Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Windows 8 to 8.1

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I havent tried the 8.1 Preview but am currently running Windows 8 and am looking to upgrade tomorrow.

Normally when a new OS is released I perform a clean install but I just wondering how big of an update 8.1? As it is more of a service pack than a new OS, is there any real benefit of performing a clean install of 8.1 (on a system running okay) rather than just upgrading via the store?

Thanks

Posted

Hello,

I havent tried the 8.1 Preview but am currently running Windows 8 and am looking to upgrade tomorrow.

Normally when a new OS is released I perform a clean install but I just wondering how big of an update 8.1? As it is more of a service pack than a new OS, is there any real benefit of performing a clean install of 8.1 (on a system running okay) rather than just upgrading via the store?

Thanks

Windows 8.1 is much more than a service pack as it adds new features into the OS which, with the exception of XP SP2, service packs generally don't.

Posted

I used to be a Windows 7 user but moved to windows 8.1 as the app" classic start menu" made it so I could have what I wanted. Boot straight to desktop!

so for anyone hating on 8.1 take it from me.. I have hated on windows 8 from day one, use classic start menu and you'll be back in business!

I guess I have my stubborn streak at times.  :laugh:

Posted

Hello,

Thanks

Asked multiple times on here. Please search the forums.