Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Question

Posted

No replies in the gaming thread... bah.

So I'm going to splurge on a gaming laptop for the wife. She's biting at the bit for one with EQ Next coming out.

I was looking at the Razer Blade Pro (it small, light, and has that groovy screen/touchpad thing) but it's not

upgradeable. I'd like to have more memory and hard drive space.

There are a couple of "custom" sites that let you have artwork/paintjobs on the laptop, so that would be nifty.

So far: FalconNW and Origin come to mind. Any others I should look into?

12 answers to this question

Posted

What does she play? Why not just make her a desktop? Easier to upgrade.

Ibuypower is pretty good, too.

Posted

when i get a new gaming laptop after tax season I plan to get one of the MSI GS70s

i was planning on getting a razor blade as well before this came out a few months back. they seem promising

http://www.msimobile.com/level3_productpage.aspx?cid=6&id=409

(edit: fixed link, had linked wrong model)

Posted

Cant go wrong with the Acer "Ferarri" Series, Alienware is always a good choice as well, MSI does pretty good ones too, Razer not so sure, I mean they are super thin, super light, and pretty powerful, but at the prices they want, you would be better off just buying a macbook pro lol

Posted

what's your budget?

Posted

Cant go wrong with the Acer "Ferarri" Series, Alienware is always a good choice as well, MSI does pretty good ones too, Razer not so sure, I mean they are super thin, super light, and pretty powerful, but at the prices they want, you would be better off just buying a macbook pro lol

I tried gaming on a MacBook Pro. Gets way too hot, noisy fan, and uncomfortable on the wrists.

Posted

Sager makes some powerful, although ugly, laptops for decent prices. I was thinking about picking up a Sager NP8265 from XOTIC PC.

Posted

Hello,

A few manufacturers that have gaming laptop sections on their websites:

1 person likes this

Posted

CNet has some pretty reliable reviews, but I always cross reference if anything.

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptop-reviews/?filter=1101502_9614452_

Also, take into consideration whatever warranties are offered at the places you shop. I prefer desktop computers for PC gaming, but if a laptop is a must, then I personally wouldn't want to spend $1000+ on what could essentially become a brick if something were to go out that's not easily replaceable. Just food for thought.

Posted

Qosimo by Toshiba are nice. Toshiba has great customer support and repair services.

Posted

Toshiba Satellite (if you need to be on the move) or Toshiba Qosmio.

Posted

Qosimo by Toshiba are nice. Toshiba has great customer support and repair services.

True. A friend of mine told me how Toshiba repaired his laptop which he dropped on the ground by accident.