• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,013 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 12 October 2013 - 00:24

unfortunately, $6000 25 years ago isn't the same as $6000 in 2013.

According to the inflation calculator $6000 then is worth $10940 now. so still really cheap lol.

#17 blerk

blerk

Banned User

• 682 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 00:48

unfortunately, $6000 25 years ago isn't the same as $6000 in 2013.

Even accounting for inflation, I don't think $6000 is that much..?

Edit: just saw the post above this - $10,940? Hell I'd happily pay that much for that acreage :D

(Though I guess the land is now worth much more than $10K :p )

#18 NightScreams

NightScreams

Neowinian

• 262 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 00:53

With that kind of money, I would have just purchased several thousand acres somewhere far out and build a great wall like no one has ever seen and hire a security team. Although I don't see the big deal here and it's almost ironic in a way.

#19 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,218 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:04

I've heard but can't confirm that I heard CIA money went into zuckerbergs monolith Facebook as a means of keeping tabs on people

#20 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:40

Kind of funny that Mr. Facebook wants privacy.

I guess he should know how we feel. 

#21 grik

grik

Neowinian

• 805 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:45

Removing Privacy on Facebook, and buying his own on Real Life.

Clever move, the change on FB privacy will pay all that and plenty more in 1 month. Zuk feels, acts and just smells...a very sad person. He is a Billionaire that will leave for ever tormented by his start. I hope im wrong on this, happiness is what i wish to all, but this fellow as a big karma on his back, i don't think he is that clever and i think he knows that too. He made a good move on the very start of his career, made him billionaire but not happy.

Facebook eventually will perish, this privacy moves will be the end of it, but his fortune will remain for sure.

#22 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,304 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:35

Really? Does this mean they're finally going to put a gun to my head and force me to create a Facebook account?

No, but it might annoy those of us who created Facebook accounts with an understanding that we can remain private to all but friends. 

Seems unreasonable to change such a long-established feature. 

#23 NightScreams

NightScreams

Neowinian

• 262 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:42

grik, on 11 Oct 2013 - 21:45, said:

Removing Privacy on Facebook, and buying his own on Real Life.

Clever move, the change on FB privacy will pay all that and plenty more in 1 month. Zuk feels, acts and just smells...a very sad person. He is a Billionaire that will leave for ever tormented by his start. I hope im wrong on this, happiness is what i wish to all, but this fellow as a big karma on his back, i don't think he is that clever and i think he knows that too. He made a good move on the very start of his career, made him billionaire but not happy.

Facebook eventually will perish, this privacy moves will be the end of it, but his fortune will remain for sure.

lol, no don't be daft. He's as happy as a woodpecker in a lumber yard. He just doesn't want jerks moving near him to use it as an exploit or gimmick, like a movie star doesn't want a paparazzi guy moving in next door.

#24 grik

grik

Neowinian

• 805 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 16:38

He doesnt seem happy person, and his project isnt a big deal, i dont see him as a happy person, i dont see any action from him that confirms that.

In fact recently some foreign dude hacked his facebook account, before hacking the account he tried to report the bug on FB support and got nothing, no nothing. Then to prove the bug he just hacked the owners profile: http://edition.cnn.c...hack/index.html

Do you know what Zuk did? nothing, he should be happy that the hacker didnt sold the bug to some corporation or something worst. Little moves that prove that he is a creep that caught the right moment to steal a good idea, he had the merit of expanding it. The privacy push will kill facebook just before we know.

He is greedy bastard, thats the main picture that everyone has of him. 

#25 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,632 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 17:31

Just what kind of sex orgies is Mark having ? :p

#26 sc302

sc302

Neowinian Senior

• 7,403 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 17:55

According to the inflation calculator $6000 then is worth $10940 now. so still really cheap lol.

Lets see....property value in my area in the 80s peaked around 25,000...pretty cheap.  Property value now, can't touch that same place for less than 350,000.  Inflation has not kept up with property value.