27 replies to this topic

#1 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,610 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 15 October 2013 - 16:24

Source: Kotaku

Ubisoft's open-world game Watch Dogs has been pushed back to spring of 2014, the publisher just announced on their blog.P

"Our ambition from the start with Watch Dogs has been to deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming," the company wrote. "It is with this in mind that we’ve made the tough decision to delay the release until spring 2014."P

Watch Dogs, originally slated for a November release, was due to be a big launch game for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, which will both be out that month. It's also slated for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, and PC.P

"We know a lot of you are probably wondering: Why now?" Ubisoft wrote. "We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune each detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience.P

"We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the way you respond on the web, at events, press conferences and other opportunities we have to interact. Your passion keeps us motivated.P

"We can’t wait to see you in Chicago next spring. We are confident you’ll love this game as much as we love working on it."P

Ubisoft also announced today that their open-world racing game, The Crew, will be delayed until the next fiscal year, which ranges from April 1, 2014 to March 31, 2015.

Official UBISOFT Blog

Our ambition from the start with Watch Dogs has been to deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming. It is with this in mind that we’ve made the tough decision to delay the release until spring 2014.

We know a lot of you are probably wondering: Why now? We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune each detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the way you respond on the web, at events, press conferences and other opportunities we have to interact. Your passion keeps us motivated.

We can’t wait to see you in Chicago next spring. We are confident you’ll love this game as much as we love working on it.

I personally say good move. The more I saw of this game recently, the more I was getting worried it was not going to turn out as they wanted it to.

They also probably realized GTA is still moving strong, and also did not want to go against their own Assassins Creed game.

Going to be interesting though to see how this affects sales on the PS4. Infamous: Second Son looks like a beast.

#2 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 35,470 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 21:36

No surprise, not playable at Eurogamer Expo when I visited in amongst playing copies of every other next gen title screamed alarm bells.

#3 Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

• 752 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 21:46

Crazy that they started selling bundles for this game IIRC and now delaying it, but it is for the better.

#4 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 2,268 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 21:54

i think it's a good move, i mean GTA5 is selling like hot cakes now so it will be counter wise to release a game like this right now; still i hope that there's isn't a financial motive in the back, because delaying 2 games like this just a month for the next gen consoles release...

#5 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 9,332 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:01

What the hell? The generation went from strongest launch lineup ever to the usual hit and miss. So now its basically Killzone and Driveclub for PS4 day one. This is very disappointing from a gaming point of view.

#6 Raa

Raa

Resident something-or-rather

• 11,807 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:08

Well it's not like I didn't see this coming.

Ubisoft has a terrible history of delaying games - on the bright side AC4 release was brought forward a couple of days.

#7 x-scratch

x-scratch

whaaaaaaaat

• 2,743 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:11

crap so it's not coming out next month ???

#8 FriendlyBully

FriendlyBully

Neowinian

• 203 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:14

What the hell? The generation went from strongest launch lineup ever to the usual hit and miss. So now its basically Killzone and Driveclub for PS4 day one. This is very disappointing from a gaming point of view.

My thoughts exactly. I am glad I am getting the XB1 and DR3 at this point.

#9 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 9,332 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:16

No, it most likely won't arrive till spring next year. And not that I'm defending them, but Ubi aren't too bad with release schedules. This is a major #### up, as it hurts the launch of both consoles. No conspiracies, but it may have to do with console supplies. Sony and MS may be asking publishers to lay off the gas since most people won't get the hardware till next year anyway. From pure marketing perspectives, though, this makes no sense.

#10 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

• 4,937 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:20

I'm glad it happened either way.  There're too damn many games releasing in the next month or so.

#11 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 9,332 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:30

Not that many any more!

#12 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

• 4,937 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:10

Not that many any more!

Arkham Origins, Battlefield 3, DEHR Director's Cut, Need for Speed: Rivals, X: Rebirth....and probably more heh.

#13 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

• 4,937 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:24

Assassins Creed 4 too?  that explains it

#14 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

• 4,937 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:37

I forgot Call of Duty heh.  I usually do.

#15 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• 20,227 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:13

One game doesn't kill the lineup, still the best lineup since consoles went 3D. I don't have time to play all these games anyway. 

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!