"Reboot" is getting a Reboot

1380842291.jpg

The beloved '90s cartoon "Reboot" is getting a reboot.

B.C. animation studio Rainmaker Entertainment announced this week that it has renamed its TV division Mainframe Entertainment and launched development of a sequel to the first-ever fully computer-animated series.

You heard that right. Bob, Dot, Enzo, Frisket and Megabyte are coming back.

The announcement coincided with the 20th anniversary of the show's debut in -- this is going to make you feel really old -- 1994.

The original incarnation of Mainframe Entertainment, which Rainmaker acquired in 2006, was also responsible for the popular "Transformers" spinoff "Beast Wars" (BRING THAT BACK TOO).

But while the show is in development, it has yet to be picked up by any networks. YTV, we're looking directly at you now.

Fans have been disappointed before. Rainmaker announced in 2008 that it was at work on a "Reboot" film trilogy. The company even released a teaser trailer. But five years later, we're still waiting.

Rainmaker has been busy though. It released its first feature film, "Escape From Planet Earth," earlier this year and is in production on a movie based on the video game Ratchet and Clank.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/10/03/reboot-cartoon-back-sequel-tv-show_n_4035942.html?utm_hp_ref=tv&ir=TV

Saturday mornings are just not the same these days without these classics... there was Reboot, Donkey Kong Country, The Super Mario Bros., Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Sonic. Glad Reboot is getting a reboot though!

Side Note: I liked the cartoon portions of the Super Mario Bros., especially when they aired the Legend Of Zelda cartoons.

• Like 2

I loved this show as a kid as well! Too bad the movie trilogy hasn't happened yet. I was looking forward to that as well!

It better happen...And this time, it better not end with a cliff hanger too!

They could always start off the season (if it's going to be a distant point in the future) with flash backs or an "upgrade" lol

Saturday mornings are just not the same these days without these classics... there was Reboot, Donkey Kong Country, The Super Mario Bros., Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Sonic. Glad Reboot is getting a reboot though!

Side Note: I liked the cartoon portions of the Super Mario Bros., especially when they aired the Legend Of Zelda cartoons.

Huh?

Never heard of a single one of those shows in my life, so don't know what you call "classics" in that regard?! Actually, I've "heard" of them, but have never seen any of them!

Now, you want to talk classic cartoons, try the 3 Stooges, Underdog, Tom & Jerry, Roadrunner. Now, THERE are some classics!

Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles, gads!! :x

Hell yes! I've got all the shows downloaded. I'd love to see it redone with modern graphics. I just hope they keep the same tone as the old series. I love how it got progressively darker. I really hope they finish it this time though. The cliff hanger that they finished the show with was a killer!

This was my Saturday watching...

2h9L.jpg

OMG, that was the ###### as well! I loved watching that show! Then again, my Saturdays were packed with classics like those. And then the Sunday mornings we had Batman: The Animated Adventures, Superman: The Animated Series, X-Men, Gargoyles, Phantom and all that stuff. They sure don't make cartoons like they used to.

So true!

Kids these days get some really messed up TV programmes, and kid TV stars that grow up to become all messed up, too! *sigh*  :/

OMG, that was the **** as well! I loved watching that show! Then again, my Saturdays were packed with classics like those. And then the Sunday mornings we had Batman: The Animated Adventures, Superman: The Animated Series, X-Men, Gargoyles, Phantom and all that stuff. They sure don't make cartoons like they used to.