crazy people

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#91 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,250 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:17

You're confusing the topic. The education in Italy is for violence and murder.

Before they become rapists and/or murderers, yes I do think that children can be given the tools that they might not already posses to not kill or rape when they otherwise might have when they grow up.

So you're saying that women shouldn't let friends into their home, or go on dates, or ever be alone with a man other than their brother, or father, or husband. Those are the only precautions a woman could take to avoid most rapes, and they sound exactly like the rape culture of the middle east.

'but you're encouraging women not to take steps to reduce their chances of being victimized based entirely on the really dumb idea that violent rapist ****s can simply be educated out of being violent rapist ****s.'

fixed to make it on-topic.

#92 thomastmc

thomastmc

Unofficial Attorney of Neowin

• 1,329 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 928

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:51

'but you're encouraging women not to take steps to reduce their chances of being victimized based entirely on the really dumb idea that violent rapist ****s can simply be educated out of being violent rapist ****s.'

fixed to make it on-topic.

Yes, I don't put much weight in the Taliban explanation of why rapes occur, as you do. I also don't blame the victim, as you do.

You're more interesting when you're trying to explain why misogyny has nothing to do with rape because men are the primary victims of rape if you include prison rape :)

#93 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,250 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 13:18

Yes, I don't put much weight in the Taliban explanation of why rapes occur, as you do. I also don't blame the victim, as you do.

You're more interesting when you're trying to explain why misogyny has nothing to do with rape because men are the primary victims of rape if you include prison rape :)

are you going to actually address any of the statistics, sources, or points i make or are you going to side step them all to make make emotional arguments based on hyperbole?

#94 thomastmc

thomastmc

Unofficial Attorney of Neowin

• 1,329 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 928

Posted 10 October 2013 - 14:34

are you going to actually address any of the statistics, sources, or points i make or are you going to side step them all to make make emotional arguments based on hyperbole?

Emotional arguments and hyperbole :)

I've posted more sources and statistics in this thread than everyone else combined, you've ignored all of them.

All you've proven with all of your statistics and sources is that men are raping men in prison. Men actually rape men in prison, you cracked that wide open. Who'd have ever thought that happens?

Oh, and women sometimes rape too, mind blowing. The only reason you're even making that point is to shift the blame for rape in society from men to women equally. Its both logically and morally perverse.

What would impress me is if you could show that male prisoners choose who they'll rape by how sexy they dress :)

Your point is pretty one dimensional, most women get raped because they put themselves in dangerous situations and wear skirts, or shorts, or something attractive. Also, that women who wear skirts or shorts or something attractive are responsible if they get raped. Its not only wrong, its an extremely disturbing view, and it is the same view as the Taliban.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. You can use facts to make your point, but that doesn't make up for your point being irrational in the larger context of this topic. You're as wrong as I've ever seen anyone be. You are the real life Borat or Kenny Powers I've mentioned before in this topic.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!