The Could-Have, Would-Have & Should-Have thread!

Many times in your lives you decide not to do something or do something which turns out to be a bad decision or a life saver later on. Then you think I could have done this or I should have done that or I would have done it etc. 

Post your Could-Have or Would-Have or Should-Have's in this thread. 

e.g. -

You did something 10 years ago, but even today you regret your decision or actions. You could have prevented it, if you wanted.

or

If you would have gone to theater, you could have been one of gunshot victims :p

I'll start with mine:

I could have studied harder in my 1st and 2nd quiz but now I can only expect B+ in Final unless I score 100% in quiz 3 :p

I could have gotten my CCNA back in 2003 but the school shafted the IT academy and nobody was allowed access to the routers or software :(

I should have married my childhood sweetheart, who I still consider my soul mate. We broke up over something silly and we've never seen each other again in the years since. 

I try to not dwell on these things.  Wherever I am in my life is exactly where I am meant to be there and then.  Other decisions would take me elsewhere, but then I'd not be me.  Maybe that splinter version would be in the right place for them in their situation too.

I should have married my childhood sweetheart, who I still consider my soul mate. We broke up over something silly and we've never seen each other again in the years since.

Mate, that's heartbreaking, and I used to think the same.  Then I met someone who 150% blew away that level of "soulmate".  Feel for you buddy, and actually got a bit emo over it.

I should have studied something more suited to my real talents than what I thought were my talents. I wouldn't be working as IT monkey then.

• Like 2

I should have fought to stay in the house I was in back in January after getting a very illegal handwritten 30 day notice, if I had, I wouldve been able to save up enough money, and not be sleeping in our 1996 Plymouth Neon with my wife...

I... whatever. I could be everything so I would have everything but then I would have to do everything. I don't want to live in this planet anymore.