Recommneded WordPress plugins.

Question

Just thought it would be good to get a list of the best WordPress plugins, and see what everyone is using.

• JetPack - [ Link

Adds a lot of features from wordpress.com such as social comments, site stats, Omnisearch, YouTube embeds, Shortcodes, etc.  This is a big plugin, however it does require a free wordpress.com account to use.

• Akismet - [ Link

Akismet is the best spam protection plugin you can get.  Using this I've hardly ever had any spam.  If you've use Wordpress.com you've already used this plugin before.  Best of all its free to use.

• Zemanta - [ Link

This plugin allows you to add "related content" from other sources to your post. Its a good plugin to allow readers to look at more blogs which have similar content to yours.  It also allows you to insert images into your post based on what your post is about, and there's also a one click tagging system.

• BackWPup - [ Link

As the name implies this allows you to create back ups of a WordPress installation in case you need them in the future. However I recommend that you increase the PHP memory limit before using this otherwise its not going to work.  You can back it up to dropbox and other services.  Its good practice to do this.

• WPSystem Health - [ Link

More of an upgrade to the WordPress Dashboard this allows you to check on your webservers health, with stuff such as memory, storage space etc.  Its a more convenient way to access this information.  

So there's some of the plugins I recommend.  What plugins do you all recommend?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet