• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:01

First direct gameplay video from Xbox One's Forza Motorsport 5 shown off
by John Callaham

Microsoft's Xbox One racing sim game Forza Motorsport 5 might be the highlight of the console's many planned launch titles, thanks in part to its impressive graphics. A few days ago, the company released the first direct gameplay video clip from the game, showing off what players will actually get to see while playing the title.

As posted on the Xbox YouTube channel, the nearly two minute clip shows the game's virtual version of the 2012 Pagani Huayra driving on the Bernese Alps track. This track was previously put in Forza Motorsport 4 for the Xbox 360 but Microsoft and developer Turn 10 Studios claim to have "completely rebuilt" the course for the Xbox One. The video is quite impressive, showing the car driving through the snowy mountain track at 60 fps and at 1080p resolution.

Microsoft has also released a second Forza Motorsport 5 video on YouTube. This clip shows Microsoft's Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb chatting with Turn 10's Dan Greenawalt as they discuss how Forza Motorsport 5 uses the new features in the Xbox One controller. In particular, Greenawalt talks about how the game uses the Impulse Triggers in the controller to give players a subtle but noticeable haptic feedback as they drive these virtual super-cars around Forza Motorsport 5's tracks.

Source: Xbox on YouTube

#2 0nyX

0nyX

Posting from Apple //c

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:24

One thing I always liked in the Forza series was how wide the road looks and feels compared to GT series. It gives you a sense of freedom like you can drive faster and more crazy.

#3 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:29

The graphics are so last year. But considerable improvement over Xbox 360. 

I found it disappointing considering it's on next gen consoles. 

#4 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:35

One thing I always liked in the Forza series was how wide the road looks and feels compared to GT series. It gives you a sense of freedom like you can drive faster and more crazy.

The city tracks are scary narrow though.

#5 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:35

The graphics are so last year. But considerable improvement over Xbox 360. 

I found it disappointing considering it's on next gen consoles.

Really? Compared to what? What last year racing sim had graphics close to this, or better than this?

#6 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:47

I kind of have to agree with the above. That track looks much better than it did on the 360 but i'm not quite 'wowed'. The noticeably heavy compression on the video doesn't really help the game make a good case for itself either.

#7 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Super Genius

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:55

Beautiful. :)

#8 virtorio

virtorio

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 14
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:15

Certainly looks good, but most racing games on the current consoles (like Forza Horizon) look pretty good when in-motion, but fall down soon as you stop moving a look at something up close. I want to see they video where they stop and look at a tree, a rock, a building, or a crowd of bystanders.

#9 droolingmonkey

droolingmonkey

Neowinian

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:56

Man, I don't know ay, I can't see myself very often stopping on the side of the road to look at a rock or a tree. This IS a racing game, afterall, just mash that loud button and enjoy!

#10 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:59

I havent played Forza 4 in a while but Im pretty sure the track never reflected off the bonnet like it does in the first 15 seconds of that video, also the detail in the weave of Carbon Fibre I don't think I have seen before as well as the light changes from in cockpit as the car moves around the track.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6wEX_BEkvik < I love the engine spits on downshift in this video - if they did do this in the past, it sounds so much better now.

#11 Xerxes

Xerxes

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Galaxy S4 Plus

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:12

So is Forza 5, "Forza 4 J.J. Abrams Edition"?  :rofl: (sorry couldn't help it).

<serious mode> Looks pretty impressive, even with all the compression artefacts in that video the track seems to have a soft life like feel to it. I also noticed nice little details like flock of birds, rolling mist etc (Y). That's one thing that always annoyed me in the GT games, the cars are (well most are in GT5, but that is a topic for another day :p) beautifully rendered and are let down by the terribly rendered tracks (sprite trees/people in this day and age? seriously?). The tracks are just as important as the cars and it seems Forza 5 might of finally nailed it! :happy:

#12 SnoopZ

SnoopZ

Resistance is Futile

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:19

I played Forza 5 at the weekend and all i can say is it is awesome compared to any other racing game i have played on a console to date.

#13 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:21

I played Forza 5 at the weekend and all i can say is it is awesome compared to any other racing game i have played on a console to date.

Where did you get to play it? Jealous. How do the rumble triggers feel?

#14 SnoopZ

SnoopZ

Resistance is Futile

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:23

Where did you get to play it? Jealous. How do the rumble triggers feel?

Eurogamer in London on Saturday, i only got 1 lap but it looked and played fantastic and i found the new impulse rumble triggers pretty powerful on my fingers, i loved it! :)

The graphics also look better in person rather than a feed online that maybe limited to 30 frames per second.

#15 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:24

Forza FTW!! Looking forward to this one.