New Fox Show Canceled Before It Even Aired

i80h.png

Fox has put the cuffs on Murder Police. The animated comedy, which had been picked up for 13 episodes, won't air on the network after all. Instead, producer 20th Century Fox TV plans to shop the show to cable.

According to insiders, Fox execs were not happy with early cuts of the show, which is why Murder Police lost a spot on Fox's 2013-14 schedule. Now the studio will try to find a new home for the series once more complete episodes are available to screen for potential buyers.

Murder Police centers on an inept detective and his co-workers. Phil Lamarr (Futurama) voices undercover cop Donel, and Jane Lynch plays Justice, a detective and working mother.  Will Sasso (MadTV), Chi McBride (Human Target), Peter Atencio (Key and Peele), Justina Machado (Welcome to the Family) and Jason Ruiz also star.

Ruiz co-created Murder Police with David A. Goodman (Family Guy), who also executive-produces and serves as showrunner.

Fox's decision to pull Murder Police comes as its Sunday night "Animation Domination" lineup undergoes another evolution. The network just ordered a 26th season of The Simpsons and a fifth season of Bob's Burgers, but American Dad will move to TBS after this season. Fox has several more animated series currently in development.

Murder Police joins an illustrious list of shows that Fox announced but canceled without airing a single episode, including The Grubbs, Hollyweird, Manchester Prep, The Ortegas, Our Little Genius, Rewind, Schimmel, Septuplets, Still Life and When Women Rule the World. Last year, NBC's Next Caller and CBS' Friend Me never made it to air.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Fox-Murder-Police-Cable-1071812.aspx

American Dad is way better than Bob's Burgers. (and the Simpsons for that matter) Yet another great show failed by idiotic Fox executives.

I never even heard of Murder Police, so the news of them possibly moving to another network (or dying all together) doesn't bother me.

Surprised they don't put it on FX or FXX and air after Archer.

American Dad is way better than Bob's Burgers. (and the Simpsons for that matter) Yet another great show failed by idiotic Fox executives.

I never even heard of Murder Police, so the news of them possibly moving to another network (or dying all together) doesn't bother me.

while i agree that AD should stay on Fox, it also is in its 9th season. not too shabby, right?

American Dad is good but I'd have to say I prefer both Bob's Burgers and The Simpsons (currently, not based on earlier seasons).

Murder Police joins an illustrious list of shows that Fox announced but canceled without airing a single episode, including The Grubbs, Hollyweird, Manchester Prep, The Ortegas, Our Little Genius, Rewind, Schimmel, Septuplets, Still Life and When Women Rule the World. Last year, NBC's Next Caller and CBS' Friend Me never made it to air.

If they can't do any better than that maybe they need to cancel themselves.