He *knew* no such thing. He assumed she was unstable, whereas the reports indicate she was being calm, quiet and completely cooperative.  Therefore his actions of throwing her into the cell were totally disproportionate.

You should never assume, you make an ASS of U and ME, the person was arrested for being drunk, the assumption was over, it was an arrest for a crime and if they just "assumed" she was drunk, they should never have arrested her unless they clearly did their job and used a breathalyser or it's equivalent or have video evidence of her driving around drunk as the law demands.

The video clearly also shows the lady had her hands behind her back when she was flung into the cell giving her less of a chance to get her bearings drunk or not, there was two crimes committed that day, her DUI and his battery of a prisoner.

here another situation in 2009..lol

Guess it was her fault in this one too.

here another situation in 2009..lol

According to some of the people in this topic it would be her fault for flinging her shoes off at the officer. To these people the second you do anything wrong you forfeit your human rights and deserve everything you get, even when that means an officer shoving a minor across the cell, forcing them to the ground and smashing their face in. It's police brutality, plain and simple.

These officers should be in jail, not out "protecting" the community.

This was not a beating it was a shove. I've seen kids shoved harder than that playing in our front yard. That she was falling down drunk probably has more to do with her face plant than anything. A person with half normal faculties could have stayed vertical or landed on the bench.

FYI we have a legal standard called Contributory Negligence for split responsibility incidents, and in this one I'd give her about 70% of the responsibility.

I think you lose that case. It would not have been appropriate to shove a completely sober citizen into their cell that way, especially a female. If not for his inappropriate actions, it wouldn't have happened.

If she had fallen in a drunken stupor, she would have fallen down, or forward a bit with the force of her own female bodyweight. Not more or less lunging forward with the momentum of a male shove with the inability (due to her physical state which is why she was under arrest) to brace or protect herself from said injury.

To assess any responsibility to her in this case, would be opening the door to the notion that anyone arrested is responsible for inappropriate or illegal actions performed upon them by officers who they become the custody of.

A bigger question in my mind is, this happens regularly, and funds for such are built into most municipalities budgets. This was not particularly heinous as these things go. Why is "this" one newsworthy?

• Like 1

Now this guy needs to lose his badge and be convicted of the assault charges. You have to remember, law enforcement are just people like the rest of us. They have issues, just like the rest of society. Many people with control, power, and self-esteem issues gravitate toward law enforcement. A gun and a badge and power over people is therapeutic for many with issues. Is it the majority, of course not, maybe in certain precincts it is ... There's a reason there is some mandatory psyche eval for this profession. Many skip it.

Unfortunately, while not the majority, there are a lot, IME, and they as in all things, overshadow the good. The good are taken for granted.

• Like 1

What a fitting name. :D

G9HLUpi.png

Also, by "shattered" I'd expect 10 times the damage I saw on the video.. Stupid overdramatization of facts is making the money, I know.

If you slow down the video you notice her being sexually assaulted too.  :argh:

Tossed shoes at cop after committing a felony, grand theft auto. Assaulting an officer, which with the felony causes a reasonable presumption she will continue to resist. Was she bitig? Swinging? Trying to kick? We don't know but it would elicit a continued response. 15 years old is old enough to be charged as an adult.

Too little info to judge.

Urgh, not enough evidence to go on really. It does indeed look like a shove, but who's to say how she was acting before this section of footage, she may have been violent, it may have taken them half hour to move her three feet no one but those officers really know.

Urgh, not enough evidence to go on really. It does indeed look like a shove, but who's to say how she was acting before this section of footage, she may have been violent, it may have taken them half hour to move her three feet no one but those officers really know.

I doubt they had a problem moving her 3 feet by the way they put her in the cell, do you?

I doubt they had a problem moving her 3 feet by the way they put her in the cell, do you?

Who are we to make that judgement though? We're not privy to the evidence needed to ascertain that for a fact. Can't make rash decisions based on a few seconds of video.

Just for the record, i'm not saying he didn't push her above and beyond what was necessary. Just that we don;t have the evidence to hand.

Well, seeing as you can't even bother to get the basic facts of the case right, you're clearly trolling.

Except everything I've written is completely accurate. Try again, friend.

Tossed shoes at cop after committing a felony, grand theft auto. Assaulting an officer, which with the felony causes a reasonable presumption she will continue to resist. Doing that is dumb. Was she bitig? We don't know but it would elicit a continued response. 15 years old is old enough to be charged as an adult.

NOTHING she did could have warranted that attack upon her. Further, to class her flicking her shoe at him like that as "assaulting an officer" is clearly an exaggeration (especially when there is no evidence the shoe actually hit him, which would be required to class as battery); then again, that's not surprising when we see people who fart in the presence of an officer charged with battery. All too often we see 'assaulting an officer' and 'resisting arrest' tacked on to charges because they require little to no evidence.

It's shocking?but not at all surprising?that you would defend the actions of the officer in that case. What's worse is that he was never convicted on any crime, despite the clear and overwhelming evidence, though thankfully he at least lost his job over the incident.

I posted a link to the extended footage earlier in the topic. She was only out of the cell for six seconds and there was no evidence of any violence or resistance, with the earlier footage showing that she was compliant with the officers.

So a woman who it seems was pushing back to not get into the cell got shoved in, tripped and hit her face.  What do you want me to say to that?  She should have either (1) been more careful or (2) just gone in.

• Like 1

So a woman who it seems was pushing back to not get into the cell got shoved in, tripped and hit her face. What do you want me to say to that? She should have either (1) been more careful or (2) just gone in.

Exactly. Plus 3) not been in a state where her equilibrium was compromised. A little sobriety goes a long ways towards not face planting

I posted a link to the extended footage earlier in the topic. She was only out of the cell for six seconds and there was no evidence of any violence or resistance, with the earlier footage showing that she was compliant with the officers.

The damn vid wont play. I'll reserve further judgement until i can watch it.

So a woman who it seems was pushing back to not get into the cell got shoved in, tripped and hit her face.  What do you want me to say to that?  She should have either (1) been more careful or (2) just gone in.

You must have watched a different video, as that's CLEARLY not what this video showed. Her being "more careful" would not have prevented the police officer from using his full force to shove her across the room. It's disgusting that you would defend the actions of this officer and seek to blame the victim. Police officers have a duty to protect those in their care, which obviously wasn't what happened here.

You must have watched a different video, as that's CLEARLY not what this video showed. Her being "more careful" would not have prevented the police officer from using his full force to shove her across the room. It's disgusting that you would defend the actions of this officer and seek to blame the victim. Police officers have a duty to protect those in their care, which obviously wasn't what happened here

Save your nonsense.  We both watched the same cleverly cropped video that shows her coming into the room against her will.  Yes he pushed a bit too hard, but it's his job to get her in there, and if she was grabbing the door frame and pushing back, it would take force.

But hey, if my words have disgusted you, then you really have a weak constitution!

I think you're confused.

Nope. You are.

Here's your post again, as you seem to have memory issues:

Partakes in drugs.
Then decides to break the law and drive.
Gets caught.
Gets shoved into a cell and smashes her face in.

a la Trayvon fans..."SHE DIN DO NUFFIN"

It's almost as if people are born these days with no concept of common sense, self respect and doing the right thing.

Lucky for us this model citizen didn't plow into someone else or innocent bystanders while doing nuffin. Far from slagging off the police for perceived rough treatment...in cases such as these it should be par for the course. Dole out a kicking. Go right ahead.

Emphasis mine.  She's not on drugs or arrested for drugs. She's drunk. Alcohol is not classed as a drug. 

Save your nonsense.  We both watched the same cleverly cropped video that shows her coming into the room against her will.  Yes he pushed a bit too hard, but it's his job to get her in there, and if she was grabbing the door frame and pushing back, it would take force.

But hey, if my words have disgusted you, then you really have a weak constitution!

I see no indication in the video that she was resisting entering the cell in any way.  She steps in, he shoves, she goes flying.

Why are you defending the cop? He's clearly in the wrong here.

• Like 1

I see no indication in the video that she was resisting entering the cell in any way.  She steps in, he shoves, she goes flying.

Why are you defending the cop? He's clearly in the wrong here.

Her stance before entering, she is leaning backwards.  Why are you defending someone who has been arrested, she's clearly in the wrong here.

The video wasn't "cleverly cropped", as the extended video I posted earlier shows the context to be exactly as portrayed. And saying he "pushed a bit too hard" is like saying Hitler's foreign policy was a bit too aggressive - it's disingenuous. His job is to protect her, which he certainly didn't do using his full force to shove her across the room and shatter her face.

You have gone out of your way to defend the actions of a cop who was completely out of line.

The video wasn't "cleverly cropped", as the extended video I posted earlier shows the context to be exactly as portrayed. And saying he "pushed a bit too hard" is like saying Hitler's foreign policy was a bit too aggressive - it's disingenuous. His job is to protect her, which he certainly didn't do using his full force to shove her across the room and shatter her face.

You have gone out of your way to defend the actions of a cop who was completely out of line.

I did say to save the nonsense, but oh well.

I have seen the uncropped video, her weight is on her back foot, she is leaning back and attempting to not be put into the cell.  Argue it any way you want, you're wrong.  Her face shattered because she fell, she fell because he pushed her, he pushed her because she was attempting to not be put into the cell, she was being put into the cell because she was arrested, she was arrested because she had committed a criminal act.  And you paint the cop as the problem... LOL

some people are simply too obtuse and can't seem to be able to be objective to certain things.   they are soooo close minded that arguing with them is futile and simple angers people who are capable of seeing things properly.

Just like i said before, I usually side on the side of the cops, but this one case, i cant seem to condone his actions...not sure how anyone can?!  WDC woman on car? Deserved to get killed....Woman who escapes police and resists arrest gets stunned gun and falls flat on her face and dies? Yeah, cop was right on that one, she was asking for it!  But this? really? are we watching the same video?

bah...i am just going to stop looking at this.

Alcohol is not classed as a drug. 

You're definitely confused. Just because something is deemed legal doesn't remove it's classification as a drug. Do some reading. Start with "psychotropics".