SUV Runs over biker in NYC

^

This.

Where did I say come out of the car? They only attacked him in the car because he ran over them, you do understand that right? Stay in the car and call the cops. But running over one biker means you will be chased and beat down by others.

What you all are trying to say is the bikers like attacked him in his car for no reason. If he ran over my bike he would be lucky to still be alive.

You are missing the first part.  The very first guy who gets hit, I think that was accidental, the driver then stops... 30 secs or so goes by and he realizes he is surrounded by 50+ bikers.. then he purposely hits the bikers to get passed them.

I dont think he was trying to kill them either.  He just wanted to get the heck outta Dodge at that moment.  Obviously a poor decision but paternal instincts are going to kick in at some point.

I dunno, I think you guys are letting emotion cloud your judgement a little. A guy in one of those huge land-yacht SUVs has a huge advantage over guys on bikes. Any of those guys could have died from him slamming into them. I realllllly want to know what provoked it. No telling what happened before the camera started rolling here.

(I didn't get to thoroughly study the video as I'm at work... but there's a lot of things we don't know here and I hesitate to judge either way.)

Yeah but what's your opinion on how the whole incident started? (serious question) :)

There are different versions out there for that. Don't know what to believe but that doesn't justify putting more lives at stake in my eyes. Just a little bumper scratch (either side, don't really matter) means you can run someone over? In the start of the video you can see one guy standing up from his bike and walking towards the car. It was calm, no one tried to smash anything in or they went all nuclear on the SUV.

I don't know how American gun laws work but over here when someone tries to run you over while you're on your bike is enough reason to open fire. So that he got beat up is just an easy way out. The bikers didn't touch his kid or wife did they now? Oh and please do try to tell me that none of them carried any guns at that point so they couldn't have done it. They could, easily but they didn't. Either they knew there was a kid in the car or just thought a beat is enough for him. (last two are just my speculations)

The bikers were being *******s.. Yes, he ended up tailgating them, but they needed to get the **** out of the way.. They were blocking all the lanes..  I don't condone what happened, but I don't blame the guy.. If you act like a jackass, don't be mad when someone doesn't want to put up with your ****. 

While you should ALWAYS be cautious about bikers, THEY SHOULD ALSO use cation.. Bikers down here act like jackasses and act like they don't know why we don't bow down to them

From reading the leaked info on the police report, the guy in front of him brake checked the SUV and the SUV tail ended him.

Looked pretty minor. The SUV came to a stop but a couple of the bikers started to kick panels and grab at door handles. The SUV subsequently high tails it out of there hitting more bikers in the process.

Then the rest of the chase is pretty apparent.

I think that, as per normal, 90% of the bikers were doing the right thing and the 10% caused the entire ****ing thing. A couple of guys start acting like ****wits, the SUV driver over reacts and it all goes to hell.

Regarding whether the SUV had a real reason to run (talking about mechanics not motivation here), the last 5 seconds of the video ought answer that.. They had no issues beating their way into the car.

Apparently the guy was pretty badly beaten after this. Haven't got much sympathy for the driver. He ######ed up pretty bad, but his reaction wasn't completely unreasonable. You can understand the guy being concerned for his family, and some of the bikers were being provocative. I just think if anyone was stupid enough to start something with him, the other 30 bikers would have stepped in on his behalf.. Or maybe not?

• Like 3

I guess you never had family..

Nope, I don't have kids, true. But I also have enough commons sense not to **** with bikers, even more when there's that many of them. You WILL NEVER out run them in an SUV and when they do catch you, you know what's going to happen. Be glad the wife and the kid are still okay.

If I know anything about bikers is that they don't really wait for cops and they will take justice into their own hands. (At least when they have these kind of reunions)

I'm not saying the SUV driver is 100% at fault here but he also didn't make rational choices even when thinking about the kid, it could have ended a lot worse for all of them if it was another biker group. Go ahead and try that with some of the 1% and you will be burned alive in that SUV, yeah way to go to think about your kid.

If it was me in the SUV, Idk I think someone might of got shot that day. In the beginning of the video they were boxing the guy in and the one biker pretty much invited an accident by  stopping in front of him. To me thats inciting an incident. And then when they all starting coming for him in the beginning.. Yeah i'm pretty sure someone would of got shot that day if it were me.

• Like 2

Nope, I don't have kids, true. But I also have enough commons sense not to **** with bikers, even more when there's that many of them. You WILL NEVER out run them in an SUV and when they do catch you, you know what's going to happen. Be glad the wife and the kid are still okay.

The guy brake check SUV driver causing driver to hit him, that when other bikers got ###### off. SUV driver would get beat up even first time after he hit a biker who started all this at first place. What SUV driver could done is call police asap and stay on a highway, don't take an exit until NYPD is behind you.

The guy brake check SUV driver causing driver to hit him, that when other bikers got ****ed off. SUV driver would get beat up even first time after he hit a biker who started all this at first place. What SUV driver could done is call police asap and stay on a highway, don't take an exit until NYPD is behind you.

I don't think that's right.

Most of the anger comes from when he high tails it out of there. People always get ###### off if you run from an accident. That's stock standard.

The guy brake check SUV driver causing driver to hit him, that when other bikers got ****ed off. SUV driver would get beat up even first time after he hit a biker who started all this at first place. What SUV driver could done is call police asap and stay on a highway, don't take an exit until NYPD is behind you.

Same could be said for the bikers if they thought they were in the right but instead they tried to take justice into their own hands. However I do think the bikers are more at fault than the SUV driver.

He ****ed up pretty bad, but his reaction wasn't completely unreasonable. You can understand the guy being concerned for his family, and some of the bikers were being provocative. I just think if anyone was stupid enough to start something with him, the other 30 bikers would have stepped in on his behalf.. Or maybe not?

Not really.. Biker groups can be like gangs.. As in, pull your ass out and beat you to death. If some bikers were being *******s to be and brake checked me, and I slightly bumped into him.. I would see if they were ok, however if they starting kicking my car and a large group were coming at me, **** them, i'm protecting myself.. they showed violent acts and I would protect myself and family. 

From what I've seen, it was a biker who provoked the accident in the first place. We don't know if there had been any commotion between them before that. So, I'll side with the SUV driver.

From what I've seen, it was a biker who provoked the accident in the first place. We don't know if there had been any commotion between them before that. So, I'll side with the SUV driver.

If there was anything.. it involved the bikers im sure.  The guy recording stopped the video just in time to avoid the assault being caught on camera, seems he wanted to put them in the best light as possible.

If there was anything.. it involved the bikers im sure.  The guy recording stopped the video just in time to avoid the assault being caught on camera, seems he wanted to put them in the best light as possible.

No, he just as likely didn't want to show a guy getting beaten. The poster was Australian and posted from Melbourne. He was already well and truly out of it by the time he posted it.

Confirmation bias right there buddy.

^

This.

Where did I say come out of the car? They only attacked him in the car because he ran over them, you do understand that right? Stay in the car and call the cops. But running over one biker means you will be chased and beat down by others.

What you all are trying to say is the bikers like attacked him in his car for no reason. If he ran over my bike he would be lucky to still be alive.

He wouldn't have had much choice if they decided to bust in his window..  Some were getting off their bikes before the first time he ran over them.

A thin piece of glass won't protect you in those cases.

You don't know if they wouldn't have attacked him had he not run over the bikes and tried to get out of there.  Neither did he.  Instinct kicked in and he did what he could to get out of there. 

If I know anything about bikers is that they don't really wait for cops and they will take justice into their own hands. (At least when they have these kind of reunions)

I'm not saying the SUV driver is 100% at fault here but he also didn't make rational choices even when thinking about the kid, it could have ended a lot worse for all of them if it was another biker group. Go ahead and try that with some of the 1% and you will be burned alive in that SUV, yeah way to go to think about your kid.

That was the problem from the beginning and why this turned out the way it did.

They started that crap right from the brake check causing the accident.

From what I've read online, the bikers are known in the area to behaving like ######, to even the extent of closing off roads with their bikes. Police don't do anything because well bikes are faster and there's so many of them - but wether this is true I can't really comment on. In the same given situation, I would of done the same. If I also came upto traffic and they starting attacking my car, I would of put it in reverse and used that Range Rover as a weapon to any extent.

If you think you're above the law, I will also contribute to thinking the same. Stopping a car on a busy road should get your licence taken off you.

mad-max-the-blower-o.gifmad-max-bikers-get-it-o.gif

• Like 3

If there was anything.. it involved the bikers im sure.  

Of course, it is possible that a biker was driving alone, minding his own business, and then all of a sudden, he got cut off by a huge SUV whose driver didn't bother to check his mirrors and blind spots. Naturally, the biker called his buddies up for help, hypothetically speaking.

I don't think that's right.

Most of the anger comes from when he high tails it out of there. People always get ****ed off if you run from an accident. That's stock standard.

Did you even see the video? When the first hit took place, which was purposely done by the biker, the SUV stopped. The bikers started hitting the car, and that was the point the guy in RR decided to flee.

It maybe that you are a hardcore biker and do not want to face the facts, or just don't want to change your opinion just for the heck of it.

1. The bike that was hit was on the left side of the RR when the video starts, which looks like he was probably intimidating the guy in RR.
  2. The bike then races to the front and brake-checks. Anyone with half a brain knows that a car will take longer to stop than a bike. Going at XX/kmph the bikes races to the front and brake-check the RR with a space of a few feet, what do you think would have happened?
  3. As can be seen in the video, the RR then stops. According to the police report the bikers then start hitting the RR doors and panels, with more bikers coming his way. The guy was with family, heck even if he was alone, he was justified by the flight response.

The fault lies 100% with the bikers, they were being di$% from the start.