42 posts in this topic

Posted

Stardock has announced that Galactic Civilizations III is coming!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owdjizoiqVY&feature=share&list=UUUCMPd9b70oNX51guypaYhw[/media]

FAQhttp://www.galciv3.com/game/faq

Stardock announced the third installment of its award-winning PC strategy game series today as the company celebrates its 20th anniversary: Galactic Civilizations III, the long-awaited next chapter in one of the highest-rated strategy franchises of all time. Coming exclusively to 64-bit PCs, Galactic Civilizations III stays true to its core gameplay while adding new features including multiplayer, political intrigue, vastly improved visuals and much more. 

2 people like this

Posted

We have a new interactive timeline for the Galactic Civilizations universe. You can click through the timeline and learn more about the events in the GalCiv world. 

http://galciv3.com/databanks/timeline

1 person likes this

Posted

New screenshots and concept art have been added to the media gallery.

http://www.galciv3.com/game/media

ss1.jpg

Posted

A new journal is out today with more info on the Altarian Leader, Elsys Mue.

http://forums.galciv3.com/450612/page/1/

The Lead Designer of GalCiv3 was also on the Space Game Junkies podcast.  Give it a listen here.

Posted

The Founders edition will end, but I don't think that will happen before the end of the year.  We will be giving a heads up well before it ends so people can get in if they wish, it just won't stop one day without  notice.

If you contact sales@stardock.com, they would also be able to help you upgrade to the Elite. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

I grabbed the Founder's Elite a while back. Had plenty of fun with GC1 and 2, but I can't wait for multiplayer to come.

Posted

A couple of updates for those keeping up wtih GC3 news....

SpaceSector has part 1 of a community interview up with questions answered by one of GC3's producers.

A new Galactic Civilizations journal is up which talks more about Starbases.

:)

Posted

Just a note that the $10 Founders discount will end on March 2nd, so if you want the discount be sure to grab it before then. :)

Posted

wow

Posted

New Dev Journal is up giving more insights on the Terran leader.

"The self-imposed exile Admiral D.L. Bradley led his fleet into has taken its toll on the once-friendly leader. Giving the order to turn tail and run from forces he knew would simply turn their guns on undefended Terran colonies cost Bradley dearly, and he is determined to make that sacrifice count.

Sixteen years have passed in our galaxy since the Terran First Fleet escaped into the pocket dimension that previously housed the Dread Lords. Sixteen years of the fleet being cut off entirely from the fate of the rest of the human race."

Posted

First gameplay video is out!

[wyoutube]iwU6YFOq0Dw[/wyoutube]

Posted

That's right, the alpha is due out this week for the Founder's Edition peeps. AoW 3, Reaper of Souls and GalCiv 3. Woo-hoo!

Posted

Lots of good stuff. :)

Posted

If you are part of the Founder's Elite, then you can check your Stardock account for your Steam key as the alpha is live on Steam. :)

Posted

There's a dev livestream happening today at 1pm EST where the topic will be ideology, and taking questions in chat about GC3. It will be on the Stardock Twitch channel. :)

Posted

The second big alpha patch has been released today, and the ship designer and has been added!  This is something one of our programmers came up with to show off some crazy things you can do with it. :)

bigwiggle.png

Posted

The tentative schedule has been updated with current info. :)

March 2014: Alpha 1 - First release!
The very first version of the game.

April 2014: Alpha 2 - Shipyard added!
This version addressed early feedback and some new UI improvements, tech tree changes, and ideology tree changes.

June 2014: Alpha 3 - Starports and more!
We

Posted

Alpha 3 patch 1 is out today with new music and multiplayer map sizes, and lots of fixes.

Details here.

Posted

I had forgotten I ordered this, had a brief play of the alpha, liking the direction and as always for me all the research and tech options.  Looks like you are on the right track to balance it well between those that like micromanagement vs those who prefer to focus on combat, tech, diplomacy etc.  Keep it up, I won't spoil anything further for myself till launch or maybe the beta. 

I can't recall if there were weapons of planetary destruction in the last one but that was one of my fav things to try and research first in MOO3, please add them if possible :)

Posted

There was in the GCII expansions, and although it might not appear in the base game of GCIII, there will be something like that. :)

Posted

I loved GCII, but the one area that would bite me in the rear is forgetting to re-design and having an out of date fleet.

Is there plans to have "stock" auto update plans as well as the ship customization?

Posted

The Founder's Elite edition will be going away next week, and the beta will be introduced shortly after that.  If you were waiting until the last minute, now is the time. :)

Posted

The beta is available now!  If you were a previous early Founder you can get your Steam keys from your Stardock account, and if you were Founder's Elite Steam should have updated with the beta. :)

Highlights in the GalCiv 3 beta:

Race-specific tech trees