18 posts in this topic

Posted

In a move destined to shake up the fast-food industry, Burger King Tuesday will unveil a simple but startling french fry innovation: french fries with 30% less fat and 20% fewer calories than BK's current fries. (And 40% less fat and 30% fewer calories than McDonald's fries.)

They've dubbed the new product Satisfries

Posted

LOL It's not about how many calories, it's about what's in those calories. Low calories does not mean it's healthy.

Posted

I'm sure if I visited BK right now, I'd see some fat woman ordering two or three fries for herself.

Posted

It's disappointing that this is just an option and not being done as standard. Burger King really needs to do something to differentiate it from McDonald's.

Posted

n a move destined to shake up the fast-food industry, Burger King Tuesday will unveil a simple but startling french fry innovation: french fries with 30% less fat and 20% fewer calories than BK's current fries. (And 40% less fat and 30% fewer calories than McDonald's fries.)

It would be interesting to see how they have done that using the same ingredients.

Posted

send em to the fat farms, let me eat my real fries. lite tastes like absolute shiate.

Posted

I bet they won't taste as good though. Nothing that's made with being better for you in mind ends up actually tasting good.

send em to the fat farms, let me eat my real fries. lite tastes like absolute shiate.

They are. Did you skip over the part about them being offered as an "option"?

Posted

It would be interesting to see how they have done that using the same ingredients.

Probably spraying the fries with plastic. :p

Posted

I'm sure if I visited BK right now, I'd see some fat woman ordering two or three fries for herself.

and a Diet Coke...

Posted

LOL It's not about how many calories, it's about what's in those calories. Low calories does not mean it's healthy.

You mean those fries could be less nutritious?

1 person likes this

Posted

I liked BK's fries. Lemme guess these new ones taste like crap.

Posted

I would get 2 fries, old and new, without salt.

That would be an accurate taste-test, to see what difference there is.

Posted

tried them last night, they actually taste better then BK's regular fries

2 people like this

Posted

tried them last night, they actually taste better then BK's regular fries

I may have to give them a try. :)

Posted

I may have to give them a try. :)

I was pretty surprised, they are thicker, feel more like a home made crinkle fry. They had more taste to them. I got them and the regular fries together just to see if there was a difference in taste, and it sure tasted like it.

Posted

yea, i do not see this addition as something that will make me or my family want to eat at Burgerking (or anyone in my area really) several times over the past few years the 2 Burger King locations in my county have closed and then re-opened under new management and then closed again. they are not very popular out here.

Posted

^ Our BK just sucks. I haven't been i ages but I hear through the grapevine that nothing has changed. 

Posted

I was pretty surprised, they are thicker, feel more like a home made crinkle fry. They had more taste to them. I got them and the regular fries together just to see if there was a difference in taste, and it sure tasted like it.

ok, now you've done it, i have to stop on the way home to try some....   and i don't even care for french fries!