Where are all the Windows Modern Apps?

I just bought an Asus Windows RT tablet, I am loving it however I was struck by the lack of apps that I had on my older Android tablet. For instance, Paypal is not there, a lot of Google apps are not there, Angry Birds isn't there, Need for Speed games, and many more apps that I loved aren't in the Windows store. I can use Internet Explorer to do a lot of what is missing in terms of apps, but it is slight disappointing.  Windows RT is great but its lacking in a lot of apps that are in Android. If there is anyone out there reading this from Microsoft, please push Android/iOS developers harder to make apps for Windows RT/8 as well.

PS

A modern calculator app would be very helpful.

I just bought an Asus Windows RT tablet, I am loving it however I was struck by the lack of apps that I had on my older Android tablet. For instance, Paypal is not there, Google apps are not there, Angry Birds isn't there, Need for Speed games, and many more apps that I loved aren't in the Windows store. I can use Internet Explorer to do a lot of what is missing in terms of apps, but it is slight disappointing.  Windows RT is great but its lacking in a lot of apps that are in Android. If there is anyone out there reading this from Microsoft, please pushing Android/iOS developers to make apps for Windows RT/8 as well.

PS

A modern calculator app would be very helpful.

They are coming up soon...

you can go to store and find caluclator app ... there are free/paid version apps...

There is the preinstalled Windows modern apps, like mail, calendar, bing maps, music, videos, outlook, weather, IE, finance, which are great, but I'd like to have some of the Google apps like YouTube and gmail also. Android had a lack of apps in its beginning, hopefully over time, there will be a influx of more mainstream apps available.

More apps will show up once 8.1 is GA as it also brings a number of new APIs for developers to use.   This should mean that apps made for 8.1 in mind are also more feature rich and overall better.   Look at the new mail app for 8.1 for example, I doubt they could do it for 8.0 because it doesn't have the new APIs or updated ones.

Google needs a chrome app (priority) and other Google apps.

Needs more game apps.

Needs more education apps.

Needs something like iBooks interactive textbooks and iTunes U.

Sound recorder and calculator is coming.

Also they need to update the cut the rope and other games to add more levels.

It would be very nice if Microsoft could re-include the Windows Media Player desktop app on Windows RT.  The Xbox music app is nice, but no where near equals what Windows Media Player has in features.

Don't get you hopes up for those Google apps, it seems that they really do not want to support the Modern environment from MS 

Google needs a chrome app (priority) and other Google apps.

Needs more game apps.

Needs more education apps.

Needs something like iBooks interactive textbooks and iTunes U.

Sound recorder and calculator is coming.

Also they need to update the cut the rope and other games to add more levels.

They have a "Office Reader" app in the works, there's some leaked info out on it.  It's going to let you place all the documents and even books from B&N supposedly, that you want to read in it like one central bookstore for you.   The whole B&N Nook deal MS did was specifically to get access to their textbooks and other educational content that B&N has which MS does not.  So we'll start to see that coming to the forefront soon.

What exactly do you expect them to do?

Maybe Microsoft could offer some special deal for developers in terms of profits.

there are a few angry birds in there(space,star wars), maybe star wars 2 dont remember. As for racing,i didnt see need for speed, but there were a few other car games like asphalt 7 and drift mania championship. probably the reason some of those games you are looking for are older,so some devs may not backport, but they could be including their newest games. Gameloft has commented that they are going to start having same day releases as other platforms, for example.

Yes... give them some time before they get the apps out to the store.

Give them some time?  It's been out for almost a year, and the Preview was out for a year before that.  How long to expect them to have?

I do hope they get some more "big name" apps.  Flipboard in particular, but several others.

Give them some time?  It's been out for almost a year, and the Preview was out for a year before that.  How long to expect them to have?

I do hope they get some more "big name" apps.  Flipboard in particular, but several others.

I think we'll see a nice batch of official apps when 8.1 goes GA, we know about flipboard and also a Facebook app as well, so we should expect some others and updates to the current ones.    As far as other things like games and such, well, if you're a developer and you already started in WP and you hear that they're going to unify the development and stores into one you might want to hold off.

If MS does it right we could be able to run WP apps on Windows RT/8.1 or probably 8.2, and if all you need is to do a simple recompile or some minor tweaking to your app then that could be better for you instead of porting it now.   Either way, I expect a boost of good apps with 8.1 hitting the market.

How long do you think they develop the apps in programming-wise? It could take hours or days or weeks depends their features/whatever they use in their apps.. and don't forget the agreements/contracts... and data/images permission approval ...   if you create apps without permission, you get in trouble and you may get sued for this.

plus it may take a day or so for the store to approve the apps before they are placed on store for all of us to get/buy.

And some companies may not like each others.. for example, apple vs samsung... or google vs microsoft... that's why the apps might not be here at all even you want them on your surface like you have the apps on android device.

I was a programmer in the past...  but I got my development tools out and test the app out for Windows 8 when the developer preview came out.    I made one app and took me a few days because I had errands to run... which means I had to work on app a few hours a time each day depending the features or programming.

Should have not gotten an RT, that was a mistake, should have gotten a Surface Pro, might have more options, too much of a niche and 8.1 may or may not help in the long run

Windows rt works great with the exception that legacy windows program are incompatible. It may be a niche but I find having the full desktop plus the modern apps makes it better than the iPad and android combined. Android doesn't offer the amount of in depth settings and features that windows Rt offers, especially the windows file manager. I love my Asus vivo Rt tablet so far. Windows Rt just needs more adoption time and better marketing.

Should have not gotten an RT, that was a mistake, should have gotten a Surface Pro, might have more options, too much of a niche and 8.1 may or may not help in the long run

Um, Lone Chicken, did you even look in the Store?

Angry Birds Star Wars and Space are both in the store.

And have you given Calculator2 a try?