• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile)

Posted 25 September 2013 - 23:48

I really like the look of iOS 7 when they show it off Macworld but when you see it in person, I had a different thought about it. It looks like a toy phone now. Anyone had that same thought?

#2 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

• Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 25 September 2013 - 23:53

It grows on you.  First reaction might not be that good but once you start to use the new multitasking and notifications you realise that it's actually quite smooth.

#3 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 25 September 2013 - 23:54

It's alright. Reminds me of Metro/ModernUI. I basically like it. I think it's an improvement. Just not a whole lot to it on the surface other than flatness and more minimalist which is the trend.

#4 suprNOVA

suprNOVA

devSquad

• Phone: Galaxy Note III

Posted 25 September 2013 - 23:56

I really like the look of iOS 7 when they show it off Macworld but when you see it in person, I had a different thought about it. It looks like a toy phone now. Anyone had that same thought?

Yeah buddy, exactly my thoughts after playing around with it. I mean overall i've had a great experience with iOS 7, but it definitely looks like a toy

#5 Garnet H.

Garnet H.

astropheed

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 25 September 2013 - 23:59

At least it's waterproof, that's pretty awesome.

Readers Note: Don't be stupid.

#6 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 September 2013 - 00:05

Yeah buddy, exactly my thoughts after playing around with it. I mean overall i've had a great experience with iOS 7, but it definitely looks like a toy

It's the flatness.

If you merely rely on appearances in Xcode (as I did before today), iOS 7 on non-Retina displays looks so flat that it's nearly lifeless; the flatness is actually MORE obvious in person (I saw an iPhone 4 running iOS 7 GM today in person - the iPhone 4 does NOT have a Retina display by default).  Does the iPhone 5c have a Retina display, even as an option?  What is the standard display of the 5s?  That's going to be the REAL measure of iOS 7 acceptance on new iDevices - sales on the less-expensive non-Retina hardware.  And I mention the nearly-lifeless aspect  is compared to previous versions of iOS, and specifically iOS 6.

#7 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

Posted 26 September 2013 - 00:12

It's the flatness.

If you merely rely on appearances in Xcode (as I did before today), iOS 7 on non-Retina displays looks so flat that it's nearly lifeless; the flatness is actually MORE obvious in person (I saw an iPhone 4 running iOS 7 GM today in person - the iPhone 4 does NOT have a Retina display by default).  Does the iPhone 5c have a Retina display, even as an option?  What is the standard display of the 5s?  That's going to be the REAL measure of iOS 7 acceptance on new iDevices - sales on the less-expensive non-Retina hardware.  And I mention the nearly-lifeless aspect  is compared to previous versions of iOS, and specifically iOS 6.

Fairly sure the iPhone 4 has a retina display.

#8 Cask1

Cask1

Neowinian

Posted 26 September 2013 - 00:11

It's the flatness.

What? Every iPhone since the 4 has had a Retina Display. The only non retina devices to support iOS 7 are ipad 2 and mini.....

#9 NightScreams

NightScreams

Neowinian

Posted 26 September 2013 - 00:16

Can someone show me a pic of what's so different? The pic I saw looked very similar to the 5.1.1 version i'm using now. How is using it so different, don't you still just swipe and click on icons?

#10 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

Posted 26 September 2013 - 00:17

Can someone show me a pic of what's so different? The pic I saw looked very similar to the 5.1.1 version i'm using now. How is using it so different, don't you still just swipe and click on icons?

http://www.apple.com/ios/

#11 NightScreams

NightScreams

Neowinian

Posted 26 September 2013 - 00:22

chAos972, on 25 Sept 2013 - 20:17, said:

I'm not seeing the difference. I see some icons that are shaped like before. click n play. They added some features. Everyone else is acting like this is the difference between the Vista start menu and the Metro full screen UI. That's what i'm asking about...whats the complaint? Does it not feel right, does the UI flip upside down and come at you in 3d or what?

#12 Tony.

Tony.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 September 2013 - 00:26

We still seriously throwing the word 'Retina' around?

#13 Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

Shine bright like Iron Man.

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 26 September 2013 - 00:45

We still seriously throwing the word 'Retina' around?

Actually, yes, as a designer, there's a difference in how icons are designed to suit @2x.

#14 Gaara sama

Gaara sama

Neowinian

Posted 26 September 2013 - 00:56

can't stand io7 look for girls 

#15 +virtorio

virtorio

4089 III

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:01

I thought it looked like a toy before. I like most of the UI changes, but I hate the new icons.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!