survata survey philosophizing younger participants ufos

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#136 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,031 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 00:39

Arguing that there is no proof for Jesus is as good as arguing that there is no proof of the Roman Empire.

http://christianity....esurrection.htm

http://www.leaderu.c...cles/josh2.html

Answers in Genesis did the heavy lifting of dissecting and compiling the host of scientific evidence that counter the theory of evolution. It is unbecoming of an intellectual to fail to recognise scientific facts for what they are, and to disregard them because of their usage in a particular scientific debate. Saying "we are here because of a naturalistic origin of life" and "there is a naturalistic origin of life, hence we are here" is circular. The Bible confirming itself is not, because all it takes is a single self-contradiction to defeat its self-consistency. Aside from misinterpretations from erroneous contexts and poor understanding of journalistic reporting (which all don't qualify), there are none. Working from the axiom of a good God who does not lie and can not lie, the accusation of circularity is also voided.

The Wiki entry on eugenics says nothing that contravenes the tenets of evolution. Where we have natural selection in nature to weed out the unfit and weak, we have human agents who aid the process along via artificial selection along the same principle - weeding out the weak and the unfit by rendering them unable to reproduce.

First off Answers in Genesis is a heavily biased for obvious reasons. Second plenty of people believe the Jesus the man was real, but a man ONLY and not some supernatural figure. There is zero evidence of any of the supernatural events from the bible, and yet again NO the scriptures do not count as evidence. 

#137 Torolol

Torolol

• 2,785 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:20

Its depend of which religion, Catholicism or at least the Pope, are believes that alien in existed.
The author of Exo-Vaticana even predict that Pope Francis I, will announce the existence of extraterrestrial life, among whom an alien savior will emerge to reinvigorate Christian teachings.

#138 ShockD

ShockD

Antagonist

• 352 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 17:22

I don't know about this survey but I'm sure I'm Orthodox Christian and believe in aliens as well :alien:

#139 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 00:11

Its depend of which religion, Catholicism or at least the Pope, are believes that alien in existed.
The author of Exo-Vaticana even predict that Pope Francis I, will announce the existence of extraterrestrial life, among whom an alien savior will emerge to reinvigorate Christian teachings.

The Conspiracy Forum is that way. >  :D

#140 bradsday

bradsday

Neowinian

• 358 posts
  • Phone: BlackBerry 9700

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:57

I believe in God and I believe in the possibility of alien life.  God is the creator.  He created the heavens and the earth, the creatures on the land and the creatures under the seas.  The Bible teaches that He created man in his own image.

However, nowhere does it state that this is all He ever created.  God the creator could have gone on to create other universes, worlds, and beings.  In actuality, the better question is: If God is the omnipotent creator, why wouldn't He go on to create other life?

#141 bradsday

bradsday

Neowinian

• 358 posts
  • Phone: BlackBerry 9700

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:30

To Trieste Or whatever he calls himself now:

I would like you to continue this family tree:

Adam/Eve -> Cain|Abel -> ?

That would be exhaustive.  However, the point you are trying to make does pose a number of questions for theological debate.  Simply that at the time of Abel's murder, there were only four people (presumably) on earth.  So, how does humanity continue?  We obviously did.  The following is all there is about it in the Bible.  Cain was cast from Eden, he dwelt in the land of Nod, there he knew his wife, and she bore him a son.  However, if you continue on in Genesis, you will note that Cain builds a city.  I would imagine this feat would take considerably more than just a father, his son, and wife. So, where did all of these people come from - and why were they not mentioned previously?

"....went out from the presence of the LORD and dwelt in the land of Nod on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch..."

Again, this is a subject of religious debate that has been ongoing for hundreds if not thousands of years.  Some nonbelievers would decry it as yet another Biblical inconsistency; I would say it just adds more to the mystery of our creation.

#142 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,838 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 22:31

Merry Xmas Aliens. :D

#143 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• 7,813 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 21 December 2013 - 22:37

Xenomorphs ######in' love Xmas.

#144 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,059 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:21

Thank you, Hum, and a Happy Holidays to you. :alien:

By the way, Hum, have you had your anal probe this year?  :shifty:

#145 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• 7,813 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:28

By the way, Hum, have you had your anal probe this year?  :shifty:

Are you upset he didn't come to you for his annual probe? I am sure he isn't seeing other probists, he has just been busy.

#146 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,059 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:33

Are you upset he didn't come to you for his annual probe? I am sure he isn't seeing other probists, he has just been busy.

Very upset, I have quotas to meet!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!