9 posts in this topic

Posted

So I think I am ready to upgrade my current phone, Motorola Droid X.

I'm open to whatever, Android, Iphone, Windows Phone but the caveat is, I will have to pay the full subsidized price for the phone. The reason is I still have my unlimited plan which I definitely want to keep.

I am very leery of paying $700 or more for a phone, but if I want to keep my unlimited data that's my only option.

So basically I'm looking at recommendations based on the full price and value. I'm almost attempted to say ###### it and get an Iphone 5S but i'm open to opinions. Although, One thing I am interested in is a phone with a decent camera. Thank you all, I look forward to your responses!

Posted

the new iphones just came out, wait a little longer and the note 3 will be out, otherwise the htc one is supposedly a good phone. 

Posted

you could always go with the edge program. you keep what plan you are on but only pay a small fee,

the iphone 5s is on a waiting list to get 

Posted

I just toyed with the Camera on my mom's iPhone 5s and honestly they bundled the SloPro app I desperately love into the native app and at 120fps video recording too, I see my 5 as a second citizen afterwards. :/

The HTC One looks and FEELS like a top notch device! If it wasn't an iPhone 5s, I would recommend the HTC One in red or gold! (Are these GSM Only?)

Samsung should take a hint and stick to polycarbonate for plastic or go aluminum. Be the next big thing and even go for Kevlar like the Motorola Droid Ultra, it feels like a hunk of crap next to an iPhone 5c even!

Posted

There are ways to upgrade and keep your unlimited plan, just takes a little more effort. Take a look here and read through the different options :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Since you already have a droid x why not try out the new droids at the store? Did you? I always buy my phones full price too but GSM only so our options are a bit different. Maybe the LG G2?

Posted

There are ways to upgrade and keep your unlimited plan, just takes a little more effort. Take a look here and read through the different options :)

I'll take a look. Thanks.

Since you already have a droid x why not try out the new droids at the store? Did you? I always buy my phones full price too but GSM only so our options are a bit different. Maybe the LG G2?

I haven't really played with any of the new devices. My knowledge is just what I have read online. My mom is actually wanting a smartphone (scary thought) so I'll take a look while she is getting hers.

I'm pretty much torn between the HTC One or the Iphone. I'm just kind of weary of spending $700 or so on a phone.

Posted

The lumia 822 is $299 at amazon off contract.

Posted

i have the Droid Maxx. i cant find a single thing wrong with it... really, not a damn thing. Also, the battery life is better than what Motorola claimed. i can easily get 60hrs out of it with moderate use. it's $650 MSRP.