• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 23 September 2013 - 18:12

I've often wondered why restaurants don't have a kid's play area with a TV playing like some businesses do, like Barnes and Noble for example.

Ponderosa used to have a kiddie korral with sprinkles mascot and toys to play with. They got rid of that a long time ago.

#32 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 18:17

Ponderosa used to have a kiddie korral with sprinkles mascot and toys to play with. They got rid of that a long time ago.

Yeah, I don't know of any restaurant that has one now. But I can go into Barnes and Nobles and kids are happily playing and watching TV while the parents take turn shopping. It's great for everyone.

#33 MtnDewCodeRedFreak

MtnDewCodeRedFreak

Since May 2001

• 1,950 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 23 September 2013 - 18:36

I agree 1000% with the restaurant and to fusi0n's post regarding him going out after 8pm or to a sports bar!

Kids and pets (except cats) annoy the hell out of me.

#34 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 18:43

Ponderosa still exists?

#35 #Michael

#Michael

Neowinian Senior

• 6,178 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 18:46

After a Texas Applebee’s asked a family to leave because of its allegedly rowdy children this week, the incident prompted a fast moving chain of events: calls to the police, outcry from the family, explanation from the eatery chain, and an online debate about what constitutes inappropriate restaurant behavior.

"I feel disrespected," Lillian Maliti, mother of 3-year-old Ryan and 1-year-old Ethan, told KHOU News in Houston on Wednesday. "This has never happened in my life."

Maliti’s husband Eli Gau told the news station that his young kids are “active,” and that they “act like children." He added, “I feel heartbroken. I feel very sad.”

According to a spokesperson for the Harris County Sheriff, the station first received a call at 10 p.m. from an Applebee’s employee who reported “arguing” among the family in question. Six minutes later, Gau called the police to report that he and his family had been kicked out of the restaurant and that they felt “threatened.” An officer met the family out in the parking lot, but did not file any charges, citations, or warnings.

more

I'm sorry but what is a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old doing in a restaurant at 10p?  Shouldn't they be home in bed?  I was at least 10 years old before my parents let me stay up past 10.  No wonder why the kids were acting that way.

#36 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 8,019 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 23 September 2013 - 18:59

I'm sorry but what is a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old doing in a restaurant at 10p?  Shouldn't they be home in bed?  I was at least 10 years old before my parents let me stay up past 10.  No wonder why the kids were acting that way.

While I am inclined to agree.. You don't know what the family life is like.  If parents work Afternoons for example, they don't need to be up until say.. noon.  If the kids get acustomed to sleeping from say 11PM till 11AM then if they have a nap around.. 4 or 5 (while parents are working).. then there is no way they would go to bed at 10.

My son is 2 and a half, his sleep schedule varies based on his nap.  He is up every morning between 6 and 7:30.  We try to have him nap at least once around 2, then he goes to bed between 8 and 9 but some nights he is just too active to go to bed and just screams in the room.

#37 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,157 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 19:06

I'm offended, thus I'm a victim...

/s

#38 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 23 September 2013 - 19:14

Yeah, I don't know of any restaurant that has one now. But I can go into Barnes and Nobles and kids are happily playing and watching TV while the parents take turn shopping. It's great for everyone.

I think more places should have kept that.

Ponderosa still exists?

Yep they do... some are ok, but some have really gone down the toilet. They are also massively overpriced now... 35 bucks for 2 people to eat meh steak and meh potatoes and eat off the meh salad bar. 

Get more of a fillin at Applebee's or Cheddar's for only 23 bucks on average even when I get a margarita!

#39 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 19:45

Get more of a fillin at Applebee's or Cheddar's for only 23 bucks on average even when I get a margarita!

Not to get us too far off topic, but I can't stand Applebee's food but Cheddar's is great.

#40 francescob

francescob

Neowinian Senior

• 1,899 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 20:19

Remember some kids getting into one of those big football sack/display things. Needless to say, about 30-40 footballs of various sizes and colour bouncing down the aisles.

It was their fault for leaving that ball pit open!

#41 0nyX

0nyX

Posting from Apple //c

• 1,153 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:14

Reading some posts here and see by myself from friends and people I know, it seems like today,more than ever, the people who are not suitable at all to become parents are the ones they do.

Usually the people who don't become parents are the ones who realize what a major responsibility it is and they don't go for it unless everything is the way it is supposed to be (financially etc).

#42 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

• 4,186 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:26

It was their fault for leaving that ball pit open!

Yeh the giant hole at the top of the structure, means its always open. Likewise ignoring your children to the point there able to remove some 30+ balls and throw them about, kinda would suggest that your not just looking away for 2 secs, rather a decent length of time.

Likewise its the parents responsibility to ensure that kids dont break things, not the stores!

#43 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,452 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:57

Good for Applebee's.

And screaming rude kids has nothing to do with 'race'. :rolleyes:

yeah it kind of does. if you see how many of the adults act in restaurant then how the children act makes total sense.

#44 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,452 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:00

An excellent idea. Distraction goes a long way with a child.

yes, don't instill discipline in a child. instead still ADD in them at the youngest possible age.

#45 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 16:09

yes, don't instill discipline in a child. instead still ADD in them at the youngest possible age.

Small children are much harder to control in public. All the noise and people get them excited and they are harder to control. That is not the place to be teaching them discipline. They need the distraction and I doubt they could focus on you enough to know what you are saying. As they get older, they should be taught to control themselves in public, of course. Everything depending on the child. Some learn faster than others.

My brother-in-law and his wife wouldn't go into a restaurant for years to eat because their children had ADHD and couldn't be controlled. Little by little they taught them control and now they go in with the best of them, though the kids still do have attention problems.