PETA's Pokemon Parody Battles Animal Abuse

Would you rather they play chess, Stratego, many team sports or other strategy games - almost all simulated human fighting/warfare? (especially US & Canadian football!)

You are too tied up in symbolism.

There's little symbolism in Pokemon. You ARE fighting animals against each other.  Besides which, the games are a rip off, being virtual clones of each other with just very minor tweaks here and there to try to justify them.

I guess you don't let your kids play much of anything since so many games simulate something.

I let them play plenty of games. Just not ones that veil what they're about in a cutesy set of clothes.

I didn't say it was true, just where it came from which.you didn't seem to register until now.

me too. i was not trying to give a historically accurate snopes confirmed history lesson in my earlier post. tugging gently on football fanatics' left legs is just a fortunate side effect. ;) it was the thought that counts :)

besides, everybody should eat more bacon, everything tastes better with bacon. and if it doesn't have bacon, add it with bacon jam.

lovely-package-eat-17-bacon-jam.jpg

As much as PETA are a bunch of whacko's, I've -always- clearly seen that Pok?mon is nothing but a cutesified version of animal fighting/baiting. I don't let my kids play it.

While the 21 year old version of me agrees that one could come to that conclusion about the game, ignoring the fact that Pokemon aren't all animal-like creatures. The 21 year old me also recalls that 8 year old me never came to that conclusion playing Pokemon, nor did the 9,10,11 or 12 year old me (grew out of it after that).

It seems your really over thinking these games, they're meant for kids who take them for what they are at surface level; cute avatars that you collect, take care of and battle. Not for being analyzed like a Kubrick film.

You're clearly blind, then.

No need to resort to rhetorical insults...

I guess you don't want your kids playing Mario either, 'cause you jump on turtles and get high off mushrooms. See the insane logic in that?

I see no point in continued discourse.  I have my view, you have yours. Neither of us will agree with the others view, so why bother to extend the discussion?