Popular Hybrid Cats are Booming, Controversial

There is a booming market out there for custom cat lovers who want more ?king of the jungle? ?than cute on the couch.?

We?re talking big kitties, the kind with fierce primal urges that have them banned in several states. Now, who would pay tens of thousands of dollars for such a pet, and should you worry if they move in next door?

?People want to have something different - they want to have the biggest, the baddest, the most exotic,? says Carole Baskin, Founder and CEO, Big Cat Rescue.

Among the cats most in vogue these days is the Savannah, a cross between a wild Serval, a house cat. Savannahs grow about 2 ? times larger than house cats and have been banned in eight states and require permits in others.

Those looking for the exotic without the size are gravitating to the Toyger, which are about the size of a house cat but with the distinct stripes of a tiger. The Toyger has become so popular they can cost as much as a car.

source & video

post-37120-0-09704000-1380064280.jpg

?People want to have something different - they want to have the biggest, the baddest, the most exotic,? says Carole Baskin, Founder and CEO, Big Cat Rescue.

Not me. I'm happy with my little baby.

inb4... oh wait...

Haha I lol'ed

For those with too much money...why not get an exotic cat? I mean you could get a regular cat and donate the other $20,000 to a charity...but hey...its a CAT!

:laugh: can you imagine the look on the faces of your guests when they see a cat the size of a dog walking around your house.. the one in the video looks way more like a wild animal then a cat...  I want one!

Edit - nevermind.. I dont want one..

How Much Does A Savannah Cost? - http://www.a1savannahs.com/savannahs.htm

The price of a Savannah will vary depending on the quality of the individual cat. Following are average price ranges:

Males:

F1 $12,000-$22,000

Females:

F1 $12,000-$35,000                  

I seen a liger - a half lion, half tiger - today on T.V. I love that big cats, I think they are magnificent creatures but this thing looked hideous.

pa9rPV9.jpg

Edit - nevermind.. I dont want one..

How Much Does A Savannah Cost?

The price of a Savannah will vary depending on the quality of the individual cat. Following are average price ranges:

Males:

F1 $12,000-$22,000

Females:

F1 $12,000-$35,000       

^ Don't worry -- there will probably be lots of stray exotic cats, eventually. :laugh:

I want to get a bengal cat, and name him/her badass.  Because all he/she'd do is walk around all badass like.

Until it goes blind ;)

Then it will just be sad.