12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello

Is it possible to add a client PC to a Active Directory over the internet? I believe the AD is 2003.

Thank you

Posted

I could be wrong, but not without a VPN I can't see it being possible, you could try using something free like Hamachi

Posted

But the AD server would also have to be part of the VPN.....Thats the "problem" I have.

Posted

If you are using something like Hamachi yes, but if the company had their own VPN system that would act as a VPN into the network rather than to a machine that would work.

Posted

You would need vpn. Auth would have to be standalone not ad radius

Correction to this, after taking a sip of my coffee this is wrong. You can have radius you can have cert based auth. To early in morning for me. Wish I could strike through on phone.

Posted

The AD Server doesnt nee to be PART of the VPN like you say. You have a VPN TO Your AD servers.

Posted

To clear this up the vpn needs to see the network ad is on. But that is the whole point of the vpn...so you can connect to your private network using the internet

Posted

This there a way to establish a OpenVPN connection before the Windows 7 logon screen appears? I was able to VPN and make a PC join a domain but when I restarted it said there werent any authenticifation servers avaliable....

Posted

The first line states it wasn't tested on Vista. "Not tested" and "doesn't work for" are not the same. There may be some modification for it to work.

Read post #7 in that link.

Posted

Setup Server 2012 DirectAccess, and then do offline domain join.

1 person likes this