gaming forza motorsport 5 xbox one microsoft

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 08 October 2013 - 13:30

If i hated xbox why do i own one? If i hated forza why do i own forza 4, and why have i played quite a few hours of the damn game? The problem here isn't me, it's you. If anyone says anything that isn't the equivalent of being a blind fanboy of microsoft you think they're on some kind of anti-microsoft hate parade. You really need to wake up and realize that there are people out there who aren't blind and ignorant fanboys like yourself. That there are people out there who don't blindly worship the god damn company you love so much.

Anyway, on topic. Perfect conditions at all times IS unrealistic. It has nothing to do about seeking out rain or snow or whatever. It's the simple fact that everyday and every race isn't going to be like a day in paradise.

But this isn't the real world. and most races do happen on dry surfaces.  and lets face it, people would only pick rainy tracks to show off the rain effect or to have fun sliding around, not for serious racing which is what Forza is all about. 

#47 blerk

blerk

Neowinian

Posted 08 October 2013 - 13:42

Anyway, on topic. Perfect conditions at all times IS unrealistic. It has nothing to do about seeking out rain or snow or whatever. It's the simple fact that everyday and every race isn't going to be like a day in paradise.

I want racing in snow! Then we can race snowplows against diggers and drive a Ferrari in 5 foot high snow!   :rofl:  :woot:  :fun: 

#48 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:03

I'm sorry but I LOVE to play racing games on rainy tracks! It's fun! Gives it all an unexpected edge and especially with multiplayer tends to level people off.

I think weather conditions would be welcome :)

Completely agree, I would love to see them add something new like this. I love Forza, its one of the best racing games I have ever played but when it comes to innovation they haven't really done much. I want to see something brand new with Forza now and weather would probably be something at the top of the list.

But this isn't the real world. and most races do happen on dry surfaces.  and lets face it, people would only pick rainy tracks to show off the rain effect or to have fun sliding around, not for serious racing which is what Forza is all about. 

I don't think what people are asking for is a majority of races to be done in the rain, it just needs to be possible. Codemasters do it quite well, you can go an entire season without a single rainy race but then start a next and the first 3 are all rain, it needs to be random for all tracks.

I quite like my motor sport and love F1 and in my opinion some of the best races are in the wet. If Forza wants to be a sim like I believe they claim to be then imo they need to adopt weather. That goes for heat also - hotter tracks can completely change how tyres perform on a track. I'd like to see that seen and felt when i race between Laguna Seca and the Bernese Alps for instance.

If people want to slide around and have fun then so be it, they aren't going to win races that way so I'm all up for finishing a few places up the grid because I'm keeping it on the track.

#49 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:25

It might be the same story as Forza 4; the rear-view mirror was 30FPS while the rest of the game was 60FPS (outside of the replays). Quite annoying, it was.

The 360 runs Forza 4 at 60fps?

#50 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

• Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:33

The 360 runs Forza 4 at 60fps?

Yes, it does. With the exception of the rear-view mirror when racing with the in-car view; that got bumped down to 30FPS. And the replays, but they've always been at that framerate in the series.

#51 Daedroth

Daedroth

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:42

Except this is a racing sim, and people don't actively go out and look for bad weather when racing. it would be stupid. 

Yes, it's a racing simulator and realistic weather should be simulated too. Unless you think every professional race is held in near perfect dry conditions?

#52 REM2000

REM2000

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:58

bear with me but i was at gamercon and they had the new next gen need for speed and it looked really good there live, much better than the youtube videos make it look. 

There was a lot going on screen, but leaves and stuff being thrown around. I will wait to play it or see it being played to get a good idea of how well it does look/play. However i will say it looks a bit smoother on the videos. 

#53 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 09 October 2013 - 13:23

This looks real good but I still need a decent wireless wheel that doesn't take up and lot of space. And the motion wheel thing is stupid.

#54 +TCLN Ryster

TCLN Ryster

Evil Teddy Rules!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 13:21

I have a question... what is the make and model of that TV on the wall behind Larry and the Turn 10 guy in the second video.... that bezel is so thin... I want one :)

#55 SnoopZ

SnoopZ

Resistance is Futile

Posted 12 October 2013 - 13:35

I have a question... what is the make and model of that TV on the wall behind Larry and the Turn 10 guy in the second video.... that bezel is so thin... I want one :)

It looks like a Samsung, looking for similar now.

Edit

I can't be sure on the model but it looks like something similar to a F8000.

http://www.businesss...ed-tv-smart-hub

#56 Andre

Andre

piemeister

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:35

Really? Compared to what? What last year racing sim had graphics close to this, or better than this?

Project CARS, albeit still in development.

#57 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:47

Thread revival...

Also pCars isn't out yet, much less was it out last year, last year. So not a valid contender.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!