ie10 windows 8, certificate error?

hi guys, using windows 8 with updates, and ie10, default install, no other plugins or anything, on occasion I get "Internet Explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors"

I can proceed to show all content, when I went to the ms site for help it says this is often due to the site using a faulty certificate

any thoughts? thanks :)

hi guys, using windows 8 with updates, and ie10, default install, no other plugins or anything, on occasion I get "Internet Explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors"

I can proceed to show all content, when I went to the ms site for help it says this is often due to the site using a faulty certificate

any thoughts? thanks :)

I got the same thing in Windows 8.1, it was Bitdefender 2013. Uninstalled it and problem solved.

If you really haven't installed anything, I have no ideia.

I haven't used Firefox in years.  May have to check it out again.  I use Comodo Dragon now and then.

You should give it another chance as it has changed quite a bit over the years and it handles things better than IE does as this topic proves. :)

• Like 2

try this:

update/synchronize your systems date and time, and timezone (try with and without restarting) and and see if this fixes it.

(Date and time -> internet time -> update)

try this:

update/synchronize your systems date and time, and timezone (try with and without restarting) and and see if this fixes it.

(Date and time -> internet time -> update)

I received a timeout error using time.windows.com, changed to time.nist.gov, worked.  Thanks for the info!  (Y)

Lets see if I get the certificate errors.

You might get this only when logging in and registering on the site, because then we default to SSL (https) after you're logged in the site goes back to http though. So not sure when you would get this aside from logging in?