Photo

How greedy are you?

money lottery greed

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: How greedy is Neowin?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Would you kill someone for a winning lottery ticket?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Dot Catrix

Dot Catrix

The dotted Grumpy Cat

• 473 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 23:06

The dumbasses who voted "Yes" deserve to be robbed and left in blood by a homeless for a mobile phone or as much as $10.

Then, maybe they'll appreciate more LIFE. How can you put in balance a LIFE and a fistfull of dollars? Sigh... this society is more and more hopeless.

#17 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• 4,778 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 23:09

HZsaJw2.gif?1

#18 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,647 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 23:10

Of course, but then again, $15k is my going rate anyway, so that's a raise.

#19 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,007 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 23:11

The dumbasses who voted "Yes" deserve to be robbed and left in blood by a homeless for a mobile phone or as much as $10.

Firstly, everyone has a price - EVERYONE.  Yours may be considerably higher, and it may not be financial, but trust me - you have one.

Secondly, you call out those who have set their level attainable by this thread, and then suggest they deserve to be beaten for a material possession...

Seems like we've found where your line is, and it took so little to find out.  Absolute hypocrisy...

#20 Garnet H.

Garnet H.

astropheed

• 1,640 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 23:14

Firstly, everyone has a price - EVERYONE.  Yours may be considerably higher, and it may not be financial, but trust me - you have one.

Secondly, you call out those who have set their level attainable by this thread, and then suggest they deserve to be beaten for a material possession...

Seems like we've found where your line is, and it took so little to find out.  Absolute hypocrisy...

If the price is murder of someone I care about then I'd murder someone else, sure. If that's what you mean by 'price'. But for purely economic gain, you're (not you) a cancer; a congregation of cells that shouldn't exist.

#21 +timster

timster

Neowinian Senior

• 2,605 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4 7.1.2 jb/ul

Posted 03 October 2013 - 23:49

Then, maybe they'll appreciate more LIFE. How can you put in balance a LIFE and a fistfull of dollars? Sigh... this society is more and more hopeless.

so you're against murder while at the same time condoning murder?

#22 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 23:55

I wouldn't kill anyone, or lie, steal, cheat, or anything else immoral or illegal to get that much money.

#23 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• 8,382 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 03 October 2013 - 23:57

I would never kill anyone. Even if I could get away with it, it's just so morally wrong and I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

I'd rather be poor and have a good conscience than have all the money in the world and have that on my shoulders.

#24 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,528 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 23:57

No. Never, fact of the matter is, I didn't win, so the money was never mine, but if I was in that dire a need, I would ask that friend for a loan. Or if the situation was switched, I would have no problem helping out a friend in need. I have no need for that amount of money even though it would be nice to never have to worry about bills again.

#25 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,007 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 00:03

If the price is murder of someone I care about then I'd murder someone else, sure. If that's what you mean by 'price'. But for purely economic gain, you're (not you) a cancer; a congregation of cells that shouldn't exist.

That's my point.  Everyone had a price, but I stated that it's not always economic.  Condemning someone for where their line is feels a little naive to me.

I've seen dead people, seen them killed over less than £1000.  Seen their corpses left by their killers, who the next day won't even bat an eyelid.  I'd not saying it's right, it's just how it is.

#26 Garnet H.

Garnet H.

astropheed

• 1,640 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 00:06

I'd not saying it's right, it's just how it is.

You say this like it's a reputable justification.

#27 Dot Catrix

Dot Catrix

The dotted Grumpy Cat

• 473 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:47

I would never kill anyone. Even if I could get away with it, it's just so morally wrong and I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

I'd rather be poor and have a good conscience than have all the money in the world and have that on my shoulders.

THIS.

All of you who imply that everything has a price, including murder, need a psychiatrist check, fast. Murder has no price for me, whatsoever.

#28 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• 9,821 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:51

I wouldn't kill someone that I liked because they won the lottery.

#29 +zhiVago

zhiVago

World Citizen

• 9,318 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:56

Not for such a small figure.

main-qimg-2c8691dda7531dd888d1c5142c0460

j/k, I wouldn't kill anyone even for a trillion. Such an offer would clearly seem to me as if someone was trying to set me up :D

#30 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• 12,560 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:10

That's my point.  Everyone had a price, but I stated that it's not always economic.  Condemning someone for where their line is feels a little naive to me.

I've seen dead people, seen them killed over less than £1000.  Seen their corpses left by their killers, who the next day won't even bat an eyelid.  I'd not saying it's right, it's just how it is.

Just because you've witnessed that doesn't mean you need to adhere to that mentality. There are sick-minded people everyone, it doesn't mean you have to join the party.

Let's up the stakes, you could put a gun to my head and say "Kill that man across the street and I'll give you this case with 100 billion in it, or if you don't, I'm going to shoot you in the head"....frankly, I'd say pull the trigger. As I stated earlier, you can't put a value on a human life.