• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 D!ABOL!C

D!ABOL!C

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: HTC One (M8) Android 4.4.3

Posted 27 September 2013 - 15:06

So I think I am ready to upgrade my current phone, Motorola Droid X.

I'm open to whatever, Android, Iphone, Windows Phone but the caveat is, I will have to pay the full subsidized price for the phone. The reason is I still have my unlimited plan which I definitely want to keep.

I am very leery of paying $700 or more for a phone, but if I want to keep my unlimited data that's my only option.

So basically I'm looking at recommendations based on the full price and value. I'm almost attempted to say ###### it and get an Iphone 5S but i'm open to opinions. Although, One thing I am interested in is a phone with a decent camera. Thank you all, I look forward to your responses!

#2 sc302

sc302

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 35

Posted 27 September 2013 - 15:09

the new iphones just came out, wait a little longer and the note 3 will be out, otherwise the htc one is supposedly a good phone. 

#3 x-scratch

x-scratch

Whaaaaaaaat

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Iphone 5S

Posted 27 September 2013 - 15:21

you could always go with the edge program. you keep what plan you are on but only pay a small fee,

the iphone 5s is on a waiting list to get 

#4 Gary2MBz

Gary2MBz

Sneakier than your worst nightmare.

• Phone: AT&T iPhone 6+ 64GB - Space Gray

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:37

I just toyed with the Camera on my mom's iPhone 5s and honestly they bundled the SloPro app I desperately love into the native app and at 120fps video recording too, I see my 5 as a second citizen afterwards. :/

The HTC One looks and FEELS like a top notch device! If it wasn't an iPhone 5s, I would recommend the HTC One in red or gold! (Are these GSM Only?)

Samsung should take a hint and stick to polycarbonate for plastic or go aluminum. Be the next big thing and even go for Kevlar like the Motorola Droid Ultra, it feels like a hunk of crap next to an iPhone 5c even!

#5 Jeston

Jeston

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:41

There are ways to upgrade and keep your unlimited plan, just takes a little more effort. Take a look here and read through the different options :)

#6 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 22
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:33

Since you already have a droid x why not try out the new droids at the store? Did you? I always buy my phones full price too but GSM only so our options are a bit different. Maybe the LG G2?

#7 OP D!ABOL!C

D!ABOL!C

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: HTC One (M8) Android 4.4.3

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:43

There are ways to upgrade and keep your unlimited plan, just takes a little more effort. Take a look here and read through the different options :)

I'll take a look. Thanks.

Since you already have a droid x why not try out the new droids at the store? Did you? I always buy my phones full price too but GSM only so our options are a bit different. Maybe the LG G2?

I haven't really played with any of the new devices. My knowledge is just what I have read online. My mom is actually wanting a smartphone (scary thought) so I'll take a look while she is getting hers.

I'm pretty much torn between the HTC One or the Iphone. I'm just kind of weary of spending $700 or so on a phone.

#8 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:46

The lumia 822 is $299 at amazon off contract.

#9 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:48

i have the Droid Maxx. i cant find a single thing wrong with it... really, not a damn thing. Also, the battery life is better than what Motorola claimed. i can easily get 60hrs out of it with moderate use. it's $650 MSRP.