38 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

Exactly. If you drink water before and after (best during but noone really does this), it can save you a hangover.

i always drink a bunch of water while drinking alcohol. i always have a glass of water nearby, or drink a glass of water in between cocktails. While the water certainly helps a lot, it certainly doesnt rid me of a hangover the next day.

and, usually, the next morning i'll want to eat the sh*t out of some McD's breakfast. gd that stuff is delicious when i have a hangover. :laugh:

Posted

A hangover is many things.  Your brain swells, you are dehydrated, you lack potassium.

As such, add a banana to the mix mentioned and we're onto a winner.  But I hate bananas so...

tons of other foods have a lot of potassium. find something you like, and take a multivitamin while youre at it.

Posted

A hangover is many things.  Your brain swells, you are dehydrated, you lack potassium.

As such, add a banana to the mix mentioned and we're onto a winner.  But I hate bananas so...

This is why I do the coconut water--loads of potassium.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't drink myself but my friends that do say they drink water before going to bed and it works great.

Posted

(warning: milk before alcohol = poison; milk after alcohol = cure)

There is no way that I will ever try this. Sounds horrible.

Posted

Drinking water after alky makes me even worse. I have to have drink that tastes or I get this acidy ouch in my throat. 

add a teaspoon of baking soda to your water,   works like magic to get rid of the acid burn.     it tastes weird, but it really works!  and you really dont want to have acid burn!

coconut water is an acquired taste,   but it works magic for re hydration. 

lots and lots of water before bed!   force yourself.

stay away from painkillers, and if you take one take iboprufen or aspitin....  and  NOT Tylenol (paracetamol), to save your liver.  and take it in the morning, not before bed when you are still drunk!

Posted

not really sure why people are always looking for a mystical cure for the "hangover" they have known for a Very long time the cause and its simple dehydration, just keep hydrated and it will go away quickly if not never happen at all so long as you drink a lot of water prior to and after drinking anyway.

Or just be like me and dont drink alcohol :p

Posted

add a teaspoon of baking soda to your water,   works like magic to get rid of the acid burn.     it tastes weird, but it really works!  and you really dont want to have acid burn!

coconut water is an acquired taste,   but it works magic for re hydration. 

lots and lots of water before bed!   force yourself.

stay away from painkillers, and if you take one take iboprufen or aspitin....  and  NOT Tylenol (paracetamol), to save your liver.  and take it in the morning, not before bed when you are still drunk!

+1 for backing soda to water getting rid of acid burn.  Works for me.

Posted

I'll try the baking soda.

2 people like this

Posted

^ she won't try it...

only-accepts-pizza---imgur.gif

And while she's drunk:

1369936433_cat_cripwalks_off_the_counter

:p

5 people like this

Posted

painkillers b4 bed works best for me with a glass of milk 

Posted

As alcohol is a diuretic it dries your body out,it also makes you kidneys wok harder than normal trying to remove the alcohol from your blood stream,

So water or any easily digestible fluid is good for you and the effervescence in fizzy drinks makes it absorbed quicker [think alka seltzer] as for the other suggestions I suppose any extra vitamins or fibre is always good for the soul :D.