pennsylvania first amendment freedom of speech george meade

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:02

Maybe they just want to honor their southern brethren.

I am Southern, born and bred, and to me the KKK is a mockery of everything Southern. Yes, it is a part of history but some parts of history are to be remembered so we don't repeat the sins of the past, not to be celebrated. And btw, not every Southern person owned slaves back in the day. It was the wealthy that did so. The poor white people wasn't any better off than the slaves. 

#32 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,433 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:16

What do you mean even the ACLU? This is something the ACLU would be expected to defend.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=aclu+defends+kkk

#33 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,258 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:55

the whole lmgtfy thing isn't as funny or clever as people think it is.

Anyway, I was making the point the ACLU would defend the KKK in a matter like this. ACLU defends free speech regardless of who is expressing it.

#34 illage3

illage3

Apprentice Game Designer

• 504 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:38

Oh god, I'd hate to go there as a British person they would hate me, but yes they do have a right to their opinion, I just wonder how many non-Americans they'll be shooting.

#35 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,433 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:19

Oh god, I'd hate to go there as a British person they would hate me, but yes they do have a right to their opinion, I just wonder how many non-Americans they'll be shooting.

kkk is harmless anymore. last i heard out of them is that one group of kkk protested another for being too bigoted. black people kill more of themselves in 6 months and than the klan did in it's whole history.

#36 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,258 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 14:33

I just wonder how many non-Americans they'll be shooting.

:s  :s  :s

#37 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 15:31

I just wonder how many non-Americans they'll be shooting.

None hopefully. If they do something like that no one would ever issue them another permit to march again.

#38 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,564 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:36

Latest estimates put their official national numbers at about 3-5,000, but I'd say closer to 100,000 when you consider cross-pollination with the neo-NAZI's. They do tend to cluster though.

I remember years ago my then college g/f and I getting invited to a wedding in a very small village some distance north of Ann Arbor MI (we were students at the U of M.) When we arrived we turned right around and split - it was a Klan wedding and everyone was dressed up in Klan garb. Uh-no.

#39 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,286 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:39

They have very colorful robes, so sleek and shiny  :|

adCxUVH.jpg

#40 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 2,715 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:53

i didn't know that the KKK was still active. :laugh:

#41 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,258 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:37

They have very colorful robes, so sleek and shiny  :|

adCxUVH.jpg

Bigot pajama party

#42 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 15:52

If they were real men they would show their faces. 

#43 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,810 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 01 October 2013 - 16:01

I am Southern, born and bred, and to me the KKK is a mockery of everything Southern. Yes, it is a part of history but some parts of history are to be remembered so we don't repeat the sins of the past, not to be celebrated. And btw, not every Southern person owned slaves back in the day. It was the wealthy that did so. The poor white people wasn't any better off than the slaves. 

Interesting and true. Post-reconstruction, as we moved more towards a class-based society, the poor became the most vehement racists. Definitely and interesting sociological study. Way too deep for Neowin, but interesting.

On this subject in general, I think it best to give these types some form of outlet that doesn't necessarily harm others, and allows the civilized to know where they are and what they are thinking. Would you rather have them invisible, conspiring violence in hate incognito? Best to let them exercise their rights within the law.

#44 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 16:37

Would you rather have them invisible, conspiring violence in hate incognito? Best to let them exercise their rights within the law.

I think we can allow them to exercise their rights without giving them national exposure. I don't believe the federal government should allow them to march on any federal property, same as with any other group. There is a whole nation of little backwater towns they can exercise their rights in.

#45 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 16:43

I think we can allow them to exercise their rights without giving them national exposure. I don't believe the federal government should allow them to march on any federal property, same as with any other group. There is a whole nation of little backwater towns they can exercise their rights in.

Federal property is public land and the right to assemble there is protected by the First Amendment.