• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#16 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,508 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 02 October 2013 - 16:35

no aliens would want to visit earth.. we are a bunch of douche bags. we're violent, judgmental,racist  

They'd see what we do to our own species and decide to avoid us like the plague.

#17 Davo

Davo

Neowinian

• 1,397 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 16:38

I've always wondered how aliens and religion are mutually exclusive? Wouldn't God have created them too?

#18 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

• 3,095 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 920

Posted 02 October 2013 - 16:40

If there were some sort of life form out there im sure it would be witnessed by now. All this is just a waste of time and money, there is no one out there.

This statement just proves our educational system has failed us...

:|

#19 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,508 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 02 October 2013 - 16:44

I've always wondered how aliens and religion are mutually exclusive? Wouldn't God have created them too?

If they've never heard of any god, messiahs or prophets and they are an older species than we are then that might appear a little odd. There are tribes on Earth to whom the concept of a god is completely foreign. They used to be more common until the missionary went brainwashed them into whatever flavour of religion they practised.

#20 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• 7,727 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 16:59

Its logical. If there is a proof for extraterrestrial life the Bible, the Koran and many more are... wrong.

How?

#21 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• 7,727 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 17:04

(...) it points out that throughout history scientific discovery has often been at odds with religious doctrine.

Gratuitous ideological speculation. Pretty silly to try to push the science-faith conflict theory based on belief in extraterrestrial life, i.e. purely hypothetical entites.

#22 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• 7,727 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 17:06

If they've never heard of any god, messiahs or prophets and they are an older species than we are then that might appear a little odd. There are tribes on Earth to whom the concept of a god is completely foreign. They used to be more common until the missionary went brainwashed them into whatever flavour of religion they practised.

Why would they need redemption? 

#23 R1pper

R1pper

In Search Of The (Difficult) Truth.

• 440 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 17:07

there's an old  saying that comes to mind: "people who dosn't believe in god, would believe in anything else."

aliens?

it makes me laugh when people claims they are out there, and they exit, even though we dont have any proof.

movies made people believe in just about everything, the genuine and wild imagination in movies like:  star wars and star trek has deluded people into believe it's just a matter of time, before will shake hands with aliens,and say live long and prosper, and use a phaser as a weapon.

not to mention space\time travel. :wacko:

during life i come across people that convinced all of the above is real, or partially real.

once(in 98) i debated a real loony, who worshiped science, which claimed that "in 20 years, will have the ability to choose when we gonna die." :rolleyes:

UFO, here's a term i strongly suggest to people who believe in aliens to understand.

#24 bguy_1986

bguy_1986

Neowinian

• 1,477 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 17:08

I'm a practicing Catholic, I'll believe in whichever entity proves their existence to me first! :rofl:

Practicing Catholic, but I believe there has got to be Extraterrestrials considering how big the universe is...

#25 exotoxic

exotoxic

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 17:11

If there were some sort of life form out there im sure it would be witnessed by now.

?? lol. Just look how much time and money has been invested in space exploration, then look how far we have gotten, not even out side our own solar system. There could be some other race in another galaxy doing exactly the same thing as us.

Its highly unlikely we will ever encounter other life forms (other than bacterias) because of the distance. There is also no reason to believe they would be anymore advanced than us even if they have been around for millions of years, the planet they live on could lack a certain resource or it could have destroyed and they no longer exist.

#26 HellboundIRL

HellboundIRL

Neowinian

• 815 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 02 October 2013 - 17:26

there's an old  saying that comes to mind: "people who dosn't believe in god, would believe in anything else."

aliens?

it makes me laugh when people claims they are out there, and they exit, even though we dont have any proof.

movies made people believe in just about everything, the genuine and wild imagination in movies like:  star wars and star trek has deluded people into believe it's just a matter of time, before will shake hands with aliens,and say live long and prosper, and use a phaser as a weapon.

not to mention space\time travel. :wacko:

during life i come across people that convinced all of the above is real, or partially real.

once(in 98) i debated a real loony, who worshiped science, which claimed that "in 20 years, will have the ability to choose when we gonna die." :rolleyes:

UFO, here's a term i strongly suggest to people who believe in aliens to understand.

We exist don't we? Why would you say there aren't other planets out there with life on them?

But if you believe we were created by a God then fair enough, no point arguing.

#27 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• 2,669 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 02 October 2013 - 17:34

Makes sense that they wouldn't believe in aliens if believing in god. Although there is absolutely no proof of god, but lots of proof that aliens exist.

Doesn't even make sense to believe we're the only ones here out of trillions and trillions of other planets out there,

not to mention that just cuz a specific planet isn't livable for us, doesn't mean another species couldn't live there,

so in fact, there could be life on the planets in our own solar system.

But we're considered crazy believing in aliens, but its fine to believe in something (GOD), which there's no proof of.

#28 Wyn6

Wyn6

Neowinian

• 767 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 925

Posted 02 October 2013 - 17:39

Practicing Catholic, but I believe there has got to be Extraterrestrials considering how big the universe is...

This is one of the arguments that I tend to pose. Most agree the universe is vast, most probably infinitely so. Therefore, If we're the only intelligent creatures in this entire infinitely vast universe, why do we need all of that space?

Think about it. We've barely gotten outside of our own solar system let alone our own galaxy, let alone the entire universe. We have no use for ALL of that space. So, what's the point of it? Why make the universe so big if it's just us?

#29 R1pper

R1pper

In Search Of The (Difficult) Truth.

• 440 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 17:41

We exist don't we? Why would you say there aren't other planets out there with life on them?

But if you believe we were created by a God then fair enough, no point arguing.

yes we exist, that is fact, nothing to prove here, but to use that logic(which is flawed) and to back your assumptions on unknown planets, well, its your opinion, and that's not proof.

as for your last comment, ad hominem.

#30 Xerino

Xerino

The Mouth

• 2,648 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 17:45

No surprise, I mean according to Jehovah's Witnesses, dinosaurs never existed either...