Gotham

Danny Cannon will direct and executive produce the pilot for Fox?s highly anticipated Gotham pilot from Warner Bros. TV and The Mentalist creator Bruno Heller. Cannon has previously directed the pilots for the CSI franchise, as well as the CW?s Nikita among others. The show will focus on a young James Gordon as he works his way up the ranks of the GCPD, and will apparently feature several of Batman's classic villains. As for the Dark Knight himself, the recent news that a casting call went out for a young Bruce Wayne pretty much rules out any caped crusading.

x

^Sounds good to me. I hope they'll do a much better job than what the people of Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. have done and that there's an underlying story that's being told throughout the season.

?Gotham? TV Series: Donal Logue Might Play Harvey Bullock

Just a couple of days ago, we reported on an announcement revolving around a certain juicy bit of casting for Gotham, FOX?s in-development TV series taking place in Batman?s home city. Scuttlebutt had Donal Logue pegged as the network?s choice for the role of Jim Gordon, who would serve as the show?s focal point instead of Bruce Wayne; unfortunately, no sooner had we all gotten our hopes up over Logue?s potential involvement were they dashed by a single tweet from the actor himself denying that he?d been offered the role.

It seemed like that was all there was to it, but there?s a new twist in this story (and take said twist well-salted, as rumors like this always should be). As it happens, Logue was actually approached about playing Harvey Bullock, not Gordon, for the show, which not only makes his rebuttal of the original rumor completely honest but opens up the possibility that he could still have a presence on Gotham. Let us stress, of course, that this doesn?t mean anything until official word on the matter comes out from Logue, his PR people, or FOX, but this is a heartening turn of events, to say the least.

Source Screen Rant

It's by Warner, it will be bad. Like Smallville and Arrow.

Filmed with soap opera camera's, bad CGs, written by Twilight script candidates rejects and will be filled with some "deep-meaning" faslhbacks or foreseeing

It's by Warner, it will be bad. Like Smallville and Arrow.

Filmed with soap opera camera's, bad CGs, written by Twilight script candidates rejects and will be filled with some "deep-meaning" faslhbacks or foreseeing

LOL!

Smallville was bad, but Arrow surprisingly good. Cheasy acting but the story is good.

I believe that Arrow and Smallville's production quality look good for what they're trying to do with both characters. This series though, it needs the the look of The Walking Dead. That gritty feeling that doesn't look too clean. Perhaps even like Mob City? Now I'm only talking about how I think it should look on the TV post production-wise. I mean, it's about Gotham so it should be at least a bit gritty.

I also hope that it won't be 1 case per episode but that it'll have an underlying story line that's going on throughout the series. 1 case per episode and you have yet another crime-solving series, which are already plenty in numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Ben McKenzie to Play Young Commissioner Gordon in Fox?s Batman Origin Series

?Gotham? has found its Detective James Gordon.

Fox and Warner Bros. TV have tapped Ben McKenzie to star in ?Gotham,? casting the ?Southland? alum as a young version of DC Comics? famed Commissioner Gordon.

Fox topper Kevin Reilly announced at the net?s winter TCA session that ?Gotham? will feature the origin story of Gordon along with Gotham City?s notable villains. A young Bruce Wayne will also be featured, as ?Gotham? follows Wayne from his pre-teen years to the moment when it puts on the Batman cape for the first time.

Bruno Heller penned the pilot script for ?Gotham,? which has a series commitment at Fox. He will exec produce with Danny Cannon, who also helmed the pilot.

McKenzie is no stranger to the Fox family, as the thesp landed his breakout role on the net?s sudsy drama ?The O.C.? McKenzie also has experience working in the Batman universe, having voiced Bruce Wayne/Batman in 2011 animated pic ?Batman: Year One.?

The actor is repped by CAA, Management 360 and PJ Shapiro, Ziffren and Brittenham.

Source: Variety

I am not to sure over the choice but he was good in Southland

Yeah, he doesn't exactly strike me as a Jim Gordon but he was great in that series. I still have high hopes for this series though!

"We will see how they get to become what they are as Gotham is teetering on the edge," Reilly told reporters during the Television Critics Association's winter press tour. ?It is an operatic soap that has a slightly larger-than-life quality.?

McKenzie, who rose to fame on Fox's teen drama "The O.C.," is no stranger to DC Comics adaptations, having voiced the Dark Knight in Warner Bros. Animation's "Batman: Year One."

"Gotham" is just one of four DC-based projects in development for the fall season, alongside "The Flash" and "iZombie" at The CW and "Constantine" at NBC.

Source: Comic Book Resources

Yeah, he doesn't exactly strike me as a Jim Gordon but he was great in that series. I still have high hopes for this series though!

I think he can probably sell it to younger viewers now mainly young girls :p

I think he can probably sell it to younger viewers now mainly young girls :p

Lets hope they'll aim this series towards a different kind of group :p