Minecraft caused a kid to bring a gun to school? Riiiiight

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

• 1,278 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 19:30

Those parents need to buy some hero games for their kids.  They would be out there saving people .... :D

#17 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,308 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 14:39

If I were his Dad I'd get him playing Forza Motorsport so he can become a famous Racing Driver, or get him building on Kerbal so he will become a Rocket Engineer.

You mean a crazy 17 year old that gets into a car crash street racing and kills 5 people including himself.

#18 SuperKid

SuperKid

Im no superman

• 2,513 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 01 October 2013 - 14:45

As soon as one of those kids starts playing minesweeper, or even worse, solitaire, we'll all be doomed, doomed I say!

Yeah, you will hear soon Minesweeper made a kid bring in an actual live mine! :o!

#19 exotoxic

exotoxic

Neowinian Senior

• 2,132 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 14:49

None of those things are in vanilla :/

#20 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 15:12

Sounds like some parent needs to get back to parenting and teach their kids the difference between a game and the real world.

#21 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,841 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 01 October 2013 - 17:35

You mean a crazy 17 year old that gets into a car crash street racing and kills 5 people including himself.

So I won't buy him Need for Speed. Forza is track racing   :rofl:

#22 webeagle12

webeagle12

Neowinian Senior

• 7,219 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 17:40

Isn't the zombie invasion still going on in Florida though? 

Yes, we call them bath salts

#23 Zidane

Zidane

Spoutcraft Lead

• 160 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 01 October 2013 - 17:43

Minecraft has tools to harvest blocks.

Unless he is playing a particular version Mojang gave him, Minecraft has no guns.

Nice try Dad, how about you parent your kid better (well not for a while, this kid is going away for a while as he should).

#24 soldier1st

soldier1st

Software Tester/Tech/Linux Lover

• 5,288 posts
  • Phone: HTC Incredible S

Posted 01 October 2013 - 17:58

Stupid kid. The parents aren't any better. A game is a game, a form of entertainment, nothing more. If the kid can't separate a game from reality, then he should not be playing games. Consequences must be applied to deter others from being dumb.

#25 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,029 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 22:07

Ok, ok, ok.  I think we all know how absurd this is.  The kid just trying to save face by passing blame onto...something.  Terrible choice of something, but it seemed to convince his Dad of it so he got somewhat off the hook punishment wise I bet.

Officials at Endeavor Elementary School on Balcombe Road said the 9-year-old boy told three friends before school that he had the weapons. Those three reported the information to a school resource officer, who found the student and isolated him from others in the school.

Thank God those kids reported him.  If anything were to happen and those friends he told didn't step up and do something... don't even want to imagine.  They did the right thing.

#26 Xerino

Xerino

The Mouth

• 2,560 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 22:23

The least that kid could've done was blame Grand Theft Auto, or maybe Resident Evil since he made mention of zombies.

#27 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,498 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 22:27

Isn't the zombie invasion still going on in Florida though? 

Evidently so.  But the rest of us refer to them as "bad parents". 

#28 Marcos_Edson

Marcos_Edson

Neowinian

• 121 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 22:46

I thought he might actually be playing Guncraft...

#29 +dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 9,998 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 02 October 2013 - 22:55

As soon as one of those kids starts playing minesweeper, or even worse, solitaire, we'll all be doomed, doomed I say!

You mean that game about finding explosives, to which if you are wrong, you are horribly dismembered in a brutal death, as evidenced by the X eyes smiley face?

Also, I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but Solitaire's ending is rather violent, as even when you finally WIN the match, you set off a bombardment of cards which aim to cut you down, in attempt at vengence for segregating their happy colony of card people.

(yes, my imagination runs a bit wild)

#30 Garnet H.

Garnet H.

astropheed

• 1,604 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 23:09

Ah, the good ol' age of 'it's everyone's fault except mine'. How can you even attempt to blame Minecraft? There aren't even any damn guns in the game, at least I've never seen any (and I play that game a bit too much). If anything Minecraft encourages creativity and is good for kids at that age.

I just felt like writing this out... I do this a lot, but usually just remove it.... but instead I left it for your viewing pleasure:

"I don't get it, why would my child do something so stupid? It must be those Video Games because I'm perfect. I'm so perfect it can't be me. God, I'm such a good parent. I should get a reward.... My Child is obviously just impressionable by those gosh darned Video Games. Yeah, that's it! Which one does he play the most again? I can't really remember because I don't know what that kid is up to most of the time... Not because I'm a bad parent, I'm a good parent. I should get a mug about how good of a parent I am... Oh, I remember that blocky game I saw him play once... What was that? craft something mind craft?? hmm... Minecraft! That's it! I bet it has guns and violence and stuff. Well I'm going to put a stop to that!"

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!