Poll: What version of Windows do you currently use?

Windows Version  

233 members have voted

1. 1. What Version of Windows are you currently using as your main OS?

• Windows 8 and/or RT
    • Windows 7
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows XP
    • Other (specify in comments)

Interesting the level of hate comments that people have for 8, yet it leads the poll... is it that people that hate 8 don't vote, or that they are a vocal minority, or is it that they hate it, but secretly use it.

Or maybe I am reading too much into stuff.

I have 4x booting system

windows xp

ubuntu

windows 7

windows 8.1 default

been having issue where there a delay before the boot menu comes up to choice system.

Windows 8 on my desktop all-in-one, Windows 8.1 Preview on my tablet... very productive on both without needing any ridiculous start menu/shell replacement programs.

Previously, I have Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8.1 RTM installed but I dropped Windows 7 and used the space for storing files. The current configuration is Windows XP and Windows 8.1 RTM

As for the main OS being used, most of the time I use Windows 8.1 RTM because it is more secure OOBE, but I still work with Windows XP since I still have some legacy programs that does not work properly with Windows NT 6.x OS.

Just do a google search and you'll see that there is a workaround to install Windows 8.1 RTM over Windows 8.1 Preview without needing to reinstall programs.

You can, but'll need to reinstall all of your apps (desktop apps too).

If you want to use Windows 8.x, you can just install Classic Shell [free] or StartIsBack [paid] to make it work as if it is Windows 7 and older versions of Windows.

Windows 7. Cause it's the obvious choice if what you're using is a desktop and not a tablet.

The people who have voted might be different from the people who have commented.

Interesting the level of hate comments that people have for 8, yet it leads the poll... is it that people that hate 8 don't vote, or that they are a vocal minority, or is it that they hate it, but secretly use it.

Or maybe I am reading too much into stuff.

Windows 8 on all 3 PCs, I see no need to downgrade to XP or Win 7

Use 7 in my work PC and have to  support XP and 7, it's painful to deal with XP anymore and 7 is also getting on my nerves

Going to try and get work to let me in on the Windows 8.1 testing that's been going on but doubt they'll they'll let lowly support rep in at the moment :(

Windows 8.1 on all 3 laptops and also Windows Server 2012 R2 (virtual machines) plus a few Windows 7 virtual machines for legacy projects. Each time I use one of these it boggles my mind why people complain so much about the ancient start menu - I would trade that any day just for the right-click power user menu alone.

Windows 2012, so I voted Windows 8. It's the ultimate in efficiency and productivity so why not.

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 RTM (primary), but have 2012R2 (secondary), OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (tertiary), and OS X 10.9 (Mavericks GM/quaternary) in reserve. (Note that all are x64.)

Once I get a "proper" CPU and mobo, I'll next be working on GPU/HDD upgrades for all the non-primary OSes (any GPU choice must be supported by all four).  Only some AMD and nVidia GPUs meet THAT criteria - still even that list only leaves out the extreme low end.

I have 8 on my main desktop waiting for 8.1 GA, have 8.1 preview on my tablet also waiting to be upgraded to RTM on the 18th.  I have an old HP netbook with Win7 but I gave that to my mom to use so it'll stay as it is.  Also an old Vista PC that I use from time to time but not enough to justify paying to upgrade it to 8.1.  If MS had ran another $40 promo for 8.1 like they did for 8.0 I would think about it though.

At home Windows 8

At work mainly Windows 7, but also Windows XP.  A few server OS's as well, but don't really "use" them, they are just running.