Xbox One vs PS4 controller

Actually he's more interested in posting stuff that slags the Xbox than stuff that's PS positive.

I can deal with that too, I mean it's nothing personal, right?

To me, it's an embarrassing show of butt hurt when people get so defensive that they attack.

You should be able to take it all in your stride, wouldn't you agree?

Attacking the guy is just weak, and shows that your sensibilities are fragile enough to be upset by his posts.

People need to man up, and rise above it (if there is anything to actually rise above), it's shameful and annoying. I don't want to see handbags at dawn every time he posts something.

I'm fairly sure he's more than capable of defending himself without others doing it for him :)

To me, it's an embarrassing show of butt hurt when people get so defensive that they attack.

That must be why AB is constantly attacking the Xbox One then. I'm sure there's a cream for that ;)

It appears that Sony has addressed 2major issues I've had with the Dual Shock.

1 it now has real triggers. And 2, the added some bulk to the controller. When playing PS3 games, my hands always touch and that drives me up a wall to no end. The space between the analog sticks look much much better. Well at least in the videos and pictures it looks better. Will have to wrap my sausage fingers around them fop, for final judgement.

Edit: 3rd major thing addressed, concave analog sticks. Thank you Sony. You just made Big Handed people very happy..

Both controllers are good and at the end of the day it will be down to user preference. There isn't a better or worse controller. Same with the consoles.

Which is basically word for word what the guy in the video said... :ermm:

Which is basically word for word what the guy in the video said... :ermm:

I think he said he preferred the PS4 pad towards the end.

My point was that it isn't a contest... there is no "vs". It is user preference.

I have used both, the PS4 pad is a massive improvement over the PS3 pad. They are starting to realise Japan isn't 99% of the market and the majority of gamers are men who have bigger hands. That said the improvement on what I thought was a perfect controller the 360 can be felt as well with the d-pad and even better triggers.

Either way they are both good improvements. Until Sony just gives in and moves the joystick on the PS but the xbox will continue to have the upper hand.

I think he said he preferred the PS4 pad towards the end.

My point was that it isn't a contest... there is no "vs". It is user preference.

What he preferred and the point he was trying to drive across are two different things though. You guys are saying the exact same thing lol.

@6:12: "...Of course this will vary from person to person, and all choices are valid because they're exactly that: PERSONAL PREFERENCES. And no amount of arguing can change a person's mind on what they feel is most comfortable to them."

personally I've never liked split controllers.  I prefer the PS controllers they feel more natural for me.  Glad to hear the DS4 is better than DS3 though I never had any issues with DS3.

Actually he's more interested in posting stuff that slags the Xbox than stuff that's PS positive. 

Well don't read his stuff then.  I could go on all day about how the xbone sucks and ps4 is much better.  I won't, because it's my personal opinion.. but if there was a thread for that.. i'd be all over it.

Well don't read his stuff then.  I could go on all day about how the xbone sucks and ps4 is much better.  I won't, because it's my personal opinion.. but if there was a thread for that.. i'd be all over it.

A good job you won't, referring to it using the childish derogatory term 'xbone' means few would take your opinions seriously. You're in the same category as those who refer to Microsoft as M$.

Edit: I have used a dollar sign above, but seems there's some kind of auto filter in place that's replaced it with an S :). Seems Neowin feels the same way about childish derogatory terms as I do ;)

• Like 3

Saying xbone is about as mature as saying POS4

A good job you won't, referring to it using the childish derogatory term 'xbone' means few would take your opinions seriously. You're in the same category as those who refer to Microsoft as MS.

Edit: I have used a dollar sign above, but seems there's some kind of auto filter in place that's replaced it with an S :). Seems Neowin feels the same way about childish derogatory terms as I do ;)

I do call Microsoft MS (with an s not a $)

Saying xbone is about as mature as saying POS4

I'm not sure how many times you need to be told.. maybe language barrier.. not sure.  There is no O between Play and Station.  If it was the Play Online Station 4 then POS4 would fit perfectly.  Could also call it the PStation4 or PSFours if you wanted.  Whereas with the X-Box One there is an X followed directly by a B then comes the One hence XBone.

I'm not sure how many times you need to be told.. maybe language barrier.. not sure. There is no O between Play and Station. If it was the Play Online Station 4 then POS4 would fit perfectly. Could also call it the PStation4 or PSFours if you wanted. Whereas with the X-Box One there is an X followed directly by a B then comes the One hence XBone.

You're doing it wrong if that's how you get XBone. Its Xbox, not XBox. Always has been. You don't get XBone out of that unless you're just trying to trash it. Xbox One much more easily and reasonably would be shortened to X1.

I'm not sure how many times you need to be told.. maybe language barrier.. not sure.  There is no O between Play and Station.  If it was the Play Online Station 4 then POS4 would fit perfectly.  Could also call it the PStation4 or PSFours if you wanted.  Whereas with the X-Box One there is an X followed directly by a B then comes the One hence XBone.

irrelevant, letters are commonly inserted into acronyms to make them pronounceable. hence saying PoS4 is as valid and more importantly as mature as xbone.

if you ware to say xbonx,e it's XBone or XBOne anyway, not xbone. 

and we all know you're not saying xbone because you think it's a valid acronym. it's because you you use it as a childish derogatory term. 

dead.cell, on 12 Oct 2013 - 20:49, said:

What he preferred and the point he was trying to drive across are two different things though. You guys are saying the exact same thing lol.

@6:12: "...Of course this will vary from person to person, and all choices are valid because they're exactly that: PERSONAL PREFERENCES. And no amount of arguing can change a person's mind on what they feel is most comfortable to them."

The thing is though, that people will actually buy a console just because of the controller. That seems to be a prevailing argument some have about either console. Even most 3rd party controllers for each system mimic the style of the intended console. Maybe there are not enough 360 style controllers for the PS3 and vice versa, but I have a Logitech for PC that actually allows you to pop out the section for the Dpad and left analogue and swap it around so it mimics both and a shame others never tried to do that as well. Unfortunately it seems most 3rd party controllers don't feel right, often too big or exaggerated curves. I think the PS4 gamepad has just enough changes for most people to use it without much complaint.

I remember when the best controllers for the hardcore crowd were the arcade sticks lol, but controllers in general were never something debated nearly as much as they are today.

The thing is though, that people will actually buy a console just because of the controller. That seems to be a prevailing argument some have about either console. Even most 3rd party controllers for each system mimic the style of the intended console. Maybe there are not enough 360 style controllers for the PS3 and vice versa, but I have a Logitech for PC that actually allows you to pop out the section for the Dpad and left analogue and swap it around so it mimics both and a shame others never tried to do that as well. Unfortunately it seems most 3rd party controllers don't feel right, often too big or exaggerated curves. I think the PS4 gamepad has just enough changes for most people to use it without much complaint.

I remember when the best controllers for the hardcore crowd were the arcade sticks lol, but controllers in general were never something debated nearly as much as they are today.

Pretty much. The controller will be the one thing that sits in your hand from start to finish, which is what makes it a bit more important than all the little details, as highlighted out in the video. The consoles have very similar offerings for the most part.

Third party controllers in general aren't that great really. I have one that is a PS3 controller that looks exactly like an Xbox 360 controller, but the shapes are off just enough to make it feel... inadequate by comparison to a real 360 controller. (not to mention the material) They usually aren't always the greatest in terms of durability, but I guess it depends on the manufacture. Either way, I don't want to resort to a third party at all this generation. From the sound of things, if someone could be swayed over from the 360/XBO camp just because of the controller, I feel at least comfortable in the fact that, whether or not I'll end up feeling the same way or not, both controllers will be amazing. :)

(also, are we really bitching about how one chooses to spell out the Xbox One name? Can't believe there are this many posts about this...)

(also, are we really bitching about how one chooses to spell out the Xbox One name? Can't believe there are this many posts about this...)

I wonder if they (Hryb too) realise the more they whinge and whine about it, the more people are going to use the phrase regardless.

Memetics 101 guys.

I love how the actual creator of the video can be ignored and people are more interested in me. Neowin lol.

God damn you for posting what seems like an unbiased reviewer, reviewing two controllers and coming up with an opinion that sides with the console you prefer, god damn you to hell  :rofl:

This doesn't slate the Xbox at all!!! Seriously the guy gives an honest opinion and says in the past he has prefered the 360 controller but feels Sony have really made some steps forward - this isn't the first time I have heard this either.

Seeing who posted this, i could've guessed the outcome of the video haha!

I didn't realise it was contest.

Both controllers are good and at the end of the day it will be down to user preference. There isn't a better or worse controller. Same with the consoles.

It isn't a contest, some people care about these things and want to know how they compare - it may even influence someone's decision on a console. The reviewer pretty much states right at the end that there is no better controller and that he is merely giving his opinion and that everyone is entitled to theirs? Or is it because of the poster you choose to ignore the fact that the video's author tries to be as un-biased and open as he can be so that a console comment war doesn't start!

Jesus people, stop looking for what isn't there!

ON TOPIC....

This isn't the first time I've heard that the PS4 controller actually has made some good steps forward, I do prefer the 360's over the PS3 but I could never put my finger on why. I also don't think I ever really use the d-pad for much so it either way it doesn't really bother me. As long as the new controller isn't worse then I'm happy and by the sounds of it, the refinements have made it slightly better.