Xbox One Can Run Windows 8 Games Using Almost the Same Code

I've been waiting a year for a usable xbox music experience, and even when it's usable it probably won't compare to Zune. If the surface RT 2 is between 100% and 400% faster than the RT 1, I don't have high hopes that Microsoft can fix the issues with software. And that's everything Microsoft has released lately. The 360 has been out for years, the shelf life of a phone or tablet is a year or 2, 3 if you push it.

I hear people dog Xbox Music, and I know there were issues early on, but I started using the app recently and I have to say it plays music just fine for me.  I'm sure there are features I don't use that could be the reason you have had a poor experience, but that's just my experience with it.

And what's wrong with the Surface 2 specs?  Tegra 4 is considered a high end part right now, so why is that a knock against MS and Surface?  I don't know what the difference performance wise is between a Tegra 4 and a Snapdragon 800 (the other high end arm chip), but I don't think this is low end stuff.

I hear people dog Xbox Music, and I know there were issues early on, but I started using the app recently and I have to say it plays music just fine for me.  I'm sure there are features I don't use that could be the reason you have had a poor experience, but that's just my experience with it.

I like the app and using it but it frustrates me to no end that it often lowers its volume if the app isn't onscreen and theres no way I've noticed to stop that.

Been using it since 8 came out and still can't figure that **** out.

I like the app and using it but it frustrates me to no end that it often lowers its volume if the app isn't onscreen and theres no way I've noticed to stop that.

Been using it since 8 came out and still can't figure that **** out.

I haven't had that happen to me yet and I run the app in the background all the time.  Sometimes I use it snapped to the side though.

I've only been using streaming music so far, not my local collection, so have you noticed if that happens when playing local music or is it streaming as well?

Steam doesn't need to be brought into this at all. Games that are on steam can be made for the Windows Store as well. Microsoft needs to push for that to happen though. I saw this coming a while ago. Ray Ozzie had this idea a long time ago (too bas he isn't at MS anymore) as with other ideas.

And what's wrong with the Surface 2 specs?  Tegra 4 is considered a high end part right now, so why is that a knock against MS and Surface?  I don't know what the difference performance wise is between a Tegra 4 and a Snapdragon 800 (the other high end arm chip), but I don't think this is low end stuff.

They updated it and probably broke half the Metro UI guidelines along the way.

This is my list of complaints as I can remember right now with 8.1 RTM (and I know there is supposed to be some update when 8.1 launches)

- Playlist management is terrible

- No playback controls from search screen. This happened only once (yesterday) so can be a bug.

- Does not implement the app bar UIs. So no way to quickly jump back to home if you have been digging into your collection/search results

- Cloud collection: this thing is ######ed up beyond belief. How company the size and expertize of Microsoft can't get this right is beyond me (when smaller companies do this right on v1).

- The semantic zoom on lists (say genre) shows a nice bar graph but it also means I have to scroll which defeats the purpose of quickly jumping from say "Alternative" to "Soundtrack OR if you are in album names from "A" to "T".

I am sure there are many such smaller things that add up to leave a bad taste every time I use it. I still stubbornly use it because its 360 playback is more reliable than WMP.

I'd subscribe to Xbox Music if it was offered in my country.   Damn MS hasn't expanded into more markets yet, and it's a shame.  Xbox Music should be offered in every market that Xbox Live is also offered in period.  How else do they expect to compete with others?   If licensing is a problem then just buy some other service that has licensing rights to those markets and fold that into XBM.