Mcdonalds Mighty Wings are surprisingly great

I was at McDonalds and decided to try the new Mighty Wings. I was very surprised how great they were and tasted like chicken wings from a decent restaurant. The Mighty Wings tasted fresh, were hot, and had a nice spicy kick to them.  Has anyone tried the new mighty wings yet? If not, I highly recommend them.

20120821-219555-mcdonalds-mighty-wings-s

I give thanks to chickens for their food they provide. :laugh: I was pretty shocked how good the wings were, especially for Mcdonalds

great winds should be BAKED with homemade sauce !   this mass production deep fry with cheap ass veggie oil (if you are lucky) does not cut it.

anything MC D does cannot be great, by default. While they are getting better (and nowadays i actually grab a thing or two from there...)  you gotta be High to call them great (hmmm... mr chicken... i am looking at you)

I have had chicken wings at real restaurants, and these were surprisingly just as good. They are in fact real chicken wings. It didn't even taste anything like McDonalds like food.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/09/30/227812739/sandwich-monday-mcdonalds-mighty-wings

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/money/consumer/dont_waste_your_money/mcdonalds-mighty-wings-taste-test1380800572710

I have had chicken wings at real restaurants, and these were surprisingly just as good. They are in fact real chicken wings. It didn't even taste anything like McDonalds like food.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/09/30/227812739/sandwich-monday-mcdonalds-mighty-wings

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/money/consumer/dont_waste_your_money/mcdonalds-mighty-wings-taste-test1380800572710

my point is that major restarant chains serve crap as well... and the only real way to enjoy it is to cook them yourself or find a place that bakes (not deep fries) them

however i see your point, and i do buy wings from take outs once in a while.    so i will certainly give them a go, as my guilty pleasure, rather then buying them from a bar/pub.

hopefully the price will be better and the quality willl be same.

I tried them a couple days after seeing them advertised at my local Mcd's.  They barely had any meat on so I was disappointed.  Maybe I got a bad batch I'll probably give them one more test.

• 4 weeks later...

great winds should be BAKED with homemade sauce !  

Sorry as someone who lives in Buffalo works less than 10 minutes away from the Anchor Bar (if you hit all the lights) and lives at Duff's during the NHL season. wings should not be baked, they are not bad but real wings must be deep fried. Also must use Blue Cheese not ranch. Now if you use a homemade marinade or sauce that part I like.

I have yet to try wings from MCD's but I have my reservations and think this will be jettisoned from the menu fairly quickly. I think Wings and McDonalds is not one of the places that comes up.

Do they have bones? I've been thinking about trying them just out of curiosity.

Also, I will add that McDonald's' (two apostrophes?) McWraps are also better than I expected. The Chicken and Ranch had cucumbers and a variety of leafy greens.

Can't say that I've tried them nor am I likely too as I don't want to pay the premium they charge. For those that have them in their cities (I'm pretty sure it's US only) Buffalo Wild Wings are awesome and cheaper than Mcdonald's.

Can't say that I've tried them nor am I likely too as I don't want to pay the premium they charge. For those that have them in their cities (I'm pretty sure it's US only) Buffalo Wild Wings are awesome and cheaper than Mcdonald's.

Buffalo Wild Wings are definitely the bomb. Beats everything else around.

I've had them twice so far, the first time wasn't that great to be honest (very little meat, extremely greasy) but the second time I had them they were terrific (from McD's!?!?) with tons of meat and very little grease (and quite spicy actually).

Very surprised how good they were to be honest. Wasn't expecting much of course. Also, a 10 piece, which if you are a big wing eater you know, that's not enough...is quite expensive.

And yes, the McWraps are realllllly good. Especially the crispy ones. That new Southwest whatever it's called is really tasty. Though I could do without the tortilla chips in there. The wrap they use is amazingly good (normally) and the sandwich is quite large every time. Very impressed with that one McD's.

We just got one built around here. I've been meaning to give them a try and I'll have to try a little harder now.