• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 panacea

panacea

technical cannibal

• 6,054 posts
  • Phone: htc one

Posted 08 October 2013 - 13:00

all i could hear was uhmmm uhmmmm uhmmmm, record for most uhmmmm's in any video i have ever seen

uhmmmmm   yeah

#17 blerk

blerk

Neowinian

• 631 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 13:04

Isn't it nice for MS that YouTube accounts now encourage users to use their real names. Makes for much easier identification of the leakers...  :pinch:

#18 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,180 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 13:27

Very off topic but...

Maybe others knew this but.. Seriously, batteries for the controller!? So MS are jumping around shouting how they have done extensive testing with a million/billion button presses or whatever number they quoted and they are still shipping it with a set of Duracell!

Maybe I'm focusing on the minor points here but this is a massive disappointment to me. Maybe i was lucky but the Sony controllers had excellent battery life that never seemed to decay in terms of holding a charge over the time I had them, yet MS still feel its OK to ship with these? If you want to spend time "refining" the controller maybe they should be looking at the thing that really matters - its power source!

#19 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,417 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 13:29

Very off topic but...

Maybe others knew this but.. Seriously, batteries for the controller!? So MS are jumping around shouting how they have done extensive testing with a million/billion button presses or whatever number they quoted and they are still shipping it with a set of Duracell!

Maybe I'm focusing on the minor points here but this is a massive disappointment to me. Maybe i was lucky but the Sony controllers had excellent battery life that never seemed to decay in terms of holding a charge over the time I had them, yet MS still feel its OK to ship with these? If you want to spend time "refining" the controller maybe they should be looking at the thing that really matters - its power source!

But making you buy a play and charge kit will make them money money money!!

#20 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 15,850 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1

Posted 08 October 2013 - 13:30

it would actually be rather funny if Microsoft banned the device from live :p

#21 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,353 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 13:34

I didn't know that. I mean, I knew it about the controllers on the 360, but I just assumed that the new Xbox controllers would come with rechargeable batteries. How bizarre. :/

#22 +sanke1

sanke1

• 2,877 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 13:41

aaaaaa...uuummmmmm...aaaaaaaa..hmmmmm.aaaaaaa X ^

That's what I heard from that video.  :woot:

#23 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,180 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 13:47

But making you buy a play and charge kit will make them money money money!!

I don't think MS are as anti-consumer as that to create ways to make more money when their competitors are doing something that puts them out on top. 

I didn't know that. I mean, I knew it about the controllers on the 360, but I just assumed that the new Xbox controllers would come with rechargeable batteries. How bizarre. :/

Yep, maybe I was wrong  to assume, but i did assume it would make a step forward and go fully integrated like the PS3

#24 Snake89

Snake89

Neowinian

• 767 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 13:52

MS removing this video is kinda stupid. Unless MS doesn't like free marketing.

#25 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 7,995 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 08 October 2013 - 13:55

Dam you rich people!!! all good im waiting for my PS4.

Even if I were rich I wouldn't get an XBone, I too am waiting for my PS4.

#26 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 14:08

I knew he shouldn't have opened it early, and he shouldn't have videoed it, but I'm glad he did. 

#27 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 08 October 2013 - 14:16

"Leaked" 

#28 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,648 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 09 October 2013 - 00:10

I don't see how microsoft has any place to be "unhappy" about it since they obviously let that console out way early in the first place.

Because they probably gave it to an employee with strict instructions not to post anything online / print about it. A lot of companies do that with software / hardware.

For example, Blizzard runs a friends and family beta for all their games. Those people get access to it well before any closed / open beta and it comes with very strict instructions saying that you aren't allowed to talk about it at all.

Um my PS3 controller has definitely lost quite a lot of it's battery life (128gb ps3 slim). I wouldn't know about how the rechargable 360 controllers are like because I don't have one. Simple ole wired for me.

#29 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,124 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 00:34

Steve Ballmer is on the way to confiscate the Xbox. :ninja:

#30 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,180 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:27

Because they probably gave it to an employee with strict instructions not to post anything online / print about it. A lot of companies do that with software / hardware.

For example, Blizzard runs a friends and family beta for all their games. Those people get access to it well before any closed / open beta and it comes with very strict instructions saying that you aren't allowed to talk about it at all.

Um my PS3 controller has definitely lost quite a lot of it's battery life (128gb ps3 slim). I wouldn't know about how the rechargable 360 controllers are like because I don't have one. Simple ole wired for me.

Maybe I was lucky with the PS3, the rechargeable packs for 360 I bought barely lasted a year or two before starting to loose its charge.