<Thread cleaned>

Stick to the topic at hand guys.

#17 DaveGreen93

DaveGreen93

Neowinian

• 271 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:43

Given the capabilities of mods, it wouldn't be unheard of for console owners of the game to pick up the PC version on top of it.

Agreed, I plan on buying it on PC as soon as it comes out. I have it on Xbox and I was quite disappointed with the rendering and view distance on the Xbox. It can't compare to PCs. But that's the price you pay with 8 year old hardware.

The potential of mods is also rather exciting.

#18 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,922 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:46

This petition proves that 572 thousand people haven't paid attention to Rockstars release history. Every GTA game since GTA 3 has taken 7-9 months to be released on PC after consoles. 

#19 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,180 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:56

Can we have a working console game first please :)

#20 Shaun N.

Shaun N.

Perfidious

• 5,337 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:03

I wonder how many people on that petition would actually PAY for the game instead of downloading a cracked copy from torrents/ftp

I wonder how many people bought the game on the console rather than downloading a cracked copy from torrent/ftp

#21 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 10,785 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:19

I wonder how many people bought the game on the console rather than downloading a cracked copy from torrent/ftp

I'm gonna go with most of them given the $1 billion in revenue in under 3 days they made...

#22 Xerino

Xerino

The Mouth

• 2,585 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 22:31

Ok, the PC version I fully support, but to anyone who has/had a Wii U, and remember playing Assasins Creed and Batman:Arkham City on it knows the Wii U can handle 3rd party ports very well, lots of slow down, stuttering, lag, and crashes, GTA 5 would be a nightmare, probably would cause that poor little system to burst into flames..

#23 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• 3,240 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 03 October 2013 - 22:35

Ok, the PC version I fully support, but to anyone who has/had a Wii U, and remember playing Assasins Creed and Batman:Arkham City on it knows the Wii U can handle 3rd party ports very well, lots of slow down, stuttering, lag, and crashes, GTA 5 would be a nightmare, probably would cause that poor little system to burst into flames..

Yes, cause rushed launch day ports are the perfect indicator of what a console can do.

With your logic we should have never seen games look better than cod2 on the current gen consoles.

#24 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 03 October 2013 - 22:36

Its pretty unusual to not have a game that's on the PC as well as on consoles. There is a considerably big amount of gamers on PCs, and Rockstar would only be losing out not having a PC version.

#25 Xerino

Xerino

The Mouth

• 2,585 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 22:41

Yes, cause rushed launch day ports are the perfect indicator of what a console can do.

With your logic we should have never seen games look better than cod2 on the current gen consoles.

I never said that, I was just saying the Wii U doesnt have the hardware capability to sucessfully handle a full port of GTA 5, I mean maybe if they dumb it down, reduce the textures, strip it down, then maybe the Wii U can have a port, but it wouldn't be nearly on the grand scale that the PC, 360, and PS3 can do.. Besides, why wasn't GTA 4 ever ported over to the Wii U? That woudve been a pretty good example of what the Wii U can actually handle.

#26 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• 3,240 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 03 October 2013 - 23:01

I never said that, I was just saying the Wii U doesnt have the hardware capability to sucessfully handle a full port of GTA 5, I mean maybe if they dumb it down, reduce the textures, strip it down, then maybe the Wii U can have a port, but it wouldn't be nearly on the grand scale that the PC, 360, and PS3 can do.. Besides, why wasn't GTA 4 ever ported over to the Wii U? That woudve been a pretty good example of what the Wii U can actually handle.

Because there's really not much point in porting over gta4. As it's a 5 year old game and just about anyone who wanted it already has it on one of the other 3 platforms.

As for 5.. If rockstar took a little time to work towards its strengths and weakness similarly to how they had to with the other two consoles, they probably wouldn't have to sacrifice much at all. The wii u isn't hugely behind the other consoles like you think.

#27 Xerino

Xerino

The Mouth

• 2,585 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 23:08

Because there's really not much point in porting over gta4. As it's a 5 year old game and just about anyone who wanted it already has it on one of the other 3 platforms.

As for 5.. If rockstar took a little time to work towards its strengths and weakness similarly to how they had to with the other two consoles, they probably wouldn't have to sacrifice much at all. The wii u isn't hugely behind the other consoles like you think.

Well for one, the Wii U doesnt even have a hard drive, and very limited on internal storage, unless they want GTA 5 to be constantly loading from a DVD, or require an always on network connection to stream from the cloud, the Wii U isn't happening.