Photo

Can't update apps due to not being on iOS 7

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:15

The difference between android and iOS is that if an app is targeted to the latest version of iOS, your 4-year-old phone (iPhone 3GS) can't update. Everyone else can update the day the software is released.

On Android even some phones that are less than a year old can't update, or have a lengthy wait before they can do so.

#32 Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

Shine bright like Iron Man.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:22

The difference between android and iOS is that if an app is targeted to the latest version of iOS, your 4-year-old phone (iPhone 3GS) can't update. Everyone else can update the day the software is released.

On Android even some phones that are less than a year old can't update, or have a lengthy wait before they can do so.

Don't even mention firmware OS updates. Talk about app compatibility, where there many apps on an Android phone that won't work on another. I had a Sidekick 4G, but you'd have to have a Samsung Galaxy S2 or S3 in order to work with a good app. It was so frustrating for me at the time. That's why I'm a full iOS and OS X user because of update and compatibility.

#33 Rayhoo

Rayhoo

Neowinian

Posted 07 October 2013 - 14:29

am i too hasty? I've already upgraded to 7.