Opinion about Windows Phone

Even if they are pinned, it's not as if they're all pinned at the top. It requires more effort to scroll down and search each app until you come across the notification as opposed to the other platforms, which have a central location for them.

Uh...how is that more effort than pulling down notification center on Android or iOS? :/ I ask that as someone who thinks WP needs better notifications.

- In Android/iOS you allow notifications from apps you actually care about

- In WP you pin apps to home

It is pretty much the same thing except few limitations that are addressed by wide tiles.

Does anyone know when GDR3 will hit?

At this point many others, and I are inclined to agree that GDR2 + Amber is never coming to AT&T.

Uh...how is that more effort than pulling down notification center on Android or iOS? :/ I ask that as someone who thinks WP needs better notifications.

- In Android/iOS you allow notifications from apps you actually care about

- In WP you pin apps to home

It is pretty much the same thing except few limitations that are addressed by wide tiles.

Because you don't know exactly which app needs attention, thus you don't know where exactly you have to look; you'll have to search. In the notification center, the first notice is always in the same exact location, removing the need to search, thus reducing effort.

WP8 is not bad at all, not my thing, but won't hate on it

To me, WP8 is what Apple claimed about iOS, simple, intuitive and easy to pick up, the perfect device to get a non techy person into smartphones and not be overwhelmed with features and options

• Like 2

Because you don't know exactly which app needs attention, thus you don't know where exactly you have to look; you'll have to search. In the notification center, the first notice is always in the same exact location, removing the need to search, thus reducing effort.

Your tiles will show something on them if they have a notification. I have 8 tiles that show notifications on upper half of my start screen (which is always visible) and those are the ones I care the most.

Then there are probably equal or more on the lower half that sometimes show notifications (that aren't really important anyways). My notifications are in exact same location every time.

Your tiles will show something on them if they have a notification. I have 8 tiles that show notifications on upper half of my start screen (which is always visible) and those are the ones I care the most.

Then there are probably equal or more on the lower half that sometimes show notifications (that aren't really important anyways). My notifications are in exact same location every time.

Lets say that those 8 app weren't all at the top. Lets say some weren't even pinned at all. If your phone beeps from across the room and by the time you open it, the notice is gone, you won't know exactly where the notification came from unless you do some searching. Even in your situation, you'll still have to search if the app isn't at the top.

I'm not saying it's incredibly hard to overcome, but it does increase effort, which can become annoying over time. This is especially true when coming from an environment where it's very easy to see and track notifications.

Does anyone know when GDR3 will hit?

At this point many others, and I are inclined to agree that GDR2 + Amber is never coming to AT&T.

I don't remember what it was called because I pretty much forgot about it as soon as I was done with it, but I used a program to get my phone to update "early" on Verizon (it was RTMed, but Verizon hadn't started pushing it yet).  I don't know if it will work on AT&T Lumias or not, but you should go check XDA and see what you can find.

How Microsoft Convinced Me to Buy an iPhone 5s: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/10/12/microsoft-convinced-buy-iphone-5s

Go buy an iPhone 5s then and leave Windows Phone to those who don't like security issues!!!!

You have too many apps if you can't fit them all on your start screen. just sayin'

Regardless if they're all on the start screen, they're not all at that top. That means you may have to scroll down and search for notifications, which is more work than if there were a central location for them.