Photo

Woman's Face Shattered By Cop [Graphic Video]

us dui police brutality reconstructive surgery titanium plate shattered bones federal lawsuit tyt

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#31 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 2,045 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 23:03

I didn't see the merit in searching for police brutality in the UK and then posting that it exists. 

Good grief, it was proving a point.  I could have chosen ANY country.  You are just being pedantic.

I don't think anyone in here was under the impression police brutality was a US only problem. 

Actually, it was theyarecomingforyou's impression and why I posted.  You can see it in the first post, as well as his other postings on police brutality.

#32 Nogib

Nogib

Neowinian

• 564 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 23:30

Accident or not he shoved her alot harder than he needed to, unnecessary force

And she wouldn't have been shoved at all had she not been driving drunk.  Fault = entirely hers.

#33 PhilTheThrill

PhilTheThrill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,871 posts
  • Phone: WP8

Posted 14 October 2013 - 23:33

So you're justifying what the cop did because she was DUI?

She can view it as a lesson learned.

#34 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 2,045 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 23:44

She can view it as a lesson learned.

What lesson would that be?

Cops will hurt you if you are drunk?

#35 OP theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,005 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 14 October 2013 - 23:46

And she wouldn't have been shoved at all had she not been driving drunk.  Fault = entirely hers.

No.  :angry:

By that logic if the police officer had whipped out a bazooka and blown her brains out across the cell then it would have still been her fault for committing the initial crime. This culture of blaming the victim is vile and reprehensible.

The officer committed a crime and should be prosecuted for it. Simple as.

#36 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,901 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 14 October 2013 - 23:49

No.  :angry:

By that logic if the police officer had whipped out a bazooka and blown her brains out across the cell then it would have still been her fault for committing the initial crime. This culture of blaming the victim is vile and reprehensible.

The officer committed a crime and should be prosecuted for it. Simple as.

So the victim should assume no responsibility at all? It doesn't work like that. Just because you're a victim doesn't mean you are absolved of all responsibility for your actions. 

#37 nusense

nusense

Neowinian

• 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 23:50

This would of never happend if she hadn't got into a car and drive knowing she was still drunk.

Correct she was drunk, but she wasn't technically driving. She was sleeping in her car while she was drunk. 

#38 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,901 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 23:52

Correct she was drunk, but she wasn't technically driving. She was sleeping in her car while she was drunk. 

Reports say she'd driven for a period of time before making that call.

#39 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 2,045 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 23:53

So the victim should assume no responsibility at all? It doesn't work like that. Just because you're a victim doesn't mean you are absolved of all responsibility for your actions. 

She should be responsible to pay for her actions according to the law, but should not be endangered or injured by a peace officer just because she was drunk.

#40 nusense

nusense

Neowinian

• 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 23:55

Reports say she'd driven for a period of time before making that call.

Gotcha, they didn't say that in the video. Only that she was passed out in the car.

#41 madd-hatter

madd-hatter

Crazy Hat Salesman

• 1,407 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 23:56

I don't think it was intentional. Looked like an accident to me. 

Dude, I've seen NFL Playoff linebackers shove ballhandlers softer than that... He launched her and the only reason they helped her afterwards was because "oh ######, this is ######ing filmed!"

#42 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,901 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 23:59

She should be responsible to pay for her actions according to the law, but should not be endangered or injured by a peace officer just because she was drunk.

I wasn't referring to this scenario specifically, but the concept of victim blaming in general. I'm assuming Theyarecomingforyou's blood boils everyone he pulls into a car park and sees signs warning him to remove valuables from his car. Froths at the mouth with rage when he has to secure his belongings in a locker at the local swimming pool etc. 

Dude, I've seen NFL Playoff linebackers shove ballhandlers softer than that... He launched her and the only reason they helped her afterwards was because "oh ****, this is ****ing filmed!"

I'm not saying he accidentally shoved her. I'm saying it looks like he didn't want to cause her harm. Just get her in the cell. He was probably angry, I know how police despise drink drivers. 

#43 OP theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,005 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 15 October 2013 - 00:03

She bears responsibility for drinking and driving - that is not in dispute and she accepted responsibility for that. However, she bears no responsibility for the police officer attacking her.

#44 Zinomian

Zinomian

Neowinian

• 107 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 00:16

You know, I am usually on the side of the police officers, because people usually are the ones who are IDIOTS and have earned their punishment, however, this one is totally a screw up and huge issue to me.  First, this woman was arrested while she fell a sleep while her car was park on the side of the road, and was not pulled over.   From looking at the video the woman was not fighting the officer, was not doing anything, and the officer used way too much force.  He could have move her the cell and simply placed on the sit/bench, rather than throw her.

#45 PhilTheThrill

PhilTheThrill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,871 posts
  • Phone: WP8

Posted 15 October 2013 - 00:16

What lesson would that be?

Cops will hurt you if you are drunk?

You'll fall down and hurt yourself...or you might drive your car into a crowd.

Make your choice.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!