WP Update 3: Have you installed it?

WP Update 3: If you have a WP.  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Have you updated? (If you have a WP)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you have upgraded, how many issues have you run into? (Describe Below)

• None
    • A Few
    • Plenty
    • The update doesn't work/ it has broken something significant
    • Did not update
  3. 3. If you updated to Update 3, which device did you update?

• Lumia 1020
    • Lumia 920
    • Lumia 928
    • Lumia 925
    • Lumia 520
    • Lumia 521
    • Lumia 620
    • Lumia 822
    • Lumia 810
    • Lumia 820
    • HTC 8X
    • HTC 8S
    • HTC 8XT
    • Other (list below)
    • Did not update

Not available for my old WP7 device :(

That's because it's an update for WP8, not WP7.

I haven't installed it and I don't plan to either. I'm fine with waiting for my carrier to release the update when it's ready. I have GDR2 installed on my HTC 8S and I'm happy with the improvements they made so far. It's nice to finally have FM radio on my phone. I haven't had that feature since 2010.

I ran into some Bluetooth issues with the update. (Lumia 925)

Before, XBox Music and Spotify showed the music title on my car stereo.

Now they don't. :(

Also Spotify sometimes refuses to resume a song when connected via bluetooth.

Sometimes my In-Car Media Controls (at the steering wheel) don't work.

Today my car tried to connect for about 10 minutes to my Lumia although they were already connected and the music was playing.

Before the update all of those things worked flawlessly.

Of course I deleted the devices in my car and lumia bluetooth and repaired them, but that didn't help either.

Everything else runs fine so far.

I have a Samsung ATIV S Neo and tried both methods (installing the app and cert and also using the SDK developer unlock method). My device still says no update available.

Make sure you are having latest GDR2 version running as mentioned.

Hey you forgot to list Lumia 720!

No problem as yet, but I feel the phone has become slightly faster. The slight stutter is gone, and the experience is smoother.

I found a small change though. When entering the URL in IE, the keyboard appears and the refresh button placed there is now gone while entering the URL, which I felt previously was a waste of space. Now it appears only when you are not typing.

No issues except close apps doesn't work as I expected. For example if I have pandora running in background and close it via multi-tasking UI, I can still hit play on the music controls to listen to music.

I have a Samsung ATIV S Neo and tried both methods (installing the app and cert and also using the SDK developer unlock method). My device still says no update available.

Have you tried app studio method? Works on Lumia 521:)

No issues except close apps doesn't work as I expected. For example if I have pandora running in background and close it via multi-tasking UI, I can still hit play on the music controls to listen to music.

That is how it is always been, basically the app and the music are 2 different services. So your just closing out the app interface, to close the music you can wait, restart the device or get a Stop music app.

Any new enhancements in IE??? Is it updated to IE11? HTML5 / CSS3 support improvement?

Any new enhancements in IE??? Is it updated to IE11? HTML5 / CSS3 support improvement?

Not that I know of, the engine is still the same but they've probably fixed bugs and tweaked performance.   Have to wait for WP 8.1 to get IE11 it seems.

Not that I know of, the engine is still the same but they've probably fixed bugs and tweaked performance.   Have to wait for WP 8.1 to get IE11 it seems.

Thanks for sharing your experience... Really Appreciated your reply... :D  :)  :D

you only need your account registered as an developer and to download the app. no cert or such needed for the update. 

I installed it pretty much right away when I got the phone so I an't tell if there's anything that works differently, but everything seems to work fine, with one exception.

I can't send facebook messages from the messenger. it's set up and linked correctly on my MS account and it's activated in the messages settings. but I can only send SMS'.

any idea when GDR3+Lumia Next update is supposed to hit for everyone?

Before the year is over, they'll want to get the new 1320 and 1520 out to market first with them and then shortly after that is my guess.

I installed it pretty much right away when I got the phone so I an't tell if there's anything that works differently, but everything seems to work fine, with one exception.

I can't send facebook messages from the messenger. it's set up and linked correctly on my MS account and it's activated in the messages settings. but I can only send SMS'.

Are you logged in with the primary alias of your MS account? I had the same issue.

My account doesn't have any separate aliases, well it might have one, I'm not sure, away back it was "linked"with another one I think, but this one is the primary in any case.

A curios thing though, how comes play to isn't built into WP8, the way MS has it integrated into windows I was surprised to find it wasn't in WP now, and I needed a Nokia play to app which is completely separate and can't be called from the sharing or app menu in the other apps like gallery.

I'm surprised as well, I hope they build that into WP8.1 so you can at least use it to push music/video/pictures to Windows 8.1 and Xbox.

If you have a Nokia device, you can download the "Play To" Beta.

It should give you playback to most devices. XBox probably not due to MS being retards with the way they deployed the service -_-