5 posts in this topic

Right now I have Charter Cable with their Digital Tier 1 package, which goes near $80 or so (which will go up in a month when my 1-year promotion price ends). I've been looking but haven't really found many alternatives to it aside from Hulu but frankly I'm not looking to watch series, I just want to be able to watch the Science Channel or the History Channel and maybe a few others.

So, does anyone know of anything that would serve my needs or am I out of luck? :/

Most channel networks have full videos on their website (apps if you have tablet/smartphone).

You can cancel the services and watch the videos online anytime. 

Most channel networks have full videos on their website (apps if you have tablet/smartphone).

I was sorta thinking the same thing. I have Time Warner Cable and I'm not really interested in the TV service. All I ever watch is:

The Blacklist

The Legend of Korra

Naruto Shippuden

Attack on Titan

Bleach

Gundam

Monday Night Raw

Friday Night Smackdown

All of these I can watch of iTunes, Hulu, or Crunchyroll. I'm wasting money on a DVR that can't be used on my iPad or iPhone except for when I set a schedule. I want everything on the internet where I can get true 1080p like I do on iTunes. All in one place, knowing I can watch it over and over without commercials.

I see that with the History channel now but I'm having difficulty finding anything but clips or "Producer's Take" for the Science channel's website. :s I find it silly though that if it is free online that they charge me about $10 on top of my cable subscription just to watch it. It's not that I can't afford the subscription, I just can't justify $80/mo for two channels really. :|

I was sorta thinking the same thing. I have Time Warner Cable and I'm not really interested in the TV service. All I ever watch is:

The Blacklist

The Legend of Korra

Naruto Shippuden

Attack on Titan

Bleach

Gundam

Monday Night Raw

Friday Night Smackdown

All of these I can watch of iTunes, Hulu, or Crunchyroll. I'm wasting money on a DVR that can't be used on my iPad or iPhone except for when I set a schedule. I want everything on the internet where I can get true 1080p like I do on iTunes. All in one place, knowing I can watch it over and over without commercials.

Gundam, Naruto and TLoK are also some of my favorite things to watch. :)

1 person likes this

I see that with the History channel now but I'm having difficulty finding anything but clips or "Producer's Take" for the Science channel's website. :s I find it silly though that if it is free online that they charge me about $10 on top of my cable subscription just to watch it. It's not that I can't afford the subscription, I just can't justify $80/mo for two channels really. :|

That's why I said Most, not All.... such as ABC, NBC, CBS, Discovery, etc.  

Within a few years, (it could take longer), maybe all networks will move to the web version and/or the mobile app.