Win 8.1 + BF4

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:40

It's open to other vendors, in that other vendors can design their cards around the AMD platform, Nvidia can't go and change Mantle to have it work with their cards and have AMD take those changes and apply them.

If you generalise the API to work with any underlying video card, then congrats, you've just re-created OpenGL/Direct3D.

#17 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:58

It's open to other vendors, in that other vendors can design their cards around the AMD platform, Nvidia can't go and change Mantle to have it work with their cards and have AMD take those changes and apply them.

If you generalise the API to work with any underlying video card, then congrats, you've just re-created OpenGL/Direct3D.

You don't have to generalize it to every card, but if it's relying on specific features then NV can either add them or may already have them.

Until we know more details about it there's too little information out there to say, and that sounds like mid November.

#18 max0r

max0r

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 27 October 2013 - 18:51

i'm sure upgrades and new drivers will follow for the windows 8.1 very soon !

#19 +riahc3

riahc3

Neowin's most indecisive member

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: HTC Desire Z

Posted 27 October 2013 - 19:12

Hello,

Personally I cant read or understand what the OP said. Its very difficult to read.

Was he talking about BF4 being written to preform better under W8.1 with its DX APIs?

#20 McKay

McKay

Grossly Incandescent.

• Phone: Galaxy Note 3

Posted 27 October 2013 - 19:17

Hello,

Personally I cant read or understand what the OP said. Its very difficult to read.

Was he talking about BF4 being written to preform better under W8.1 with its DX APIs?

I think he's getting at the fact that DICE had some input into DX11.1, so it was optimized for BF4. As a result of this, BF4 performs better in Windows 8 than it does in 7, and was the lead OS version. 8.1 won't make a difference over 8 though.

#21 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 20
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 27 October 2013 - 19:19

Moved to Computer Gaming

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!