Xbox 360 controller to pc

So I'm trying to hook up my xbox 360 controller to my pc to play a couple of games, but the computer won't recognize it. I installed the driver for it, but I found the issue to be a USB error. It says that it is an old device and that I should connect to a usb 2.0, but my computer only has usb 3.0 drivers in it. I checked for updates for these drivers and tried again, but nothing. Any suggestions?

the official xbox 360 controllers have a bug where they don't always like to work correctly on usb 3

i guess MS hasn't released an updated driver to fix the issue yet

i remember seeing a workaround a while back when usb 3 came out but i can't seem to remember what it consisted of or where i saw it atm

I would uninstall whatever drivers you installed, as I believe those are causing the issue.

Especially since it is an MS device, the computer should auto detect it, and install the appropriate drivers to get it recognized by the computer.

Once that happens, you can try installing additional drivers (if needed), but it should be recognized without installing any drivers.

What version of Windows are you running?