Gravity is A MUST SEE MASTERPIECE!

Directing, Acting, Special Effects, Soundtrack, Suspense Factor, Plot, Themes, Use of IMAX, Use of 3D ... GOD EVERYTHING IS SPECTACULAR!!!

A lof of big directors have to learn something from Alfonso Cuar?n here, if more movies are like this, I am gonna be an extremely happy moviegoer for sure!

• Like 2

Yeah, saw it 2 days ago.       It is very very fun to watch, and is full of emotions and adrenaline all the way through.

Acting is surprisingly good.   

The way filming was done was revolutionary.

Soundtrack (and use of effects) was spectacular .  

Film of the year for me! and the best space film ever made.

highly recommended to watch in IMAX or UltraAVX.

At lot of people thought it was good, apparently. 

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/10/06/gravity-soars-to-top-weekend-box-office/

The Sandra Bullock-George Clooney space drama "Gravity" rocketed to the top of the box office and into industry record books during its opening weekend.

The Warner Bros. adventure debuted with $55.55 million in North American ticket sales, according to studio estimates Sunday ? the biggest October opening ever and the biggest openings for Bullock and Clooney. The film also dominated the international box office, adding another $27.4 million overseas.

Yeah, saw it 2 days ago.       It is very very fun to watch, and is full of emotions and adrenaline all the way through.

Acting is surprisingly good.   

The way filming was done was revolutionary.

Soundtrack (and use of effects) was spectacular .  

Film of the year for me! and the best space film ever made.

Best space film? '2001 - A Space Odyssey' would like to have a word with you.

• Like 2

2001 is boring compared to Gravity.

Gravity is anything but boring, unless you have ADD or something

People whose live is in danger for almost EVERY second of the movie, I can not see how that is considered boring.

• Like 1

2001 is boring compared to Gravity.

Gravity is anything but boring, unless you have ADD or something

People whose live is in danger for almost EVERY second of the movie, I can not see how that is considered boring.

So are the people in the last twilight movie.. but I still consider it boring.  

Well, that's cuz the actors suck! Kristin Stewart has no emotional range whatsoever! Watching her act is torture!

Not this movie, Sandra Bullock gave BEST ACTRESS performance!

• Like 1

In your opinion, for me yeah it looks good but I am not really pushing myself to see it

It was just a glorified boring, with zero realism movie.

boring???   anything but :)

also, the only thing that was not real, is that the 2 space stations were so close together, and that the orbit match with satelites orbit!   yes.

but it was needed for the plot.     the actual zero gravity movements of objects and space station / soyuz  in and out were pretty close.

having researched the filming process they used i am even more impressed.

Really? Thought she was good in THE NET years ago...  not much in the rest of the movies since then.

now i have to see THE NET.     yeah, of all movies i have seen with her, this is the one that really stood out.  i could really believe her performance!   impressive.   

I can't wait to see this. The reviews being aggregated on MRQE are some of the highest overall I've ever seen. 

I am pretty much in absolute agreement with the OP.
A truly amazing film.

I also think it takes the crown from 2001: A Space Odyssey for best space based movie.

The way I have been describing it to people is imagine an actual IMAX Documentary about space, if you have seen their Hubble one you will know what I am talking about. So imagine that with what is no doubt one of the most amazing continuous shots ever made in the history of cinema for the opening 15 minutes, and then absolutely everything going wrong that possibly can go wrong going wrong.

I have only read about how the film was made. As soon as I can preorder the BluRay I will do so, as I MUST see how it was made. It is that visually impressive and stunning.

There is no doubt at all in my mind that it will go down as one of the greatest achievements of film making ever, especially up until this point in time.

• Like 1

A truly amazing film.

I also think it takes the crown from 2001: A Space Odyssey for best space based movie.

The way I have been describing it to people is imagine an actual IMAX Documentary about space, if you have seen their Hubble one you will know what I am talking about. So imagine that with what is no doubt one of the most amazing continuous shots ever made in the history of cinema for the opening 15 minutes, and then absolutely everything going wrong that possibly can go wrong going wrong.

I have only read about how the film was made. As soon as I can preorder the BluRay I will do so, as I MUST see how it was made. It is that visually impressive and stunning.

There is no doubt at all in my mind that it will go down as one of the greatest achievements of film making ever, especially up until this point in time.

As I understand it basically *everything* is CGI when they're out in space, apart from their faces..? 

• 3 weeks later...

It had some moments that might have been corny , but it was just so well crafted and exciting to watch, and truly a breath of fresh air that I have to say it met my pretty great expectations. (y)

Now I've gotta watch it.

A truly amazing film.

I agree, it was a very good film. I really enjoyed it. However, I can't compare it to 2001 because that movie was made in a different era. If 2001 could be made today with all the advances in special effects it would be a very different film. 

I agree, it was a very good film. I really enjoyed it. However, I can't compare it to 2001 because that movie was made in a different era. If 2001 could be made today with all the advances in special effects it would be a very different film. 

That is right... not same technology between those movies.