ibqitOx1T2Uvdu.gif

ibaafNSH2i961d.gif

wow, the UI is incredible.

#2 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia Icon

Posted 15 October 2013 - 16:02

Microsoft does hit my last nerve from time to time with some of their boneheaded decisions.  But Microsoft has been a breath of fresh air in the gaming console world.  A lot of things are considered industry standards now because of Xbox/Live.  

Thanks for posting these shots.  I LOVE IT...  

#3 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 15 October 2013 - 18:18

I think that video is a great advertisement for the platform.  It's something that I think almost everyone would appreciate hearing and seeing as it does a good job laying out what MS' goals are for the system and what those goals mean to the consumer.  They lay out what this all means for gamers and how its built around offering those experiences while at the same time, expanding into other areas and trying to anticipate what the future will bring.

I still think the X1 is shaping up to be a great system as is the PS4.  I really believe that if the early drm situation had not happened, we would not have near as much backlash against the X1 right now.  Although, I also think MS has managed to calm a lot of that backlash and even turn people around, but there are still those that are forever turned away from the X1 that might not have been.

#4 kaotic

kaotic

Neowinian

Posted 15 October 2013 - 19:52

I love the blue tile color. I think I'd use that over the green.

#5 The_Observer

The_Observer

Apples, Bananas, Rhinoceros!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone5s

Posted 15 October 2013 - 20:15

Over XBOX system, why are we paying money for a console to get ADs, when i turn on my xbox i dont want to see ads, i want to see the last game i played, games i have on my system!

#6 RatherLargeBear

RatherLargeBear

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy Note II

Posted 15 October 2013 - 20:22

THE_OBSERVER, on 15 Oct 2013 - 21:15, said:

Over XBOX system, why are we paying money for a console to get ADs, when i turn on my xbox i dont want to see ads, i want to see the last game i played, games i have on my system!

Why when we pay for a bus ticket do we have to look at ads plastered over the bus?

Why when we buy a tv we have to watch ads on pratically every channel?

#7 The_Observer

The_Observer

Posted 15 October 2013 - 21:19

Why when we buy a tv we have to watch ads on pratically every channel?

Cause it called FREE TO AIR! is your xbox console free, if it was then yes i would understand and stop complaining, but paying 749NZD for a console and then cost to play online only to have ads put in my face isnt right! Sure have your video tab there with all your movies release's but dont put them these ads on the first screen i see!

Why when we pay for a bus ticket do we have to look at ads plastered over the bus?

yea i dont know where your going with this one??

#8 Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

Posted 15 October 2013 - 21:24

Cause it called FREE TO AIR! is your xbox console free, if it was then yes i would understand and stop complaining, but paying 749NZD for a console and then cost to play online only to have ads put in my face isnt right! Sure have your video tab there with all your movies release's but dont put them these ads on the first screen i see!

yea i dont know where your going with this one??

Then explain cable? If I recall from my younger years, cable didn't have ads because you paid for it...guess what happened? TA DAAAAAAA

#9 NeoPogo

NeoPogo

Neowinian

Posted 15 October 2013 - 21:29

Then explain cable? If I recall from my younger years, cable didn't have ads because you paid for it...guess what happened? TA DAAAAAAA

Ad = commercials. Cable always had commercials in my neck of the woods. I remember cable back in the early 1980s with ads aka commercials.

#10 InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 7
  • Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 15 October 2013 - 21:32

That was the exact opposite here in the UK, you paid for cable and the channels had more adverts, for longer than all the free to air channels did here at the time.

Either way I agree with you, the amount of adverts on the current 360 dashboard is a joke. I personally don't want to see them on the Xbox One, however I don't expect that will ever happen.

#11 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 22
  • Phone: HTC One (Work) Lumia 1020 (Home)

Posted 15 October 2013 - 21:32

I honestly don't care about the ads-on-a-console argument, but reasonably sure there were always commercials on cable (at least in the US), and I've had cable in one form or another since somewhere around the mid 80's.

#12 The_Observer

The_Observer

Posted 15 October 2013 - 21:35

i think your missing my main point, when i turn on my xbox360 i dont want to see ads on the first screen i come to! i want a nice clean screen showing my installed games, last game i played and maybe future games. i dont care about movies and music, or apps on my xbox, i have a other devices for that. Look at this screen show of the first screen this comes to,

Untitled.png

I see ads for movies tvshows something called upload studio, i thought i was using a game console! Biggest picture should be the game i last played, there should be games i have installed and maybe games in the market place and upcoming games,

#13 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 15 October 2013 - 21:41

It doesn't just stop at movies; Mountain Dew, Doritos, Linx / AXE, McDonalds, Honda, Adidas... the list goes on.

Microsoft have been sneaking ads in over the years and it's starting to take the ****.

#14 Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

Posted 15 October 2013 - 21:42

Then I recall incorrectly...but my point is still that, paid services can still have ads.

#15 Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

Posted 15 October 2013 - 21:44

i think your missing my main point, when i turn on my xbox360 i dont want to see ads on the first screen i come to! i want a nice clean screen showing my installed games, last game i played and maybe future games. i dont care about movies and music, or apps on my xbox, i have a other devices for that. Look at this screen show of the first screen this comes to,

Untitled.png

I see ads for movies tvshows something called upload studio, i thought i was using a game console! Biggest picture should be the game i last played, there should be games i have installed and maybe games in the market place and upcoming games,

Upload studio is an Xbox One feature...for Game DVR stuff. The "ads" are the "What's New On Xbox One"