SUV Runs over biker in NYC

I have to disagree here. A biker (drugs or not), does something reckless, and almost hits a car and said car swires over, hits another car head on.. I have seen many bikers down here do something reckless, and other drivers freak out and crash. While yes, the biker is less safe than someone in a vehicle, they can cause harm just as easily.

My main point was, the comment about the soccer mom on valium. There are bikers drugged up and drinking driving just as the mom on valium.  It seemed like you rather deal with a biker than a mom on valium, which myself would too. But what about a coked up biker and a mom not on valium?  

The way you react to danger is pretty much all on you. If you freak out and swerve over into a tree or another car head-on, it doesn't matter if it was a squirrel, a bike, or a huge truck you were avoiding, the "blame(?)" (bad choice of words but yeah) is still on you. This is why people are taught in driving school to scan ahead and behind, turn "into" a spin, use the shoulders of the road in an emergency situation as another lane, etc.

The "soccer mom" was just an analogy, an example of the sort of thing I tend to associate with the large vehicles being driven by inattentive people. A coked-up biker is still not going to hurt me as much as I'd hurt him if we had a collision and I'm in a larger vehicle.

Anyway, I feel this is going a bit off-topic.

The way you react to danger is pretty much all on you. If you freak out and swerve over into a tree or another car head-on, it doesn't matter if it was a squirrel, a bike, or a huge truck you were avoiding, the "blame(?)" (bad choice of words but yeah) is still on you. This is why people are taught in driving school to scan ahead and behind, turn "into" a spin, use the shoulders of the road in an emergency situation as another lane, etc.

The "soccer mom" was just an analogy, an example of the sort of thing I tend to associate with the large vehicles being driven by inattentive people. A coked-up biker is still not going to hurt me as much as I'd hurt him if we had a collision and I'm in a larger vehicle.

Cause and effect.

How the effect ends up doesn't matter as much as the cause that set it in motion.

If you cause something, you should also be responsible for the effect.

I wouldn't blame a truck driver for smashing into another car and killing someone if I caused them to swerve in the first place.

That would all be my fault, not theirs.

You're right, how you react is up to you.. but it goes for both bikers and drivers. I've seen a lot more bikers do crazy things on the roads than drivers.. I think everyone should respect everyone on the road and treat it as equal. Down here, most Bikers do not give the same respect to cars but expect respect from them. 

He was driving along, they surrounded him.  Douchebag infront "Brake-Checked" SUV Bumped tire, and pulled over.  The bikers then began surrounding the vehicle at which point fight or flee took over and he knew there was no way he could fight them so he did the next best thing, he fleed.

I can see as a biker how it is annoying, but the number of bad bikers I've seen (Saw one yesterday doing over 160KM/H) on a 100KM/H Highway weaving in and out of traffic.. and based on the video I feel that the fault lies 100% with the bikers.

The right thing to do would be stop the car, put on blinkers, call the police.  And flee ONLY if attacked.  I didn't see or hear anyone attacking him or his SUV when he decided to punch it.

Also, if I had been the biker bumped, I would have apologized and admit fault.  That's about an intelligent move as pulling in front of a moving semi truck and slamming on the brake, then expecting the semi not to hit you.  

• Like 1

The right thing to do would be stop the car, put on blinkers, call the police.  And flee ONLY if attacked.  I didn't see or hear anyone attacking him or his SUV when he decided to punch it.

Also, if I had been the biker bumped, I would have apologized and admit fault.  That's about an intelligent move as pulling in front of a moving semi truck and slamming on the brake, then expecting the semi not to hit you.  

The police report reads as the bikers started to attack his car as stated in previous post. 

The police report reads as the bikers started to attack his car as stated in previous post. 

Somehow can't see it in the video though.

You can clearly see the SUV in the start, no one's attacking it nor ripping of pieces until the dumbass tries to run them over.

If someone is beating on your car or trying to get in, isn't that considered an attack?

Seeing that is was such a large mass of bikers, was the street reserved just for them or blocked off from drivers? Maybe they were just ###### off that a driver was invading their event. Brake checking though is not cool and ended up getting the guy run over. 

Somehow can't see it in the video though.

You can clearly see the SUV in the start, no one's attacking it nor ripping of pieces until the dumbass tries to run them over.

I couldn't either.. Just going by what the report said.. If that didn't happen, and he was just being an ass.. he should never be allowed to drive a car again.. but if they started to attack his property and him, he was in his rights IMO. 

That's the thing, look at the video in the start. No one even got up from their bike. And it easily seems there was something before that video since other cars got past just fine, just him that had to deal with them.

Side panels were ripped off? Strange, they still shine the road tho...what a load of crap.

That's the thing, look at the video in the start. No one even got up from their bike. And it easily seems there was something before that video since other cars got past just fine, just him that had to deal with them.

I saw some get off their bike.  In addition, why did the SUV even stop if the intention was just to plow through them from the get-go?

I saw some get off their bike.  In addition, why did the SUV even stop if the intention was just to plow through them from the get-go?

I saw two getting off their bike, from the front where the camera was. Cause they made him to stop? That's why I'm saying there should be something before the video even started. Bikers just don't go around attacking someone in a punch, this is not some 1% club that does it for fun.

article-0-1865B7EA00000578-79_634x340.jp

Mirrors are intact, side panels are where they are supposed to be...can't see anything "ripped off". Of course I can't see the passenger side but even in the end of the video where they actually attack they didn't even go for the passenger, why should they in the start`?

I saw two getting off their bike, from the front where the camera was. Cause they made him to stop? That's why I'm saying there should be something before the video even started. Bikers just don't go around attacking someone in a punch, this is not some 1% club that does it for fun.

article-0-1865B7EA00000578-79_634x340.jp

Mirrors are intact, side panels are where they are supposed to be...can't see anything "ripped off". Of course I can't see the passenger side but even in the end of the video where they actually attack they didn't even go for the passenger, why should they in the start`?

The video IMO doesn't seem to show that they made him stop, but instead blocked him from all sides.

As soon as it happened everything quickly came to a stop.  I don't think the bikers made that happen.

If someone is beating on your car or trying to get in, isn't that considered an attack?

The police report is derived from nothing more than people's recollection of what occurred.  Of course the guy said he was attacked and had to flee.

So, now play the video again and look at the SUV AFTER he flees.  Notice all the dents and smashed glass from an attack?  Notice ANY dent or broken glass?  What they do, attack him with wet noodles?

The video IMO doesn't seem to show that they made him stop, but instead blocked him from all sides.

As soon as it happened everything quickly came to a stop.  I don't think the bikers made that happen.

The "break check" that everyone is talking about could easily be for stopping him since they were already surrounding him at that point.

Go frame to frame over the video and you'll see that there's nothing wrong with the car after he runs over the bikes the first time. Absolutely nothing, the road easily reflects on side - no dents, no broken windows. So what is the report talking about?

Nowhere did he "protect" his child from them with that attitude but he actually put them in more danger with it.

The police report is derived from nothing more than people's recollection of what occurred.  Of course the guy said he was attacked and had to flee.

So, now play the video again and look at the SUV AFTER he flees.  Notice all the dents and smashed glass from an attack?  Notice ANY dent or broken glass?  What they do, attack him with wet noodles?

I can kick a vehicle all day long and not leave evidence.

It is a matter of how hard they hit it, and where.  Kicking side skirts won't dent because its usually fiberglass.  Bumper covers are plastic...

However, it would make enough noise to scare occupants.

We don't know either way, but not hearing the other side to refute it leaves suspicion.  Right up there with why the brake check, and no explanation given.

Regardless of what happened, if you're stupid enough to stand in the path of scared/agitated person driving a 2000 kilo mass killing machine, you deserve to get hit.

Are you serious? So I'll come run you down with a bulldozer, guess you deserved it right? Since you stand in my way and I'm frightened.

The "break check" that everyone is talking about could easily be for stopping him since they were already surrounding him at that point.

Stop for what exactly? Using a public road?

I think you too can agree that if the dick hadn't brake checked the SUV, none of the rest would have happened.

Are you serious? So I'll come run you down with a bulldozer, guess you deserved it right? Since you stand in my way and I'm frightened.

While I don't agree with his comment, it bears noting that this is why you don't be an idiot and try to take law enforcement into your own hands by boxing a car in.

Do you think a group of motorcycle cops would box in an SUV?

Nope...

What makes a bunch of civilians think it will be any safer or work better if they do it with bikes?

Safety in numbers does not apply to bikes vs. SUV that can run OVER them.

Stop for what exactly? Using a public road?

I think you too can agree that if the dick hadn't brake checked the SUV, none of the rest would have happened.

What I meant was that before the video started there must be something else, the bikers were already surrounding him and wanted him to stop, break check was the final thing to get him to finally stop.

What I meant was that before the video started there must be something else, the bikers were already surrounding him and wanted him to stop, break check was the final thing to get him to finally stop.

Of course if they were intelligent, calling the police would have worked better.

If...something had happened beforehand.

And dont you find it odd that they didnt post that?  cmon.  You think he just started recording at that very moment?  And you cant see what was taking place when he initially stopped, so no one here can determine what took place prior to the 50 sec mark where he sped off.