You're definitely confused. Just because something is deemed legal doesn't remove it's classification as a drug. Do some reading. Start with "psychotropics".

Removed. Might not be appropriate. 

I have seen the uncropped video, her weight is on her back foot, she is leaning back and attempting to not be put into the cell.  Argue it any way you want, you're wrong.  Her face shattered because she fell, she fell because he pushed her, he pushed her because she was attempting to not be put into the cell, she was being put into the cell because she was arrested, she was arrested because she had committed a criminal act.  And you paint the cop as the problem... LOL

Her face was NOT shattered because she fell - it was shattered because she was pushed across the room with great force. I mean, by your logic if a police officer pushed someone off a cliff it would be the fault of the victim because they "fell". And again, whether she had committed a crime is entirely irrelevant. You're quick to blame the person who committed the crime yet refuse to accept that the officer also committed a crime - two wrongs don't make a right.

I just cannot believe for one second that if you had been arrested?regardless of the merit of the offence?and the same thing happened to you that you would be defending the police officer. The woman was attacked because the officer was irritated that she wouldn't look at the camera in the "right way". Thugs like him should be in jail, not in the police force.

Her stance before entering, she is leaning backwards.  Why are you defending someone who has been arrested, she's clearly in the wrong here.

She may be leaning back slightly, but she was drunk...what would you expect.  Her hands were pulled way behind her and there was no reason to push her so hard as she was going in to the cell without resistance.  I have seen violent criminals handled with more care than she was.  Yes, she is a criminal and has been arrested but criminals have rights as well and does not give anyone the excuse to treat them badly.

I have seen the uncropped video, her weight is on her back foot, she is leaning back and attempting to not be put into the cell.  Argue it any way you want, you're wrong.  Her face shattered because she fell, she fell because he pushed her, he pushed her because she was attempting to not be put into the cell, she was being put into the cell because she was arrested, she was arrested because she had committed a criminal act.  And you paint the cop as the problem... LOL

The point really isnt if she was resisting or not.  Its the force that was used to put her in the cell.  She had her arms pulled behind her, she was drunk and not stable, and she was pushed and since her hands were pulled behind her, had no way to brace herself.  She is a small woman and you cannot tell me that one cop, or the 2-3 cops outside the cell, couldnt get her in the cell without that much force.  Again, I have seen tougher criminals subdued with less force and treated better than this lady was.  And the cop who shoved her was not struggling to keep her under control.  So that amount of force was not needed.

I normally side with the cops, but cop clearly is in the wrong here.

• Like 1

Her face was NOT shattered because she fell - it was shattered because she was pushed across the room with great force. I mean, by your logic if a police officer pushed someone off a cliff it would be the fault of the victim because they "fell". And again, whether she had committed a crime is entirely irrelevant. You're quick to blame the person who committed the crime yet refuse to accept that the officer also committed a crime - two wrongs don't make a right.

I just cannot believe for one second that if you had been arrested?regardless of the merit of the offence?and the same thing happened to you that you would be defending the police officer. The woman was attacked because the officer was irritated that she wouldn't look at the camera in the "right way". Thugs like him should be in jail, not in the police force.

I wonder how it would go over if her DUI defense was, yes I'm guilty of DUI, but I've already been punished by the arresting officer, so am I free to go now?

I can't say he shouldn't be on the force, and from the looks of what happened not jail. But they should definitely be liable for the injuries she sustained and I would imagine retraining/counseling for the offending officer and hopefully progressive discipline for future incidents of this nature.

She'd been drinking. Its difficult to gauge how stable they are upright. 

Did you actually watch it?  It's pretty obvious she was shoved. 

I was arrested once (for a ticket I had already paid), and I was handcuffed and being led by the officer.  He ran me into the corner of a chair and I went forward to catch my balance and he said "Where do you think you're trying go?"  Did he think I was going to run and try to escape, handcuffed, from the police station?  

I didn't take that amount of force to take care of the situation.  If he needed help with her, there were obviously enough officers around to help.  There is really no excuse for this.

It is amazing how easy it is to skew the results in your favor with the Internet.

For instance, I googled:

police brutality UK

http://police-brutality-uk.co.uk/

UK must have a real issue with police brutality, eh?

We do. I had the imprint from the sole of a boot on my face to prove it, not to mention the stuff I have seen where I wasn't involved.

Compared to other countries, it could be a lot worse, but they are all ######, in my book.

We do. I had the imprint from the sole of a boot on my face to prove it, not to mention the stuff I have seen where I wasn't involved.

Compared to other countries, it could be a lot worse, but they are all *****, in my book.

Well, I am not saying there are not instances of it, but can you say that it happens all the time, everywhere?

Or is even terribly common?

Isolated incidents don't count, IMO.