Is Windows 8.1 going to be available for Windows RT?

Just wondering since I got a Tablet today with RT. Surface 1st Generation

Just wondering since I got a Tablet today with RT. Surface 1st Generation

Yeap, October 18 (or 17 depending where you leave).

Will be available as a free upgrade from the Windows Store.

Cool. So I guess it will download from Windows update then?

Cool. So I guess it will download from Windows update then?

Nope, Windows Store.

I was late... LOL!!!

Answered above...

Windows RT 8.1 will be delivered through the Windows Store. You'll receive a notification that an update is available, and a link to take you to download it. It'll download and install, and afterwards, you should have an updated OS with all your documents and apps still in place.

You'll get a copy of outlook as part of the upgrade.

Should be a lot better than the current mail client >.<

I also hear it includes the desktop version :o

Wow OK thanks for letting me know. I appreciate it.

I have to admit for being someone against Windows 8 and I still love my Windows 7 for desktop for a tablet experience 8 is not too bad. I was able to this time find my way around better than before and even added a Hotmail account as my Microsoft account.

For Desktop Windows 7 is still best but for Tablet I can see the benefits of 8 and now with 8.1 it should better. I wish the tiles where not the boring static colors. If they were more 3D or embossed like and more animated for me personally would be aesthetically pleasing.

I do have a question about apps. Is there a Facebook app yet? What about alternate browsers? Not a big fan of METRO IE. It seems Chrome or Firefox can't be installed :(

I do have a question about apps. Is there a Facebook app yet? What about alternate browsers? Not a big fan of METRO IE. It seems Chrome or Firefox can't be installed :(

Welcome to the world of Windows RT on ARM CPU.  You can't run x86 apps.  And both Google and Mozilla are late to the Modern App party (like so many other developpers).

But you do have desktop Internet Explorer, so all Website should work even better than apps.

The biggest problem for me with RT is the game selection, if you compare with iOS or Android.  Where is Electronic Art? Where is... everybody?