Jimmy Kimmel Skit Severely Angers Kanye West

Dude, you've got a hard-on for him. We get it.

But the guy is a loser. Those 'achievements' you mention don't mean crap. You could get a hamster to do any of that. And being invited to 'curate' some art exhibits is done for publicity. Just shows how friggin shallow the world is. It would be easy to name heaps of other losers even more famous. Like Kardashian.

Dude, you've love to thrash other's effort. I get it.

I look forward for your hard work in the fashion, design, art and music industry. Because, since a hamster can do those then you surely can do it even better than a hamster.

My stance here is that people is ridiculously shallow judging someone from a moral stance and not from the merits of his works. It's shallowness when you refuse to acknowledge the hard work of someone just because it's "not your taste".

The people who've known me here for years will know I used to LOATHE rap, maybe more than anyone. Yet I'm here, fruitlessly defending Kanye's work.

Fame has nothing to do with this argument.

But you all right, this is useless. I appreciate theyarecomingforyou for a good conversation. Just to clarify, Kanye's not listed on her albums because the project was to present her as an original composer. It's a common strategy in music. Someone else produces and writes an album but the copyright is registered using other's name. From Courtney Love, to Marilyn Manson, to Beyonce, everyone does that.

Peace people, I'm out.

Just to clarify, Kanye's not listed on her albums because the project was to present her as an original composer. It's a common strategy in music. Someone else produces and writes an album but the copyright is registered using other's name. From Courtney Love, to Marilyn Manson, to Beyonce, everyone does that.

Do you have any evidence for that? Because it strikes me as bizarre that Lady Gaga, who played piano from the age of four and attended a major performing arts university, is really a front for Kanye West, a college dropout with no musical background (only rapping). What you're saying flies in the face of common sense. Same with the claim about Alexander McQueen, who was actually a fashion designer - something you neglected to address. I get that you like Kayne West, and I can respect that, but what you're saying just doesn't make any sense. 

I honestly can't tell whether you're misinformed, delusional or malicious in your assertions but I certainly can't find any evidence to support your outrageous claims.

Do you have any evidence for that? Because it strikes me as bizarre that Lady Gaga, who played piano from the age of four and attended a major performing arts university, is really a front for Kanye West, a college dropout with no musical background (only rapping). What you're saying flies in the face of common sense. Same with the claim about Alexander McQueen, who was actually a fashion designer - something you neglected to address. I get that you like Kayne West, and I can respect that, but what you're saying just doesn't make any sense. 

I honestly can't tell whether you're misinformed, delusional or malicious in your assertions but I certainly can't find any evidence to support your outrageous claims.

McQueen was Lady Gaga shaper, this has been known for ages and actually designed her most outrageous outfits. A producer is not someone who only mix your music in a console, but also who shapes you into a musician (both the player and the public persona). It's no coincidence that once McQueen died Gaga started to repeat herself and decline.

The same happened with West. They told her exactly how to act, how to behave and her music style. I know about Bergamotta's musical past, I'm not talking anything from her, but it is ridiculous to think that a college dropout cant become a music connoisseur (After all he IS one of the best producers in business). Of course there is no hard evidence about the West-Gaga connection (Meaning, contracts, scans, etc). Just as there are no hard evidence anywhere that contradicts the authorship of several artists that are not actually authors. Just an example, if not for Reznor's declarations after his split up with Manson we would have ever knew that antchrist Superstar was written almost enterely by Reznor. No such contracts are written because if those leak you lose all credibility, not as an artists, but as a company's product.

However there are indeed clues of West involvement on Gaga's music, at least on her most successful album, Fame Monster.

First, West had direct access to master samples of Gaga's hits that he used while producing Kid Cudi's Man on the Moon 2 and several Jay Z tracks. Nobody can access master samples unless he's involved directly with the production of such album (or by buying the samples rights, but those contracts are easily available to the public, however no such contract exist).

Second, the cancelled Fame Kills tour that Gaga and West have planned. Both Fame Monster and 808's & Heartbreak were produced AT THE SAME TIME and by THE SAME TEAM. And, according to Gaga herself, made to intertwine musically on a live tour.

Three, an interview clip of West on Jools Holland (Or it was someone else? I dont remember) where he says something along the lines "..yeah, I was working with Stephanie on the final bits of her monster at the time...". The clip was pulled off. However I know is still on youtube since I just saw it months ago.

So, yeah, take it as you like it, I cant present you with documents, but these indicatives are clear to me since I used to work on a Sony's subsidiary years a go, many years ago. We knew who where really writing their stuff and who weren't.

I truly think Kanye West is a genius. However he gotta learn to control his emotions. Not easy task for someone who -I suspect- is maniac depressive.

The word genius is over-used for sportsmen, and people in entertainment. Evidence suggests he's far from a genius, just another rapper with a narcissistic personality and a massive chip on his shoulder.

The word genius is over-used for sportsmen, and people in entertainment. Evidence suggests he's far from a genius, just another rapper with a narcissistic personality and a massive chip on his shoulder.

That, Sir, is something we can 100% agree on. I have no use for him, and as soon as Kim K. is done with him neither will most other people.

Look, I do not wish to change your views, I've presented my case in the best way I can. Now the only thing left is to respect your opinion and to hope that someday you check out all the work he does beyond music :)

McQueen was Lady Gaga shaper, this has been known for ages and actually designed her most outrageous outfits. A producer is not someone who only mix your music in a console, but also who shapes you into a musician (both the player and the public persona). It's no coincidence that once McQueen died Gaga started to repeat herself and decline.

This is ridiculous. You stated that her music was "produced and written by both Kanye West and Alexander McQueen", yet now you're claiming something different entirely. Further, I consider her best music to be from the album Born This Way which was released well after his death. And if her decline started after the death of McQueen then surely it's he who was the genius and not Kayne West?  :|

However there are indeed clues of West involvement on Gaga's music, at least on her most successful album, Fame Monster.

First, West had direct access to master samples of Gaga's hits that he used while producing Kid Cudi's Man on the Moon 2 and several Jay Z tracks. Nobody can access master samples unless he's involved directly with the production of such album (or by buying the samples rights, but those contracts are easily available to the public, however no such contract exist).

Second, the cancelled Fame Kills tour that Gaga and West have planned. Both Fame Monster and 808's & Heartbreak were produced AT THE SAME TIME and by THE SAME TEAM. And, according to Gaga herself, made to intertwine musically on a live tour.

Three, an interview clip of West on Jools Holland (Or it was someone else? I dont remember) where he says something along the lines "..yeah, I was working with Stephanie on the final bits of her monster at the time...". The clip was pulled off. However I know is still on youtube since I just saw it months ago.

Oh great, an elaborate conspiracy. Not interested. I asked for evidence, not conjecture.

I generally consider you a reasonable person but your adoration of Kayne West has compromised any semblance of objectivity, with your confirmation bias creating absurd conclusions from evidence that simply doesn't support what you're claiming. You have only undermined your original point and destroyed your credibility on the matter.

This is ridiculous. You stated that her music was "produced and written by both Kanye West and Alexander McQueen", yet now you're claiming something different entirely. Further, I consider her best music to be from the album Born This Way which was released well after his death. And if her decline started after the death of McQueen then surely it's he who was the genius and not Kayne West?  :|

I know. I accept i included both West and McQueen as writters and producers and this was a mistake. West was the producer/writter, McQueen was the producer/visual manager. The thing is that the Fame Kills tour was cancelled because West and Gaga had a fallout. Hence the decline, at least by the critics, in Born this Way. BTW, I still respect that album.

And yes, I truly admire West and believe me, I'm trying to articulate my stance as objectively and unbiased as possible. It's obvious that I am failing to make my point across but please, give me the benefit of the doubt, not on my while "conspiration theory" but on the following fact: There will never be hard proof of an artists not being the author of his/her stuff. Not if the producing company wants to sell such artists as an original composer.

So, yeah, I cant give you the proof you want and I admit that.

@sanctified

I can't find anything about Kanye being selected as a curator at the Venice Biennale.  Was that for this year or for 2015?

And yes, I truly admire West and believe me, I'm trying to articulate my stance as objectively and unbiased as possible. It's obvious that I am failing to make my point across but please, give me the benefit of the doubt, not on my while "conspiration theory" but on the following fact: There will never be hard proof of an artists not being the author of his/her stuff. Not if the producing company wants to sell such artists as an original composer.

The problem I have is that your claims are far too speculative and unprovable. The burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that Lady Gaga is not a legitimate artist and that Kayne West was responsible for her success, which is something you haven't been able to do.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, yet your evidence was a YouTube video that is no longer available (which doesn't even support your claim), a cancelled tour (which was cancelled because of West's infamous interruption of Taylor Swift) and that West worked on a song that sampled Lady Gaga's Poker Face (Kanye actually said he was inspired by Lady Gaga). It strikes me as a classic case of confirmation bias

Whatever our differences I'm glad we could discuss this maturely, so I respect that. I don't dismiss the possibility that you're right but you have not proven your point and I consider it highly unlikely that you can.

@sanctified

I can't find anything about Kanye being selected as a curator at the Venice Biennale.  Was that for this year or for 2015?

Neither can I. The only thing I have found is a petition for him to curate it, which is something entirely different. Anyone can put up a petition. This is yet another claim that has turned out to be completely bogus.

@sanctified

2015. Let me find you the article from La_Bienale twitter account.

The burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that Lady Gaga is not a legitimate artist

No no no, don't misunderstand me. She is extremely talented. As Stephanie Germanotta she is a very skilled musician, I even said that (I think). The thing is that Lady Gaga, the persona, is a produced product. Beyond that I cant debate more because I lack the hard proof your rightly require.

Neither can I. The only thing I have found is a petition for him to curate it, which is something entirely different. Anyone can put up a petition. This is yet another claim that has turned out to be completely bogus.

But that article is a prank, isnt it? I mean, biennanye? hahaha

But wait, let me look for the announcement. I just saw it yesterday.

I truly think Kanye West is a genius. However he gotta learn to control his emotions. Not easy task for someone who -I suspect- is maniac depressive.

I'm not 100% sure you know what the word genius means.

I'm not 100% sure you know what the word genius means.

I'm wildly irregular. I consider geniuses people like Lacan, Lyotard, Stephen Shore, Ian Curtis, Michel Houllebeq, Bukowski, Woody Allen, Tarkovski, Aronofski, Kubrick and then... yes, Kanye West.

But that article is a prank, isnt it? I mean, biennanye? hahaha

But wait, let me look for the announcement. I just saw it yesterday.

Still awaiting that article link...

Its been 5 days now and I'm about to completely call confirmation bias along with theyarecomingforyou.

• 3 weeks later...

I dislike him as a person intensely. He has a massively inflated opinion of himself, and yet often expresses himself like an immature idiot.

HOWEVER - whether you like or dislike him, his opinions, his music... He cannot be accused of "following".

See here's the thing. People whine about rap/hip-hop being formulaic (the chart ###### is). He is not formulaic, and manages to get that into the charts.

If he could shut his mouth, lose the black chip on his shoulder and stop trying to live up to the ridiculously transparent over-compensating, then I would call him something on the road to genius.

(Part 1 of 3)

Check this out. I now officially think this guy is just an egomaniac with very, very mediocre talents (other than his production and rapping to some extent) and that the entire "problem" he has is that his mediocrity clashes with his perception of himself, and then when a third party says no (like Nike in this case), he tries to create an image of being something of a 21st century martyr and some sort of neo-slave. I mean seriously, if you can make it through the interview, and if you really look at what he's saying (in a really inarticulate way that borders on moronic) is that he feels marginalized because in his mind he deserves to be on the top, and accepted into some bull**** "higher circle" no sane person would even care about.

Just listen to him talk about Air Yeezy's, the only, and that's pretty much a fact, THE ONLY reason those sold in the first place was just because of his name being associated with it, and he can't accept the fact that maybe the people at Nike just don't think he's good enough to continue collaborating with. Basically, he's rebelling against the fact that he's not one of the people who we should be rebelling against in the first place. If you can decipher his poorly thought out wording, he's saying consumerism is bad because you're not consuming his goods. AWFUL. He's a spoiled brat who thinks he's so important everyone should listen to him, and when he hits a wall, he throws a hissy fit. He's not contributing to the betterment of the world in any significant way, he's actually doing the opposite by enforcing the idea that materialism is important since he's trying so hard to be a part of that world. I mean, who gives a **** if a kid stabs another kid over Air Jordans or Air Yeezys, at the end of the day that sort of mentality is what we should be fighting against anyway.

Meanwhile, there are people with actual problems out there. And as Nik Louch pointed out, he's been blessed with the opportunity to have total creative freedom in his music, which is something most popular artists rarely, if ever, get to enjoy, but that's not enough.

He's basically the spitting image of the 99% movement and everything that's wrong with it.

That Charlemagne guy was fantastic with his questions and he brings out some totally interesting points, but Kanye either goes off on a tangent or simply can't form a proper sentence.

^ Spot. On. I can't say anything else.

Wait so is the video private now? Jimmy Kimmel caved? A real comedian schticks up for his humor.