both parties are happy. 

#17 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:34

This is why around here I see more parents getting thier kids a tablet so they can play angry birds while the parents enjoy their meals and both parties are happy. 

An excellent idea. Distraction goes a long way with a child.

#18 0nyX

0nyX

Posting from Apple //c

• 1,144 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:00

Parents with noisy kids should be banned from everywhere.

By law.

#19 illage3

illage3

Apprentice Game Designer

• 504 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:04

Kids will be kids.  As much as I hate loads of kids screaming and running around, its ultimately down to the parents to control their kids.

#20 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

• 4,184 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:28

We sometimes get a nice coffee shop or eatery open up where I stay. Only for 3 months down the line the place to be over run with Mum`s with a toddler/pram.

Which kinda sucks as on a nice day when I finish at 4pm, its nice to come back to my local area and sit and have a coffee/drink in one of these places.

Tho you can`t cause 75% (or there abouts) of the customers are Mums who are immune to the sound/annoyance of there child, and act with a god given right of entitlement, despite the fact there paying zero attention to the child whilst it screams its lungs out or runs around the tables.

In fact theres one place I wont name, but the amount of times Ive been in and someone brings a child in, only for the staff to all then stop work and huddle round for 20mins to inspect the child, or talk shite to mum while child runs about is insane. Shame aswell cause its a tasty wee place to eat, thus why I go back.

Distinctly remember the threat of being knocked the ###### out, if I misbehaved like these Mums allow there kids to do, and whats worse is theres a growing trend amongst the "better off" mothers now to ignore your child aswell.

#21 leesmithg

leesmithg

The Major!

• 9,473 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:36

I don't go out to restaurants because of the behaviour of other diners and their rowdy off-spring.

I am also getting ###### off with these adult allowing their off-spring to treat the supermarket like a playground.

It's always the same families where I live.

There are some very well behaved families that use the supermarket and restaurants, however, the bad outweigh the good!

#22 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:04

This place keeps a baby under the cash register and the cook goes around calling everyone 'fool'

http://www.yelp.com/...n-shack-madison

Really... a baby under the cash register? 

Here's another depressing looking place glad it closed:

http://www.yelp.com/...aurant-superior

#23 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

• 4,184 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:28

I am also getting ****ed off with these adult allowing their off-spring to treat the supermarket like a playground.

It's always the same families where I live.

There are some very well behaved families that use the supermarket and restaurants, however, the bad outweigh the good!

+1, having kids run mental in the supermarket, really great parenting!!

Remember some kids getting into one of those big football sack/display things. Needless to say, about 30-40 footballs of various sizes and colour bouncing down the aisles.

#24 leesmithg

leesmithg

The Major!

• 9,473 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 15:37

+1, having kids run mental in the supermarket, really great parenting!!

Remember some kids getting into one of those big football sack/display things. Needless to say, about 30-40 footballs of various sizes and colour bouncing down the aisles.

ASDA Kings Hill, is where it is at.

Soon as it's junior school chucking out time or a weekend they're at it.

#25 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,290 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 15:46

A friend of mine has a kid who wanted to go to the park near my house.. the conversation went something like this

Kid: Mom can I go to the park

Mom :NO

Mom :I SAID NO!!!!!

Mom :NO......OK fine go to the park.

Every morning when she wakes the daughter up for school (They are temporary staying with me, it goes something like this.)

Mom: Wake up!!!

Kid: Rolls over and goes back to sleep

Mom: WAKE UP WE HAVE TO GO

kid: Rolls over and goes back to sleep.

Finally she gets her out of bed and is usually late to school and late for work.

So last week I got to be the one to wake the kids up and take them to school. This is how it went

Warwagon: Wake up!

Warwagon: Walks over to the kid picks her up out of bed, sets her on the floor feet first and says "Good Morning"

We then arrived to school 2 mins early!

#26 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

• 1,286 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 15:57

Seriously, if you cannot control your kids, then maybe you should stay home and dine.  If my kids 'act like kids' and throw stuffs at their face, then it would be ok too? ... lolz ... 

#27 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 7,995 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 23 September 2013 - 16:24

A friend of mine has a kid who wanted to go to the park near my house.. the conversation went something like this

Mom :I SAID NO!!!!!

Mom :NO......OK fine go to the park.

Every morning when she wakes the daughter up for school (They are temporary staying with me, it goes something like this.)

Mom: WAKE UP WE HAVE TO GO

kid: Rolls over and goes back to sleep.

Finally she gets her out of bed and is usually late to school and late for work.

So last week I got to be the one to wake the kids up and take them to school. This is how it went

Warwagon: Wake up!

Warwagon: Walks over to the kid picks her up out of bed, sets her on the floor feet first and says "Good Morning"

We then arrived to school 2 mins early!

My kids are like this, however we don't give in.

They like to stay in bed, so every morning when I wake them up, if they don't get up when asked, I take their blankets off the bed so nothing to curl up into.  We also enforce a: "If you aren't up within 10 minutes of being woken up, you go to bed a half hour earlier that night".  The second part of it usually gets them moving.

As for the park, we have similar situations, and while yes we have given it at times (No one wants to listen to screaming and crying), but more often than not we offer alternatives, or tell them if they do X and Y they can go to the park or if they go to the park they have to do X and Y when they come home.

Also.. 2 mins early?  Should be 10-15 early.  

#28 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 16:25

And this is why restaurants are starting to pop up here and there with "no kids allowed" policies.

#29 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• 5,315 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 16:30

Its the parents fault for not bringing something for the kids to do. Like coloring books.

#30 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 18:01

I've often wondered why restaurants don't have a kid's play area with a TV playing like some businesses do, like Barnes and Noble for example.